Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can you set up hotkeys for commands (like end turn), or is everything on the mouse? Thanks.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Can you set up hotkeys for commands (like end turn), or is everything on the mouse? Thanks.
end turn is the space bar. you can set up quickslot keys in game. or in options, also some folks have mentioned that the black info box gets in the way during battle, use the arrow keys to scroll the screen in any direction.

Last edited:

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Just letting everyone know the sale ended last night, if by chance you want to play the game but really can't afford it send me a pm. but if you can afford it please buy it because it helps me to make the game better.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Just an update: Today I'm uploading The Burning Lands also the minimap, if you experience any bugs with the minimap please let me know. The update will be available on itch I will post here when its ready to be downloaded. I'm still testing it and working out little nitpik things should take a few hours to get it up and going. Thanks

agnlD0.png

4GEsaw.png

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey, are you planning on adding attack animations? The videos looked like there aren't really any. The videos kind of reminded me of Vogel's games but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

This looks interesting but having missed the sale and with the exchange rate in the toilet, I'm holding off. Maybe once things recover a bit though.

Either way, congrats on making something that looks potentially interesting.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Hey, are you planning on adding attack animations? The videos looked like there aren't really any. The videos kind of reminded me of Vogel's games but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

This looks interesting but having missed the sale and with the exchange rate in the toilet, I'm holding off. Maybe once things recover a bit though.

Either way, congrats on making something that looks potentially interesting.
Hey thanks for commenting, yes they have attack animations videos dont do them justice, also im saving up $$ to hire someone who can make better animations and smoother sprites. my skills only carry me so far.
I love Vogel's games been playing them for years, but i perfer his older ones Exile series, i made him a patch a few years ago so people could play the older exile games on windows

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
then some people started making up stuff that was not true.
Did you get #MeToo'd?
Not really sure what happened to tell you the truth it all happened so fast.
What happened?
Well it all started when i got some icons from a guy on fiverr he scammed me and sold me icons that were not made by him, i think he got them from wow's stuff not sure to this day. but my own falte really i should have got them from a trusted source. so people started coming down on me for it. even though i was going to fix it right away but that didnt matter damage was already done. then a guy named ripper or something started telling lies about me saying i was someone i was not and so on. so to make a long story short i just left the group and started a new project. I tried to make it right with people and explain but it didnt work.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Did you get #MeToo'd?
What happened?
Well it all started when i got some icons from a guy on fiverr he scammed me and sold me icons that were not made by him, i think he got them from wow's stuff not sure to this day. but my own falte really i should have got them from a trusted source. so people started coming down on me for it. even though i was going to fix it right away but that didnt matter damage was already done. then a guy named ripper or something started telling lies about me saying i was someone i was not and so on. so to make a long story short i just left the group and started a new project. I tried to make it right with people and explain but it didnt work.

Damn. I'm sorry you went through that. Good thing you knew to get out ASAP and keep working on your project.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Did you get #MeToo'd?
What happened?

Damn. I'm sorry you went through that. Good thing you knew to get out ASAP and keep working on your project.

yes i dont give up i love creating rpgs

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Ok the new package has been uploaded on itch. it adds a lot of stuff like new lands and dungeons. as always please report any bugs so i can fix them.
Also some people were saying they couldnt afford $12.99 so i went ahead and lowered the price to $9.99 because itch frowns on you for running to many sales. anyone that purchased it at $12.99 that wants the refund for $3 let me know ill refund it.
And again thanks for playing.

Lukipaluki

Novice
Ok the new package has been uploaded on itch. it adds a lot of stuff like new lands and dungeons. as always please report any bugs so i can fix them.
Also some people were saying they couldnt afford $12.99 so i went ahead and lowered the price to $9.99 because itch frowns on you for running to many sales. anyone that purchased it at $12.99 that wants the refund for $3 let me know ill refund it.
And again thanks for playing.
Did at least five people buy it for $12.99? If so, I'll have a copy for free (If that makes you feel better) if no one refunds in say, 2 weeks? :)

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am also kind of interested but like others I am going to wait until others test it and report back. Also the history of this developer and stealing other people stuff (unconfirmed what is the real truth) does not make me want to just jump in.

Dyspaire

Cipher
I first saw this at the 'Watch a few days ago. Immediately caught my eye.

It looks like a good attempt at one of the many 'dream' crpgs; passable graphics and overall presentation, well-implemented and well-established turn-based ruleset, modeled along the lines of a module, etc...

Can't wait to play it. I'd wager the reaction you've received so far must be very motivating. Hope you iterate it to the point where you can easily adapt other modules and campaigns with relative ease.

Maybe you'll get there before Realms Beyond.

Godspeed and great work so far from what I can see.

2c

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

It looks like a good attempt at one of the many 'dream' crpgs; passable graphics and overall presentation, well-implemented and well-established turn-based ruleset, modeled along the lines of a module, etc...

Can't wait to play it. I'd wager the reaction you've received so far must be very motivating. Hope you iterate it to the point where you can easily adapt other modules and campaigns with relative ease.

2c
Thank you, so far everyone who has played it has been having fun. i have many plans for this game and im setting myself up to make it easy to implement stuff.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

2c
Thank you, so far everyone who has played it has been having fun. i have many plans for this game and im setting myself up to make it easy to implement stuff.

If you've got a legit game in six months I'll pay $49.95. Good devs shouldn't have to get by on pocket change.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

2c

If you've got a legit game in six months I'll pay $49.95. Good devs shouldn't have to get by on pocket change.

I'd love to get that much, mabey on the next game who knows.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

This is a sweet looking game. I wish some poster had mentioned it to us sooner, but I guess there are no true fans of cRPGs on the Codex anymore.

Oh well.
I thought about putting it on kickstarter to get the funds to polish it, but im afraid it might be to late.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom