Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News South Park: The Stick of Truth goes gold, gets 13 minute gameplay video and glowing previews

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I have 0 interest in South Park, so I doubt I'll be getting this, at least not until it's at 'lol whatever, I guess I might try it some day' deep sale price.

Also no way in hell will it be the 'Best Licensed Game', that honor is reserved for Escape from Butcher Bay.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
preordered after those 13minutes.
You people are absolutely pathetic. Why don't you start reporting on mobile "RPGs" too.
you are deriding mobile "rpgs" like the quest, which is a far better and enjoyable rpg than most shit released nowadays on pc, in true retard fashion, judging something not by its actual merits but some superficial qualities like release platform but "we people" are the pathetic ones?
Given that this is a $60 release...
you can get it for 35ish...

Severian Silk

It has potential to be fun. Some things look nice some things not so much. I don't like the fact it looks like that each class has ver specific weapons they can use. And, they should have had more weird 'classesl' like Jew.
Yeah, they should have a 'volourn' class.

Dokkalfar

Drog-kun~
Village Idiot
you are deriding mobile "rpgs" like the quest, which is a far better and enjoyable rpg than most shit released nowadays on pc, in true retard fashion, judging something not by its actual merits but some superficial qualities like release platform but "we people" are the pathetic ones?
You obviously live in a different reality if you think "release platform", including making games run on a pad or with a touch device, doesn't negatively effect the end gameplay. Not to mention that the console and tablet audience is completely different than PC.

But sure, keep mentioning the 1 or 2 blobbers on tablet while ignoring the enormous sea of diarrhea that is the rest of the platform.

preordered after those 13minutes.
Full fucking retard. This shit doesn't even deserve get TPB bandwidth. Game looks like nothing but cheap shovelware made in Flash.

Eyeball

Arcane
So, the most anticipated game of 2014 so far is a JRPG with gameplay built around an overabundance of fart and Jew jokes.

Oh Codex, you Codex, you!

Dokkalfar

Drog-kun~
Village Idiot
64574574.jpg

Eyeball

Arcane
So, the most anticipated game of 2014 so far is a JRPG with gameplay built around an overabundance of fart and Jew jokes.

Has anyone actually said this?
Sort of implied by the multitude of threads with hundreds of post sucking its cock despite it being blatantly obvious that it's a railroaded JRPG.

As for South Park, it has not been funny for about a decade and currently consists of scenes such as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfcdsTPw7jU
OH MY GOD, SUCH WIT!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
But sure, keep mentioning the 1 or 2 blobbers on tablet while ignoring the enormous sea of diarrhea that is the rest of the platform.
'cos the pc is devoid of shovelware and AAA diarrhea. the only difference is that the shit on pc has more special effects applied to it and that it has beena round longer before the times of decline hit everything.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Sort of implied by the multitude of threads with hundreds of post sucking its cock despite it being blatantly obvious that it's a railroaded JRPG.

Pillars of Eternity is gonna come out in 2014, it has a thread that is 1000+ pages long (so a few hundred posts is nothing).

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Drog or not, I don't understand either how this shit can get any attention. Must be just the Obsidian name, I can't explain it otherwise. Feels like Obsidian would be long out of business if it wasn't for the Codex to buy their every abortion.

Of course a lot buy Bethesda's crap too, despite hating them so very hard so eh.

Johannes

Arcane
Drog or not, I don't understand either how this shit can get any attention. Must be just the Obsidian name, I can't explain it otherwise. Feels like Obsidian would be long out of business if it wasn't for the Codex to buy their every abortion.

-It's an RPG
-It's about South Park

So there's a lot of reason for someone to follow this regardless of the obsidian name, of course, if you don't like RPG's or South Park that is understandable.

Of course a lot buy Bethesda's crap too, despite hating them so very hard so eh.
:hero:

(typo edit)

Last edited:

Tormented Seph

Scholar
Full fucking retard. This shit doesn't even deserve get TPB bandwidth. Game looks like nothing but cheap shovelware made in Flash.
Do you think that here, on the Codex, your "looks like nothing but cheap shovelware made in flash" could be a valid argument to win the Persuasion check?
Here?
On the Codex?
Where nobody gives a fuck on "graphicwhorethings" (thanks God) and 2D isometric RPG it's like Anita Blond squirting on our monitor?

Are you serious or simply a Bethesda/Bioware fanbitch? :lol:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh my. People having different opinions about South Park humor. I'm shocked!

I'm sure I'll get this, but most likely not at the full price. I like South Park, but not that much.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Honestly, that review copy thing is a valid concern.

Independent reviewers don't get free copies. You can try to explain and justify it up and down but people like me will always consider it a blow to credibility.

Of course in the end, the Codex's 'opinion' on a game rarely comes from the Codex Review, as we have many members that have different opinions and a view on a game here is only as good as looking at all the various takes on it and, by filtering them through your own value system, distilling what's important to you.

Also, food critics go to a restaurant in secret; they don't get free food. Okay? Okay.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Also, food critics go to a restaurant in secret; they don't get free food. Okay? Okay.
unlike food it's kinda hard and stupid to prepare a special version of a game with better content to be handed out to critics alone while the public get the mundane shitty one...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Feels like Obsidian would be long out of business if it wasn't for the Codex to buy their every abortion.
They would have closed a long time ago if the Codex had the only people buying their games. ~12,000 members = not even enough for Fallout 1 to break even.

Monty

Arcane
And someone named 'user #11975' apparently buys a lot of Sawyer body pillows, posters, blow up dolls and other fan items.

It all adds up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom