Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SS Codex goes to space. Prospector ironman LP.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Bots! What could go wrong?
RobotRampage2.png

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Of course, if we need to go back to the ship to get the bots, then we might as well relocate the ship. To make transporting the mined gold easier, right? Then, if the bots fail, we could use lazors.

Beowulf

Arcane
Of course, if we need to go back to the ship to get the bots, then we might as well relocate the ship. To make transporting the mined gold easier, right? Then, if the bots fail, we could use lazors.

Yeah, hauling that gold in 1,1g - you won't hear me not complaining.

alright, I passed out while doing some routine testing of the medical supplies, but I am now conscious

why even have explosives if we're not going to use them to blow shit up at every chance, plus it will break the ore up into easy to carry chunks and definitely not send slivers of ice ripping through the men. even if someone does get hurt (god forbid) I'm sure I can patch them up np.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Explosives it is.

dsuzslabse.jpg

I'm sure that ice suffered a lot of pain, but it is still there. While we don't have mining explosives anymore.

Let's try mining bots, as Azira suggested.

mbyemgqffw.jpg

So. It's turned on now? Let's read the instructions manual for once.

dbezihrzzb.jpg

Guess he went full rogue from now on. Modern technologies have gone too far.

OK then! No results whatsoever, just as usual! I'm so proud of my team.

:hero:

Once again I'll have to take advice from the only competent person on this ship. Apart from me, of course. We'll do like Beowulf suggested, and go back for teh ship and lazors.

The question is, should we take the safe route back (the way we came), or GO FULL CIRCLE around the planet, thus covering and mapping more territory? The second option is sort of risky, but more profitable. And this planet was very kind to us so far.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Of course, if we need to go back to the ship to get the bots,

Nope, we carry all that junk with us, at all times.

Yeah, hauling that gold in 1,1g - you won't hear me not complaining.

I have a better suggestion - we'll make a bear named spigot do all the carrying. He should be still high and hyperactive.

Last update in 2014. This game still being worked on? It looks like it could be mad fun.

Magellan (the developer) sometimes drops the game for a year or two. Or more. But he comes back, eventually.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
And so we go full circle. The road promises to be truly tormenting, as Kalin suddenly starts talking about a book.

dczzeycykd.jpg

Damn. My doctor is a drug addict, and my senior security guard is fond of books and bonuses. Of course none of them can compare to the mad pilot, trying to destroy my ship on every occasion. It's a miracle Cpt. Grimwulf is still alive.

Impassable mountain chains don't help the mapping process. We've almost reached the ship, when Kalin's endless blabbering was disrupted by rumbling.

Rumbling underneath.

nhvxjosbac.jpg

Back at the ship, Cpt. Grimwulf has gathered the crew again.

ljrbjhuxig.jpg

What's our next step? Landing the ship near gold and palladium might be a good idea, despite the downsides. But we might also destroy the ship for good, knowing Azira's skillz. The terrain over there is difficult.

Also, that ground rumbling. It just doesn't sound right, men. Maybe we should check out some other planet, and come back here later? Who knows, that mining bot might even break the ice with time.

What do you think? Also, I don't have enough Credits to pay your wages. We might want to go back to the Station and sell the current geodata, just to deal with that particular issue.

:M

Beowulf

Arcane
Tough choices. I'm worried about hull integrity as well, but who knows what we will encounter on other planets.
But if we have fuel we can always scan them beforehand.

On the other hand - those deposits...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
But if we have fuel we can always scan them beforehand.

Scanning the remaining planets right away is a smart thing to do. The main problem is not in fuel, but rather in Lizzurd. Scientist is repsonsible for using the scanners and analyzing the data. His skill determines how accurate the results will be.

Do you trust in Lizzurd's skill? Yeah, me too.

Edit: why is the fattest security guard is also the smartest person on board? Goddamit, crew!

the rumbling is nothing to worry about, it's like the noises an old house makes, the planet is just settling in itself

i say we stick it out here on the planet

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Aw heeeell no, I bet that explosion disturbed some big, bad prisoner of ice!

I say leave that little bot to slog quietly and go git ourselves some yehzah, because I want muh paycheck!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Who am I kiddin, we can't just leave those deposits. Cassidy, prepare dem lazorhs.

Azira, land the ship at... umm

hhstpebxjd.jpg

(damn, we've just found an osmium deposit at the same clusterfuck)

I think we'll have to pick up the bot for now, coz it fucks up our line of fire. If we land one square left of where the pointer is now, the lazers should be able to reach both aurum and osmium. Paladium - unlikely, too many mountains on the way.

HERE GOES

bopwugggqx.jpg

I mean, thanks for landing on a perfectly plain surface, but you missed the spot. A bit too far from paladium. And where did the osmium deposit dissapear all of a sudden? Space hallucinations?

Picking up the bot. Ooh, he gathered some resources. Good boy!

zzcwovnzbg.jpg

Seriously though, lefuq happened to osmium deposit? We saw it from SPACE, it was right there

hympsglvlv.jpg

Maybe we should blow up dis mountain, just in case. But gold comes first!

ARE YOU READY?

wwefxmjmap.jpg

DOUIGHT, JUST DOIGHT

azlxiomrph.jpg

The ice, my ancient foe, is taking damage! DON'T STAHP, Cassidy!

nllbcwsfor.jpg

:prosper:

I need a moment to collect myself.

Dayyālu

Arcane
This reminds me of Battletech. It's the rolls, I think.

Everyone is a drooling retard, and supposedly high-tech 90 tons monsters can't vent heat.

I don't exist if not in the mind of the RNG god now, but I vote nonetheless for deploying a mining bot here and get back to the station. Sell the data, pay the wages, repair the gun, recruit the new crop of idiots, in the order. Then we go to find new alien species that would love to stun and rape security dudes.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Three voices shout inside my head right now. The first one demands to behead the gunner. This voice is the loudest.

The second voice is voice of reason.

deploying a mining bot here and get back to the station. Sell the data, pay the wages, repair the gun, recruit the new crop of idiots, in the order. Then we go to find new alien species that would love to stun and rape security dudes.

Althought I'm pretty sure this gun is done for, and cannot be repaired.

And then there is the third voice, which is barely whispering. "We still have grenades and vibro swords..."

sometimes your ship lasers explode, men. sometimes you have to take (explosive) matters into your own hands and explode them using grenades.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Wonderful game. Especially that tabletop port to pc. I always liked to play with 2 high-manoeuvre squads of medium sized mechs. They can easily both attack in front and flank the enemy, separate their forces and hit the rear armor plates.

Beowulf

Arcane
Well, shit. That was anticlimactic.
I doubt the grenades will work. I wouldn't mind heading back to lick wounds and play some strip poker with corp execs.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wonderful game. Especially that tabletop port to pc. I always liked to play with 2 high-manoeuvre squads of medium sized mechs. They can easily both attack in front and flank the enemy, separate their forces and hit the rear armor plates.

Is this your way to offer to me a match of Megamek?

Ooooh, Lizzurd, you should not have done so, I love you too :love:

Tech Level 3025, stock pilots. Tell me when you are free (I'm GMT+1, and you are GMT+2, methinks) and I'll try to reinstall the fucking thing.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I have to listen to my officers. To those who don't talk to imaginary friends about vidya games, at least.

sometimes your ship lasers explode, men. sometimes you have to take (explosive) matters into your own hands and explode them using grenades.

Grenades it is. Kalin, throw dat stuff at the ice!

uulaqezppu.jpg

Missed. ERYFKRAD, throw another one.

uyrfhfacxz.jpg

Oh, you gotta be shi... How hard can it be to hit a HUGE BLOCK OF ICE with a goddamn grenade?

Beowulf, let's try... oh, for fucks sake

mruhbfdfuw.jpg

Our last grenade was a flash grenade. Right. I forgot about that.

Well, do something then! Work for your wages, you lazy arses! All security guards, MOVE that block of ice to the side!

xllkehszqm.jpg

I hate my crew.

We are going back to the station. Defeated by a huge block of ice.

:negative:

some may say our trip to this planet was a complete waste of time, grenades, mining explosives, ship lasers, oxygen and fuel, but I think it was an invaluable bonding experience that we'll look back on fondly in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom