Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - now with lootbox drama

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried the beta demo for an hour or two. Funnily it feels even more casual than the first game. Matches are over after about 10 minutes, only 40 vs 40. Maps are linear. One side follow a huge vehicle you have to defend and the other side have to destroy it. It goes in a actual straight line from point A to point B. Best part of the beta was the forced fov to 55.

This is a just a reskin of Battlefield. I even recognize the animations from BF3. BF3... that game is 6 year old now and they are still using the same animations. Really poor this.

Edit:
Spelling

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
No. There's not pay2win anything.

Game is great.
Shill, troll or just a retard?
How are not lootboxes that give you advantages, that you can only acquire by microtransactions, not pay2win?

Are you fucking retarded?

You can acquire EVERYTHING but just playing. You know that right? JUST.PLAY. It's easy. Get good scrub.

If you don't like microtransactions, then just dont fucking use them. Starcards are not even that good

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who cares about multiplayer? I'm just hoping for a decent 6-7 hours so-bad-it's-good single player campaign.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah because Star Wars is all about the multiplayer experience....

Star Wars battlefront 1 + 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2015 is ALL about the fucking multiplayer.

DICE, the company who made the game, also develops battlefield series, games that a known for their GOTY multiplayer experience, which has always been their core focus.

Don't bullshit me, please. Battlefront series is obviously mostly multiplayer oriented, if u can't realize that, you're a fucking moron.

The singleplayer has ALWAYS been an afterthought, something tacked on, something bonus. Never the core of the game.

This game is no expection. You play the singleplayer for luls and giggles, when you're bored with the MP

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't plan on buying this, so the multiplayer doesn't concern me. The singleplayer looks like the usual CoD-clone. Should be great on a 4K screen. I'm content.

You play the singleplayer for luls and giggles
I would play a battlefield game for the multiplayer, in this it is the multiplayer that's luls and giggles, at least that is the expectation of the developer who poured everything into an "epic story".

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I don't plan on buying this, so the multiplayer doesn't concern me. The singleplayer looks like the usual CoD-clone. Should be great on a 4K screen. I'm content.

You play the singleplayer for luls and giggles
I would play a battlefield game for the multiplayer, in this it is the multiplayer that's luls and giggles, at least that is the expectation of the developer who poured everything into an "epic story".

DICE makes multiplayer their focus.

Don't be fooled by the "EPIC STORY" they were forced to do that by disney and the EA execs. DICE only wants to do multi, and they do those GOTY. Battlefield 1 was amazing in multi, and so is battlefront 2

AwesomeButton

Patron
You think so? About Battlefront 1? All I heared is that it's a reskinned BF game.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Definetly something you should buy for the multiplayer.

Right now there have been games that exploit players and there have been games that have done it in better ways."
Mmhm, I insist on being exploited in a better way.

"The complete system [of us fucking you in the ass] was not in the beta and will continue to be tuned over time,"

Last edited:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Looks just like a movie to me. Didn't look like a movie when I played the beta though.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
My little bittle peepee can't get any harder tbh.

November 9th/14th can't come fast enough!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Game comes out in EA access in 4 hours!

GET HYPED.

Only playable for 10 hours tho, before the actual launch next week on 14th for preorders!

AwesomeButton

Patron
You mean with EA access, you will be able to play it without having bought it?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
starwarsbattlefront2adyld6.png

Rebel interrogator with Down-Syndrome. No wonder nobody wants to root for these douchebag commies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom