Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Songs of Silence (Heroes of Might & Magic like game) - coming to Early Access on May 23rd

Blake00

Learned
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chimeraent/songs-of-silence

Just heard about a game called Songs of Silence (not to be confused with the other recent similarly named HoMM like's Songs of Conquest and Silence of the Siren lol) over in the Master of Magic communities as it's kinda MoM like too however it's definitely more in the HoMM and Age of Wonders direction though but with different kind of tactical battles that swing more in the real time kinda Heroes Hour style. Instead of clicking spell casting or buy unit/building buttons you click on cards and the game features huge amounts of gorgeous fantasy art work in a rather different style to what we usually see. Not sure how I feel about the combat yet but the world map looks nice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Modron

Arcane
Not sure how I feel about the combat yet but the world map looks nice!
Yeah I've been following this for a while, it remains to be seen if the combat pans out but it will have a demo in about 10 days time for the october next fest.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nice to see some new game with actual care taken about the art direction. Competent art, great color choice. Looks good (except the main menu indeed).

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
>cards
spit-ew.gif

Blake00

Learned
Jeez they hit the target fast didn't they.. less than a day. Although it wasn't a huge amount and I don't see stretch goals. So I think they were a bit too conservative and missed a valuable opportunity to earn more money to help the game via either a higher goal or post 100% stretch goals. The fact that they even needed this Kickstarter shows they realised they weren't going to financially survive until game release so there was no need to ask for so little when there's clearly THIS level of goodwill and excitement for their work but oh well... I've seen kickstarters add stretch goals later so maybe they'll do the same when they realise they could have made way more lol.

EDIT: I can see in their roadmap they even mention "fulfill stretch goals" yet I still can't find any on that KS page... weird..

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stretch goals:
✨ Stretch Goal One: €40,000. New Skirmish Heroes! New generals to play with in our PvPvE modes, with their own unique Cards of Fate and playstyles.

✨ Stretch Goal Two: €60,000. Animated intro & epilogue! Fully animated story cinematics to explain the events leading up to our story, and the consequences of your actions!

✨ Stretch Goal Three: €75,000. Two new difficulties! This goal unlocks Story mode for a less challenging, narrative experience, and Warmaster mode for those who want a more punishing challenge.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This seems to be another shit autobattler?!
They just added some HoMM type exploring on top of it..

Johannes

Arcane
Anybody try the demo?

I'm curious what's the turn resolution sequence, is it suitable for multiplayer better than homm or aow games, where you either have to wait and do battles during the opponents turn, skip either battles vs neutrals, or skip battles vs players, or other stuff like that that comes from adding mp as an afterthought to a sp tb game.

Blake00

Learned
Doesn't look like you can control units which is a shame however you have real time spell casting controls in combat. In the second video down on the top post a guy plays a bunch of turns and goes into some battles and you see him casting various nasty spells on the enemy armies heavily influencing how the battles go.

Anybody try the demo?

I'm curious what's the turn resolution sequence, is it suitable for multiplayer better than homm or aow games, where you either have to wait and do battles during the opponents turn, skip either battles vs neutrals, or skip battles vs players, or other stuff like that that comes from adding mp as an afterthought to a sp tb game.
In the second video down on the top post a guy plays a bunch of turns and it seems very HoMM like.

will it flop like songs of conquest?
Songs of Conquest is doing juuuust fine as most small studio/indie niche games on steam don't have nearly 6k very positive reviews while still in early access (hell there's plenty of hyped up big studio games that haven't hit that many lol), and when you consider that only a tiny % of players bother to leave reviews (& that % is even lower on early access as most wait for full release to review) then their total sales are probably already looking pretty good. So if you think a game with very good early access sales & player reviews is a flop then you're definitely going to think Songs of Silence will be a flop lol as I doubt this will do as well as Songs of Conquest.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Doesn't look like you can control units which is a shame however you have real time spell casting controls in combat. In the second video down on the top post a guy plays a bunch of turns and goes into some battles and you see him casting various nasty spells on the enemy armies heavily influencing how the battles go.

Anybody try the demo?

In the second video down on the top post a guy plays a bunch of turns and it seems very HoMM like.

will it flop like songs of conquest?
Songs of Conquest is doing juuuust fine as most small studio/indie niche games on steam don't have nearly 6k very positive reviews while still in early access (hell there's plenty of hyped up big studio games that haven't hit that many lol), and when you consider that only a tiny % of players bother to leave reviews (& that % is even lower on early access as most wait for full release to review) then their total sales are probably already looking pretty good. So if you think a game with very good early access sales & player reviews is a flop then you're definitely going to think Songs of Silence will be a flop lol as I doubt this will do as well as Songs of Conquest.
Yes that is how all these shit autobattler work now, I am avoiding them like a plague. Thanks for confirming this is another cancer game.

ropetight

Savant
Does this game have a real-time combat or it was just a trailery montage in that video?
How they can even declare something with real-time combat and deck-building cards HoMM like?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does this game have a real-time combat or it was just a trailery montage in that video?
How they can even declare something with real-time combat and deck-building cards HoMM like?
Not just real time, it is autobattler combat

motherfucker

Educated
Visual design, game design and the trailer are all incredibly female coded. Song of silence? More like song of women and faggots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom