Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - strategy RPG from Fantasy General 2 devs

Jinn

Arcane
I think it's time to buy this and throw some support towards these developers. It sounds like they've done a good job, and that first DLC sounds meaty enough to provide a second playthrough when the time comes. Hopefully it's not another studio Embracer soullessly decides to disband. Thanks for the recommendation, guys!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game has more than 2 playthroughs. Every class is worth playing at least once without even considering the different starting locations. Supporting them is a great choice because I think the game has the potential for at least one more DLC. I'd like to see the dark elves as units. I'm meh towards the "normal" elves, but an elf themed DLC that adds both would be pretty cool.

Reality

Learned
I feel like most used alchemist potion was giants drink and my favorite units were big melee with the free retaliate level up.

jungl

Augur
My favorite unit is brutes with frenzy and spell enchantments so they can do 50 melee damage. AI can't win with them in a stack seriously need a human to jump in for the computer cause their damage is already absurd and they kill everything unless focused down.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I feel like most used alchemist potion was giants drink and my favorite units were big melee with the free retaliate level up.
I was doing my standard HoMM tactics with my Alch run which was put in many ranged units and just enough melee to tank for the ranged ones. Alch potions were used in all kinds and shapes depending on the situation.
But the real winner was tower upgrades that let me summon unlimited number of fire beetles and white bears. They would soften up enemy groups until whatever hero was around could beat what was left.
I need to try the latest version of the game, hopefully they patched out need for such stupid tactics..

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ranged units need to be nurtured to do any significant amount of dmg and the AI loooooves to rush them down or teleport right up in their face, so if you are at least attempting an Ironman run ranged units are a challenge to keep alive and do well with.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Enjoying the DLC. The new Demonologist has nice mechanics and flavor. The demon invasions throw a monkey wrench into the world which is nice. The new event where your apprentice gets mind zonked by a demon lord is perhaps a bit too punishing and hard to play around tho. I've read that many just choose to ignore it and eat the loss on the harder difficulties, which isn't what you want balance wise.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Finished the game for the first time. I am curious how long did it take other people here to finish the map? I was done after 31 Weeks with the victory conditions of a lvl 15 hero, getting 5 apprentices, and owning 5 landmarks, on normal difficulty as artificer.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I kinda stopped midway on my 2nd run on Hard with Demonologist. Got 3 apprentice plus hero but my guys barely move or do anything of worth each turn so I got bored. Game lacks better pacing like in HoMM games

Lacrymas

Arcane
If you aren't doing anything with 4 armies for turns on end, you aren't being aggressive enough. It also depends on where you chose to start. The first 2 lands are purposefully relatively uneventful, the first one is marked easy for a reason.

Reality

Learned
First time I finished was 18 weeks, balanced difficulty, alchemist , goldenfields start.

5 landmarks, defeat circle mages, 42 spells

I never went to gillyshire so the last week every battle was 6v7.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom