Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Command Galaxies

Destroid

Arcane
New game from the Star Command people, looks like a sort of more detailed free form FTL style game, with ship customisation/construction and detailed crew.

http://www.starcommandgalaxies.com/

EDIT: Maybe this should be moved to Sim & City builders.

Last edited:

APGunner

Augur
Graphics are ok. FTL with ship interior decoration and planet missions is a great formula.
Looks like you can pause the game during combat just like in FTL, which is great for me(and my awful micro skills).

DramaticPopcorn

Looks very interesting. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
https://youtu.be/UCkgQifEJyk

Greetings Kickstarters!

This update has been a long time coming and there are so many new features in this Alpha that we are going to list them for you just so you have an idea of what we have been working on.

1. The Nav Map

In the upper left we added a tab for Nav. If your ship and crew is the heart and soul of our game then navigation is the brains. Without the ability to go someplace, a starship management game isn't much fun. And a lot of things happen during travel: crew states are saved, new maps are loaded, old maps are unloaded and the persistence of the galaxy is established. Your strategy is drawn based on proximity, access, routes, threats, allies and landmarks that can present advantages and disadvantages. Which brings us to...

2. Saves

In the world of Galaxies, we have laid the groundwork for a system of rival ships and races with their own tactics, strategies and goals. Each ship will have it's own Captain and be persistent in the universe. Right now you can damage an enemy ship, leave, come back and the ship will still be in existence, with its damage and crew saved and ready. What does this do? Well it's not much more work for us to give them memory and personalities so that they can try and undermine you, become allies or become your nemesis.

3. Conversations and Radial Menus

Right click and hold on other characters to interact. We now have the foundation to be able to speak with other characters in the universe. Soon, you will be able to hire, bargain, surrender, exploit and hundreds of other things. Through this same menu you can interact with the hundreds of objects in the game and do dozens of actions like attacking, hacking, healing and many other things.

4. Tactical Enemies

Enemies will now repair their ship, heal their crew, beam to your ship with goals, flee if they are in danger and strategically attack you. We still have a long way to go but, again, the groundwork has been laid for expanding our enemy AI into other tactics, races and strategies.

5. Missions

Our first test missions are simple tasks like collecting items or killing specific characters in the universe but this will lead to many more complex gameplay features like giving aid to allies, resupplying your colonies, attacking a mutual enemy, capturing rival captains and many more fun adventures all generated by the game and not written by our team. This will lead to more challenges and rewards as the game continues to grow.

6. Tons of Balance

The game is FAR from balanced, but there is quite a bit more in the newest version. Weapons, ship systems, food, energy and just about everything else has gotten a little bit of love. Overall, the game should have a much more "solid" feel.

7. More bug fixes than we can list

From shaders to crew logic to turrets and about a hundred other things, we have been hard at work fixing, adjusting and adding tons of little things to make the game more intuitive and fun.

So where do we go from here? The next update should see the return of planet exploration, new races, new weapons, new conversations and the start of our final system: loyalty. This is basically the whole point of the game - earning relationships with your crew, rival Captain's and other races through your actions (or inactions). This will be where you decide whether to stab your Midorian Captain friend in the back or help him against the surging Antorian empire. Where you can attack and crush an Avarian colony making room for your own or help resupply them and make them grow.We hope this will be where the game really comes together and becomes a fully realized universe.

We're very excited about this release and what is to come. Tell us what you think in the comments below. And as always, we appreciate your faith and patience with us!

Cheers,
Warballoon

Backed this thing on Kickstarter way back when. Still hope they're able to make a fun game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
A tactical RPG where you manage a starship in a proceduraly generated galaxy

ArchAngel

Arcane
I never played FTL but this seems interesting. Any word when final version will be out?

agris

Arcane
Patron
This looks like a lot of fun, but from the videos it also looks like ship versus ship combat is very simple. In FTL we could dynamically adjust power to our engines (+ DODGE), weapons (how many banks of weapons are active) and shields amongst other utility options like teleport, med bay, and drones. This looks like you have a person man a station (torpedoes) and then you get to fire them, the end.

Strig

Learned
:necro:

After over a decade of development it's apparently finally coming out soon™. I hope it's going to be good, but what are the chances of that, eh? People barely seem to have any interest in the game and who could blame them. With 10 years of long periods of silence and rare updates they either moved on or forgot it even existed. I habitually check the progress once a year and today was the day. I didn't buy into the hype at the time and I'll wait for the reviews to come out (if anyone bothers to play it that is), but if it's solid I'll give them my money as it seems they will at least deliver the game if not on all their promises.

Prepare for Launch!!!
Release candidate is live for testing

c01ebf19f2ced9ae9585da20c078a8fd40b515a6.png

Star Commanders –

We are excited to announce final release is upon us. This update is the final release candidate.

That's right Star Command is completeand we are running a final flight-systems check before full launch. So get out there Captain, and launch to explore the fully complete Star Command Galaxies.

Thank you for your years of support. Yes, this is a final release candidate out of the blue!

Leave us all of your thoughts on the discussion forums. All crashes will be reported to our cloud tracking automatically - just an fyi.

i tried it few years ago and i couldn't manage to stop it from crashing every 20 seconds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom