Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

Castanova

Prophet
15 hours doesn't bother me because of the price. It bothers me because that means it's probably a shallow RPG. Not that I expected anything different, honestly.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
15 hours doesn't bother me because of the price. It bothers me because that means it's probably a shallow RPG. Not that I expected anything different, honestly.
I think the fact that's South Park meant it was going to be shallow right from the get-go.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Lerk

Learned
Not sure about the game length. 15 hrs for a $60 rpg sounds like bullshit.
Well, if you don't want to pay monies for a game, you might consider begging, sucking dick or pirating.

if you're begging and sucking dick for video games, you might want to get a life coach or something
That's a big IF you're throwing at me. Might as well be projecting.

Attempts flaming, gets burned with own insult, pisses pants.

On topic: why should I care about this game? South Park hasn't been funny for years and Obsidian..well, yeah. Looking forward to the Hivemind's opinion when it's released.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Picked up my boxed pre-order this afternoon. The girl behind the counter immediately went into a rage about her own console copy being censored. Totally went against the whole South Park idea and all that according to her. Plus she wasI did point out that I had to wait for march the 6th to play this thing. That seemed to soothe her somewhat.

Boxed copy isn't worth it btw. Dvd case, dvd and a small leaflet with a steam code and a short message telling me that there is an ingame manual. It's so insulting it almost becomes funny again. Goddamn, I remember when game manuals had over a 100 pages and they threw in a cloth map.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
u7 was the last game i bought that came with a cloth map.. and a fellowship amulet and some other stuff..

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah they ditched the badass paperwork years ago, sometime after the switch to smaller PC boxes (which, to be fair, really can't fit those oldschool manuals to begin with). Last 'great' manual I got was from Homeworld - it came with a giant manual and a novella-esque book full of backstory and history and all kinds of goodies. A lot of RTS/RPG games had huge manuals and big, cardboard DM-style sheets that had all the units and what not to look at. Even craptastic games like the Braveheart RTS did that. I don't even remember the last time I bought a PC game in an actual store, though. I think it was Civilization 5 at a Gamestop. The guy said I was the only person who preordered it.

Eyeball

Arcane
Picked up my boxed pre-order this afternoon. The girl behind the counter immediately went into a rage about her own console copy being censored. Totally went against the whole South Park idea and all that according to her. Plus she wasI did point out that I had to wait for march the 6th to play this thing. That seemed to soothe her somewhat.

Boxed copy isn't worth it btw. Dvd case, dvd and a small leaflet with a steam code and a short message telling me that there is an ingame manual. It's so insulting it almost becomes funny again. Goddamn, I remember when game manuals had over a 100 pages and they threw in a cloth map.
South Park RPG is a faggotass Cash grab based on a popular franchise that was really funny about a decade ago. How, exactly, can any of this be surprising to you?

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
South_Park_Stick_of_Truth_Censored.JPG

Europe needs more Freedomz.

Eyeball

Arcane
Joy, you get to see the spectacular writing involving a poorly animated cartoon character getting raped in the ass.

In this case, consoles win. Or actually, everybody paying Money for this inexcusable dogshit loses.

zwanzig_zwoelf

So, since Ubisoft keeps its shitty price policy, guess I'll have to wait for a sale.

Not sure about the game length. 15 hrs for a $60 rpg sounds like bullshit.
Well, if you don't want to pay monies for a game, you might consider begging, sucking dick or pirating.

if you're begging and sucking dick for video games, you might want to get a life coach or something
That's a big IF you're throwing at me. Might as well be projecting.

Attempts flaming, gets burned with own insult, pisses pants.
While you attempt to play a smart knight, see witches and black magic insults and flaming everywhere, you don't notice your own blasphemy shitposting.

It's a really good way to go, peasant bro.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Contrary to Pale Basement Virgin Matt MacLean's claims that they weren't making a "push a button and watch something funny happen" game, posters at Something Awful are claiming that it's incredibly easy to break and create a character who can destroy all bosses in just a couple of turns (also health and energy regenerate after every battle so there's no reason not to go all out every time). The producer over there is confirming it and saying it's better to pretend to be bad so you can see all the bosses' funny attacks.

Once again it looks like everyone at Obsidian who isn't Joshua Eric Sawyer is completely worthless when it comes to gameplay, and that includes Tim Cain-and-unable, who also worked on SP's combat. Nathaniel Chapman was all right and Josh-approved but he's gone. :M

Eyeball

Arcane
Don't honestly think anyone was expecting anything different - it's simply using a JRPG frame to support telling a South Park story, not an earnest attempt to make a genuinely good computer role playing game along the lines of Baldur's Gate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom