Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Something special about Gods: Lands of Infinity

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: GODS: Lands of Infinity

According to <a href=http://www.cypron-studios.com/>Cypron Studios</a>, the <b>Special Edition</b> of <a href=http://www.gods-game.com/>Gods: Lands of Infinity</a> is finally <a href=http://www.gods-game.com/article.html?a=162500e1d7bbfe95d0b42013595b4f44>completed</a>. Here are the new features:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
* <u>Starring Kyla Cole as a Lead Heroine</u>
<br>
* Powered by the Latest Build (All Patches Included)
<br>
* Polished Graphics with More Detailed Enviroment
<br>
* Brand New Main Menu and Graphic User Interface
<br>
* Smoother Animation
<br>
* Expanded Alchemy
<br>
* Brand New Game Soundtrack and Gods OST CD
<br>
* Boosted Sound Effects
<br>
* Bonus Weapons and Armours
<br>
* <u>Gods Kyla Cole 2007 Calendar</u>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Might as well just call it the 'T&A Edition'.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/">RPG Watch</A>

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Has anyone here even played this game? It seems to be more console-ish but is it even worth playing when the price falls?

cutterjohn

Cipher
I haven't, but I asked about it right after I joined several months ago...

What I found:
Combat is like your typical jRPG of yore, TB & static
Alchemy was partially broken and small repertoire
Magic ONLY usable in combat
The game itself was very short.

I'm guessing that they're more likely to hike the price now($29.99 @ totalgaming w/o membership or 3 tokens IIRC, w/apparently only option is IIRC $70 for 10 tokens, and most of their other stuff is crap.) I suspect that the gae is worth, at most, c. $20 if that. Probably $15 or less would be better, but since it looks like they're shooting for retail with box, soundtrack, and calendar plus other stuff I'm betting they try to go to at least $40. [EDIT]After all that POS MKA was going for $50 forever...[/EDIT]

And here is Kyla Cole. I'm sure there are btter shots of her, but I can't be bothered to find any others ATM.

txa1265

Novice
cutterjohn said:
[EDIT]After all that POS MKA was going for $50 forever...[/EDIT]

I was in Best Buy last Friday and guess what? That POS MKA is *STILL* going for $50!

Dreagon

Scholar
FrancoTAU said:
Has anyone here even played this game? It seems to be more console-ish but is it even worth playing when the price falls?

My wife downloaded it and played it through. It's first person view except when you are in combat, then it goes to third person for turn based combat.

Anyway, my wife said it was worth what she paid for it.....which is sort of an offhand complement from her. Although it ended in a way that obviously means they intend a sequel.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
I've wondered for years who the model was in those pictures in the Labria mod for Morrowind. Now I've got wanking material for life - thanks Role-Player!

LordRikerQ

Novice
does anyone know when this will be out? I've played the demo and i actually like this game but if im going to buy it, i'd rather get this updated Special Edition.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Looks odd ...worth a try maybe..hmmm *downloads demo*

LordRikerQ

Novice
No one knows where this can be bought? The game is surprisingly very fun, try the demo i just wish i could find someplace selling this.

txa1265

Novice
LordRikerQ said:
No one knows where this can be bought? The game is surprisingly very fun, try the demo i just wish i could find someplace selling this.

Right now I think it is just through TotalGaming.net - I don't know when the SE will become available though.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I've played demo for this (it's in stores in Poland for about $10, in Polish) and deleted it in utter disgust.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
SlavemasterT said:
I've wondered for years who the model was in those pictures in the Labria mod for Morrowind. Now I've got wanking material for life - thanks Role-Player!

That mod was hilariously ridiculous.

I don't think I ever actually got it working properly, but I did dive into some of the associated files and found all sorts of interesting things.

LordRikerQ

Novice
I think this will probaly most appeal to americans, for some strange reason all my friends are loving this demo and unfortunatly looking to me to find out where this can be bought. Hopefully soon more info will be released.

OsirisGod

Liturgist
This game is quite fun i will give it that, but in no way i can call it a good RPG, but at least it was more fun then Oblivion.

One Wolf

Scholar
txa1265 said:
I was in Best Buy last Friday and guess what? That POS MKA is *STILL* going for $50!

what's up mike? how are the kids?

played the gods demo, wasn't terribly impressed. or rather, it didn't seem excellent, and i have little patience for mediocrity these days.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Dumgeon Lords Collector's Edition is still at full price at Best Buy. I was bargain bin hunting for it since I wanted to see how bad it was and it was going for $40

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Elwro said:
I've played demo for this (it's in stores in Poland for about $10, in Polish) and deleted it in utter disgust.

I played the demo and didn't like it.

Hower I bought the game (original version) and it was quite fun to play after the first patch.

If you don't have a problem with strict linearity, phase-based combat, optional bloom and uneven voice overs you can really enjoy it for what it is.

But I feel a little screwd, because it seems that they won't release an update for the old version and I seriously doubt that they will get a retailer here in Germany because the game was thrashed by the mainstream press.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom