Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sports/non standard rpg?

foodeater

Novice
Has anyone ever made a sports rpg?

I know some of the newer games have stats that you can change in create a character mode. And I saw my friend playing fight night 3 and it was making him work out (this really disturbed me, a lot :P ).

Boxing or wrestling I think is the obvious choice. But a turn based basket ball game could be very interesting. Gambling, steroid use, morale changes based on the crowd, etc. Maybe each match would take too long to play turn based, but I bet it would be pretty intense! And I have the time, heh.

If the game was more story based, I'm sure lots of interesting drama, twists, and treachery could happen.

Anyway, some one has to have made one, right? Was it any good? Maybe a mod was made?

I am just asking because I am in the mood to try something different, and I'm so sick of fantasy/war. So any other unique Rpg would be of interest to me. Hollywood actor, egytian slave, convict(Oz style), president, anything other than the usual.

Graphics don't matter to me a ton, other than the fact that I dig 2d sprites a lot more than 3d in general.

I am going to look at the list of indie rpgs right now as well.

Thanks! :D

Section8

Cipher
I think it's an idea that would go well with golf, since it's a very social game and there's ample opportunity for character exposition as you make your way around a course.

For existing games, I'd recommend New Star Soccer 3. The actual soccer is quite enjoyable, and the off-field stuff can be really interesting. It has quite a few dilemma/choices that pop up from time to time. One that springs to mind is:

"During recent matches, there have been reports of racist behaviour from fans. What are your thoughts on the matter?"

1. Say "Racism is Bad" etc.
2. Say "Everyone is entitled to an opinion"

Option #1 increases the respect of the Boss, Team, Fans, etc. Option #2 decreases respect across the board, but also generates massive media attention.

All in all, quite an interesting little game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom