Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I need someone who is less discerning than The Wall but more discerning than Lord Potato to tell me if this is corrupted by political correctness or not. Thanks in advance!!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I need someone who is less discerning than The Wall but more discerning than Lord Potato to tell me if this is corrupted by political correctness or not. Thanks in advance!!
you can finish the game without talking to people or reading anything on the screens.
Also you can disassemble the space toilet and extract poop inside, what more can one want?

jaekl

Educated
Patron
you can finish the game without talking to people or reading anything on the screens.
Also you can disassemble the space toilet and extract poop inside, what more can one want?
Hmm, when you answer like this, it makes me very worried. Now I don't know who to believe.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
So it's a poop extracting game? A space poop extracting game at that! Why isn't it a meme already is hard to understand.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Hmm, when you answer like this, it makes me very worried. Now I don't know who to believe.
you can immerse yourself as woke feminist and talk with strangers in space about menstruation.
You can also boot vr experience where you fight ninjas, save a babe and bang her.

It a proper role playing experience

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Okay, but if this game pisses me off, I'm holding you lukaszek and Virgil Brummond personally responsible and I will make it my life's mission to cause you anguish at every possible opportunity available to me until I die. And you better hope there's no afterlife.

sayf_allah

Literate
Looks like a decent game, although the art style isn't entirely my favorite and I feel like most games that advertise how the player is not special (and use that sort of language in general) are not my style. Still, doesn't look like a bad game. Will check this out for sure.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I think this is one of the few if not the only "Isometric RPG inspired by Fallout" game that actually managed to create something new instead of copy pasting Fallout. It's a good game without a doubt.
New != good. Just a general autistic statement - not an opinion on the game. I have to play it yet, it is on my list of games to play - but not on the on the one of first places.

New != good. Just a general autistic statement - not an opinion on the game. I have to play it yet, it is on my list of games to play - but not on the on the one of first places.
I should've said "unique", it's not underrail, it's not encased, it's not Colony Ship these three are good rpg, but didn't bring new ideas/themes/tones to the genre in my opinion.

Space Wreck is another animal. Despite its simplicity, in its core it's still an "Isometric RPG inspired by Fallout" - and managed to create something unique.

Think of it like what Disco Elysium did to the original idea that is Planescape Torment.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
So nothing good to an idea that wasn't good to begin with? Wow, that was harsh man.
If it wasn't good it would've been forgotten. But here you are coping saying that it's bad.
Many great things have been forgotten. Many bad things are being remembered for a very long time. The notion that high quality guarantees it or low quality makes it impossible is frankly very silly.

On a side note: I'm not "coping", just shitposting, trying to trigger someone. Successfully. You need to have a formed opinion on something first to make coping possible. I don't have one on DE or SW, I didn't play them. I am simply enjoying the butthurt DE causes though - both from admirers and critics. It seems same happens with Space Wreck now to an extent. Cool.

OTOH I do know that P:T is a very uneven CRPG with some very good elements but overall far from being good. Some share that opinion, some don't. It's either "great" or "meh" (+ a few "not a crpg" thrown-in), rarely something in-between. It is a very divisive game by nature, no need to cope.

Many great things have been forgotten. Many bad things are being remembered for a very long time. The notion that high quality guarantees it or low quality makes it impossible is frankly very silly.
If that is the truth then Many great things have also been remembered. And, many bad things are being forgotten. Not sure what is that oxymoron statement trying to achieve.

Not reading the rest of the post, because it's textbook definition of cope.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
spacewreck did quite well
Hidden Gems.xlsx

This is where things get interesting. The cutoff we use for Top RPGs is going to affect which games show up in the published Hidden Gems list.

For example, we might use the top 70 from Top RPGs, and this would be the top 25 Hidden Gems:
Brigand: Oaxaca
Caves of Lore
Divine Divinity
Dungeon Rats
Albion
Prelude to Darkness
Avernum: Escape from the Pit
Titan Outpost
NEO Scavenger
Blackguards
Colony Ship
Tales of Maj'Eyal
The Dark Heart of Uukrul
Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children
Divinity II
Expeditions: Viking
Fallout Tactics
Expeditions: Conquistador
Space Wreck
Anachronox
Eschalon: Book I
Might and Magic X: Legacy
Risen
Space Rangers 2
Tyranny

Or we might use the top 50 (52 really) Top RPGs, and this would be the top 18 Hidden Gems:
Arx Fatalis
Alpha Protocol
ATOM RPG
Caves of Lore
Wizards & Warriors
Divine Divinity
Dungeon Rats
Albion
Prelude to Darkness
Titan Outpost
NEO Scavenger
Blackguards
Colony Ship
Tales of Maj'Eyal
The Dark Heart of Uukrul

Or we might use the top 60 (62 really) Top RPGs, and this would be the top 15 Hidden Gems:
Caves of Lore
Wizards & Warriors
Divine Divinity
Dungeon Rats
Albion
Prelude to Darkness
Titan Outpost
NEO Scavenger
Blackguards
Colony Ship
Tales of Maj'Eyal
The Dark Heart of Uukrul

I don't think this decision should be entirely mine. I'm interested in different takes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom