Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SoW UI Screenshots

analt

Scholar
Nice screenshots, but the Intimidation description could use some rephrasing.

"Cower" is what the scared person does, not the scary one. (Whether Sarvis will be doing it in 100 years, I leave to another thread...)

It should say something like "the ability to make others cower in submission."

(You could also "cow" people -- and a sly character could "gull" them -- but I'd rather not invite a 12-page debate with KC.) ;)

EDIT: And as long as I'm picking nits, I can see the idea behind the logo, but it looks like stone that has been burned with acid to suggest scars, whereas a real "scar" in stone would be cracks. I wonder if that might not work better, and make the point with more subtlety.

For added emphasis, there's always scorch marks from fire.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
analt said:
(Whether Sarvis will be doing it in 100 years, I leave to another thread...)

:shock: :) :D
Can't... breathe...

Focus: Nice work so far. Keep it old-school.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
@ almondblight : pretty good, assuming I get someone to help with the conversion, since I don't own a Mac. Torque is supposed to be pretty easy to port and I wouldn't ignore potential customers ;)

@ wang : thanks man :)

@ Sheek : Good spotting, yes, I meant "cow". Going through the text and fixing grammar/spelling will be one of the steps down the line, don't worry.

xuerebx

Erudite
I like the screens, except for the main UI one (this one: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/ ... 0002-1.jpg ).

I don't know why, it seems a bit out of place. Maybe because of the size and colour/texture? (especially the health/mana bar). It could also be due to the fact it's not exactly at the bottom of the screen, which sort of gets in the way.

The rest I like.

I know this is an oldish thread but I'm doing some SoW reading-through-threads on New Year's day. Yeah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom