Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Silva

Arcane
Tweed you faggot, I just unlocked this nice Clear Sky SEVA custom tailored by Novikov or something. It shows up on Spore shop after you reach 1000 goodwill with them. You were probably drunk saying Clear Sky has no good armor.

Edit: actually, I remembered I'm using Trader Overhaul, so there's that. Speaking of which, I'm starting to understand the patterns and I'm liking it. It makes different traders specialize in different merchandise, offering better and cheaper kinds of goods. This promotes the same mindset one has for Sakharov and artifacts, but for other traders too (I.e: Butcher at the Garage sells the cheaper shotgun rounds). Aka more trips for strategical barter or resupply.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
As I recall CS's SEVA still isn't as good as the others and enjoy being riddled full of holes. SEVAs are only good for artifact hunting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
IIRC Mercenaries have some good SEVA-like suit that have p. good stats. Good reason to hunt mercs down...

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Mercs usually have the best gear outside of Monolith or UNISG. At least unmodded. The CS ExoSEVA is really nice, but very expensive.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Truth be told the only time you really need a SEVA suit is if you're going to be doing a lot of artifact hunting in heat or psi anomalies. Most hazards can be side-stepped so your best bet for ultimate protection is a Merc or Monolith Nosorog.

Silva

Arcane
Truth be told the only time you really need a SEVA suit is if you're going to be doing a lot of artifact hunting in heat or psi anomalies. Most hazards can be side-stepped so your best bet for ultimate protection is a Merc or Monolith Nosorog.
In campfire mode playing safe is always good, that's why I favor a SEVA. This and LARPing an ecologist. :P

And I'm actually farming artefacts right now to improve my stuff. Finished the Strelok quest and want to juice up before starting the next one (the "Sin" one it seems).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
IIRC Mercenaries have some good SEVA-like suit that have p. good stats. Good reason to hunt mercs down...

Yeah, the mercs have a really good selection of outfits.

Their exo and nosrog makes you basically immune to electro anomalies whilst providing some of the highest combat protection.

Exo also gets a decent amount of artefact slots when fully upgraded.

Silva

Arcane
Exo also gets a decent amount of artefact slots when fully upgraded.
Yep, I'll have to get an Exo somewhere down the road but I want to take it slowly. The SEVA I got has all artifact slots unlocked and is exactly what you said before, a midway between the Eggheads anomaly protection and something more combat oriented. (I checked its name: CS-4a Pathfinder)

Silva

Arcane
How do I get to the north part of Limansk in Anomaly? I have a quest to deliver a package to someone there. I got to the end of the south part of the city but it says "unkonwn path" or something.

EDIT: ok, it seems Limansk north is only accessible from the hospital to the north. The reason for this is Clear Sky story twists dictated the protagonist came from the hospital to the city after some cutscene, and the CoC/Anomaly devs didnt change it.

Last edited:

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Mods of interesting...

Radiophobia 3 is out in beta, available on their discord: https://discord.gg/X8QVcSfb

What little I've played of this I like a lot. It's based on OGSE 0692, but on the latest OGSR engine, and the implementation of the STCOP 3.4 weapon pack and all its bells and whistles, and various other additions. It's the best I've ever seen STALKER looking, and the fights are a lot of fun thanks to the inclusion of Rulix AI mod - AI are very crafty, love to flank you, use suppressive fire and will throw grenades to clear your last known location.

Anomaly modpacks -

For your interest, I tried Escape From Pripyat and EXPEDITION. Spoilers: they suck. EFP is jankily put together and the cunts on their discord are of next to no help if the issue isn't dead obvious. EXPEDITION is the stalker equivalent of nerds going overkill on the ENB for skyrim. It's a combination of reshade and various addons to achieve some fancy effects in stalker, but the end result looks what I imagine having cum in your eyes or extreme astigmatism looks like.

On the other hand, a mod pack I have yet to try but sounds very good is GAMMA - gamma is the latest effort by popular Anomaly modder Grokitach. Seems to be a curated and hand edited compilation of over 200 mods along with grok's view on economy, crafting and progression, which is something that desperately needed work in anomaly. Check out the discord here: https://discord.gg/r7hmmnzX

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
On the other hand, a mod pack I have yet to try but sounds very good is GAMMA - gamma is the latest effort by popular Anomaly modder Grokitach. Seems to be a curated and hand edited compilation of over 200 mods along with grok's view on economy, crafting and progression, which is something that desperately needed work in anomaly. Check out the discord here: https://discord.gg/r7hmmnzX

He posted about it on the stalker subreddit. It sounded interesting.

Hopefully Grok and other modders switch to the new DLTX mod format. It allows mods that modify the same ltx files to be fully compatible without manual merging as long as they don't modify the exact same sections.

Quite a game changer in terms of mod compatibility.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
He posted about it on the stalker subreddit. It sounded interesting.

I tried it out. I can't get over how these modders manage to make an already ugly looking mod look even uglier, and make it perform way worse. They have an uncanny knack for it.

So get this, anomaly vanilla 1080p including all the "taxing" bells and whistles, i get anywhere from 90-120fps+ depending on whats going on. I run this GAMMA mod inlcuding the supposedly optimized settings which include a major reduction of render distances and what not, and I get 40-50fps, and the game looks like shit, overexposure, bad colors, odd looking.

I'm just going to throw my hands up at this point, you really are better off doing everything yourself.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I'm just going to throw my hands up at this point, you really are better off doing everything yourself.

Usually the case with these compilations. I guess you can still use his suggestions for the economy etc and cut out most of the visual stuff.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I've only had chance to try some of his mods, like the one that let you dismantle everything including quest items. Forgot if you can dismantle cases to grab their contents.
Is there a way to download whole package, even if it's OBT/test version? I'm not into modern tech and these discord stuff, I'm still mentally in forums accessed via browsers era...

BTW. I saw some video from some Anomaly mod pack where you can find cases and ask technicians (or someone else) to crack the locks. Even heard about that one?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
BTW. I saw some video from some Anomaly mod pack where you can find cases and ask technicians (or someone else) to crack the locks. Even heard about that one?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/addons/anomaly-lootboxes

Probably this one. You can find lockboxes of various types in stashes or on dead stalkers. You have to buy a set of picks from technician (which is an expensive initial investment), but can replace broken picks with ones you loot from dead stalkers.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I've only had chance to try some of his mods, like the one that let you dismantle everything including quest items. Forgot if you can dismantle cases to grab their contents.
Is there a way to download whole package, even if it's OBT/test version? I'm not into modern tech and these discord stuff, I'm still mentally in forums accessed via browsers era...

Its a little bit fiddly and its installed via a program that is basically a low rent equivalent of Wabbajack for skyrim n shieeet. You're best off just getting discord, dont worry its pretty intuitive to use and you dont have to interact with any faggots, just get what you need, read the install guides and go

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
So I've been playing NLC7, build 3.7.5

This one has an allegedly better machine translation than build 3.0's, largely because it now also translates the ukrainian and belarussian texts which I imagine makes certain questlines and characters much less "oh fuck this" to deal with. Admittedly, it is a better translation, but it's not immediately obvious from the early game texts.

The changes in 3.7.5 are interesting. If you just read the highlights as written by the Russians it sounds they just made it harder because fuck you that's why. In actuality it is both harder and easier than 3.0. For example, one of the early game quests you can do in 3.0 is getting a BM16 shotgun for Petruha, one of wolf's guys. In 3.0 it's a pretty simple fetch quest, and you usually pick up a busted up BM16 when one of the stalkers in the Darkscape (the "gut" or "intestine" as it is called in the mod) gets mauled by muties or blows himself up trying to kill zombies with grenades.

In 3.7.5, the quest is more involved and interesting. Petruha instead asks you search for his friend who went looking for some shit in the Darkscape and hasn't returned. The search takes you throughout darkscape and when you find the friend - dead of course - you will be able to pickup an artifact container and a pristine shotgun. To fully complete the quest you will need to hand the shotgun over to Petruha, but this is one of those early game quests where (like Nimble's jacket) the smarter thing to delay completing the quests and make use of the items for yourself.

In 3.0, in the Sanatorium, there is a Burer that you can kill to get a unique artifact that repels the blind dogs, making early game exploration significantly easier. In 3.7.5 this Burer is gone, however, also gone are the two Burers in the darkscape which are hell to fight with early game weapons and ammo, and their absence makes completing an early game quest chain much less troublesome. So in this sense, we can see that "harder" lacks nuance; it's a different balance.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I've found that dropping dead bodies into Whirligig anomaly it will create low level artifacts.
Does it work in Anomaly/Call of Chernobyl/Call of The Zone or other games in the STALKER trilogy like CS and CoP?

Now if there was mod that let you drag mutant bodies in the original trilogy...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I've found that dropping dead bodies into Whirligig anomaly it will create low level artifacts.
Does it work in Anomaly/Call of Chernobyl/Call of The Zone or other games in the STALKER trilogy like CS and CoP?

Now if there was mod that let you drag mutant bodies in the original trilogy...

I think that was just a SOC thing. Never seen it happen in the others.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Are there any proper widescreen/4K interface mods for SoC? I'm playing vanilla with ZRP and the widescreen scopes fix, and I've been using DSR to run the game at 4K and downsample to my 1080p monitor (only way of getting proper anti-aliasing since other options are broken). Game looks amazing, but HUD is all fucked up. Menus and interface elements are a total mess. Dialogue and trading screens are stretched, and text is unreadably small.

I know the game never had proper widescreen support to begin with, but anyone know of any mods that properly scale the interface to higher resolutions?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So, just grabbed Anomaly 1.5.1, some visual and campfire mods suggested here. Anything else I should grab before starting?

toughasnails

So boys, can you recommend any good mods for replaying Clear Sky nowadays or should I just stick to SRP?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom