Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul vs Soulless in video games

Zlaja

Arcane
Definitely do not agree on Yakuza, though. They aren't particularly deep, but can be wildly entertaining if you're in the mood for their brand of comedy or chaotic combat. It's essentially the gaming equivalent of genuinely tasty fast food

I've only played the remastered version of the first one and I was not that impressed. It wasn't bad, but not great either. I have Like A Dragon in my catalogue, so I'll give that one a try eventually, especially since I've heard it's more like an RPG than the others.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
" OLD GOOD
NEW BAD "

"soul/soulless is not rea—"

gm1jom.jpg
image.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Ah yes
Because less engaging and more railroaded level design, truly is the superior game design choice for a dungeon crawler

:hahano:

KafkaBot

Scholar
Definitely do not agree on Yakuza, though. They aren't particularly deep, but can be wildly entertaining if you're in the mood for their brand of comedy or chaotic combat. It's essentially the gaming equivalent of genuinely tasty fast food

I've only played the remastered version of the first one and I was not that impressed. It wasn't bad, but not great either. I have Like A Dragon in my catalogue, so I'll give that one a try eventually, especially since I've heard it's more like an RPG than the others.
The first Yakuza is the worst of the series by far, even after it was remastered. The best introduction to the series is Yakuza 0, which showcases all of the franchise's best qualities without ever requiring you to understand the plot of another title.

Last edited:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
soul = asians
soulless = whites
Asian "games" are literally gacha mtx infested anime zero-gameplay grindfest slop. How can asians ever have soul?
Outside of the FPS and Stealth sub-genres, pretty much all the best Action games were made by asians.
Could you list these games please?

What percentage of the studios must be Asian to count? Most game assets are farmed out to 3rd party studios in the 3rd world and many Japanese companies are full of gaijin fanboys.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I mean just name an Action sub-genre outside FPS and Stealth, and the Japs alone will most likely have more great games than the West:
- Action-adventure
- Figthing
- Brawlers (hack 'n' slash + beat 'em ups)
- Platformers
- Shoot 'em ups
- Racing (arcade)
- Rhythm

On most of these I have problems seeing where Western devs produced greater games than Eastern devs

3rd party studios in the 3rd world
You do know that China and India are still Asia right?

Last edited:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I mean just name an Action sub-genre outside FPS and Stealth, and the Japs alone will most likely have more great games than the West:
- Action-adventure
- Figthing
- Brawlers (hack 'n' slash + beat 'em ups)
- Platformers
- TPS
- Shoot 'em ups
- Sports
- Racing
- Rhythm

On most of these I have problems seeing where Western devs produced greater games than Eastern devs

3rd party studios in the 3rd world
You do know that China and India are still Asia right?
I want a list. Give me names not vague statements.

India doesn't count as Asian and you know it. Don't pull that street shitter bullshit.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
All Asian games suck. Western games make Asian games look like dog shit.
Didn't say they sucked, I first said they made the best games and then to you further specified that they probably have more great games in those sub-genres than their western counterparts

Very different ethnic groups and you know it.
Europe also has very distinct ethnic groups throughout the continent

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Didn't say they sucked, I first said they made the best games and then to you further specified that they probably have more great games in those sub-genres than their western counterparts
So name some. Doesn't have to be a lot but the genres you spoke about included several that are heavily Western at the top. Japanese racing games outside of Mario Kart are forgotten while Forza dominates the non-kart racing genre.

Weebs are all like "Asian is TEH BEST!" and when you ask them to back it up they just go "Western bad!" It's annoying and shallow. So back it up.
Europe also has very distinct ethnic groups throughout the continent
It does. Which is why we don't say Swiss watches are "European watches". The same way a street shitter is not a gook or a nip.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Japanese racing games outside of Mario Kart are forgotten while Forza dominates the non-kart racing genre.
Forza is a simcade
I should've specified arcade racing games
And I was talking about game quality, not game financial success or popularity

Weebs are all like "Asian is TEH BEST!" and when you ask them to back it up they just go "Western bad!" It's annoying and shallow. So back it up.
Alright
Tell me one western Brawler better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma

I'll wait

Which is why we don't say Swiss watches are "European watches".
It's technically correct
The same way a street shitter is not a gook or a nip.
Still all asian

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Oh wow
I actually thought you were serious there for a moment
Good bait and shitpost on your part
You'll go places newfag
Keep it up :)

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Oh wow
I actually thought you were serious there for a moment
Good bait and shitpost on your part
You'll go places newfag
Keep it up :)
Ninja gaiden isn't a brawler. So yes, that's a superior western game.

Why can weebs never back up their love of asian lady boy cock?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
pjimage-2.jpg

ff7_remake_main_characters_by_tonypalomino_dfj4fo7-fullview.jpg

Even the logo looks soulless

Top - disgusting anime cancer.

Bottom - less disgusting anime cancer. Almost human-like, in fact.

If it weren't final faggotry, I'd file it under "incline".
counterpoint:
top - has nigger that look like niggers - SOUL
bottom - the nigger has been recast as a... uhhh... latinx... or any of those whatever brown ethinicities... to be more politically correct, I guess - SOULLESS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom