Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Some S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod questions (ZRP, SRP, Complete)?

Ok, guys seeing the new glorius Lost Alpha footage and in preparation for ITZ coming I feel the urge to replay all 3 stalker games, so the question is are the ZRP (zone reclamation project) and SRP (sky reclamation project still alive)? Also is there a similar project for Call of Pripyat? Or is it not needed because it's not buggy vanilla? Because recently I browsed the codex and I saw 2010 posts about them, I didn't even know these are unnoficial patches for stalkers... But I can't find latest versions and I don't even know which are the latest versions and if they are now maybe obsolete... I see that maybe these Stalker Complete mods can be perhaps a decent successors, but I'd rather just play vanilla games with bugfixes that don't change much. So stalkers please help.

The website seems dead? www.metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html

As I don't want gameplay changes is it better to use ZRP and SRP or Stalker Complete mods??

Also if the "official" mod site is dead where can I find latest versions of ZRP and SRP?

DraQ

Arcane
ZRP and SRP are very conservative in terms of changes and will not significantly alter the gameplay. They will improve it and unlock some code that's already in place, for example NPC anomaly avoidance in SoC, so that NPCs don't die stupid (unless they run into an anomaly in combat, that is).

Due to its simplicity ZRP is also very good in terms of compatibility, all I had to do to make it work perfectly correctly with my Polish version was changing some string ids and translating one extra dialogue.

ZRP and SRP also add free roaming mode.

I don't know about their status as of now.

ZRP and SRP are very conservative in terms of changes and will not significantly alter the gameplay. They will improve it and unlock some code that's already in place, for example NPC anomaly avoidance in SoC, so that NPCs don't die stupid (unless they run into an anomaly in combat, that is).

Due to its simplicity ZRP is also very good in terms of compatibility, all I had to do to make it work perfectly correctly with my Polish version was changing some string ids and translating one extra dialogue.

ZRP and SRP also add free roaming mode.

I don't know about their status as of now.

Ok, thx bro. I see from some of your posts that you're quite a stalker fan, so what do you prefer to play staker games with? Complete, ZRP, or really vanilla? Does Complete alter the enviroments and locations too much to stay true to the original because Pavel Artist allowed himself perhaps too much artistic freedom? For example: some really good Morrowind mods improve Morrowind graphics but it just isn't morrowind anymore, looks like it's from another game... The atmosphere, graphic style, all gone... I hope now you understand what I want to say... If it does not and it only makes textures form the game hi-res and such than I think maybe Complete is for the best minimally-altered stalker experience?

Also could someone please go to www.metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html and download the files there and upload them somewhere else, because I can't opet it no matter what, and I read that the site refuses connections from some ISPs or something like that... But for some people it works perfectly. The file shoudn't be large. Only maybe around 10 mb.

DraQ

Arcane
I play localized version of the game which limits my choice of mods, plus I'm quite a purist, so I won't really rate the alternatives, but ZRP is effectively vanilla because it usually either corrects bizarre behaviour (like seasoned stalkers walking obliviously into anomalies or constantly repeating quests) and bugs, improves interface (the way weapon stats are displayed, for example), or alters the game past the ending.

It's also rather configurable, allowing you to enable or disable additional features, like being able to make that mechanic at freedom base repair your gear.

I play localized version of the game which limits my choice of mods, plus I'm quite a purist, so I won't really rate the alternatives, but ZRP is effectively vanilla because it usually either corrects bizarre behaviour (like seasoned stalkers walking obliviously into anomalies or constantly repeating quests) and bugs, improves interface (the way weapon stats are displayed, for example), or alters the game past the ending.

It's also rather configurable, allowing you to enable or disable additional features, like being able to make that mechanic at freedom base repair your gear.

Well then can you load www.metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html and upload the file please? Or give me alternative link for download of latest ZRP and SRP? There is even PRP (for call of pripyat, although it's beta I think...)..

Also if someone else then would comment on complete mods:
Does Complete alter the enviroments and locations too much to stay true to the original because Pavel Artist allowed himself perhaps too much artistic freedom? For example: some really good Morrowind mods improve Morrowind graphics but it just isn't morrowind anymore, looks like it's from another game... The atmosphere, graphic style, all gone... I hope now you understand what I want to say... If it does not and it only makes textures form the game hi-res and such than I think maybe Complete is for the best minimally-altered stalker experience?

Gord

Arcane
As far as visuals go, Complete stays pretty close to the original style, imho.
Although admittedly I've only played CoP Complete.

pipka

Savant

Well thanks pipka, some very valuable links here. Unfortunatley I can't download ZRP here either. Guess if someone doesn't provide an alternate link, I'll have to go with Complete... :cry:

http://jumbofiles.com/puemst2zx800

It has ZRP 1.7 + some other mods/fixes.

Well thanks pipka, some very valuable links here. Unfortunatley I can't download ZRP here either. Guess if someone doesn't provide an alternate link, I'll have to go with Complete... :cry:

http://jumbofiles.com/puemst2zx800

It has ZRP 1.7 + some other mods/fixes.

Whoa, thx man. Do you know where I can download latest SRP or Sky Reclamation Project - the same as ZRP, but for Clear Sky. Or at least what the latest version of it is? So ZRPs latest version is 1.7? Or do you know the best forum for such information? I mean the best s.t.a.l.k.e.r. series forum?

pipka

Savant
Whoa, thx man. Do you know where I can download latest SRP or Sky Reclamation Project - the same as ZRP, but for Clear Sky. Or at least what the latest version of it is? So ZRPs latest version is 1.7? Or do you know the best forum for such information? I mean the best s.t.a.l.k.e.r. series forum?

For SRP + some other starter mods: http://jumbofiles.com/lh6uylrnq5qs

Is ZRP 1.7 the latest? I have no idea. Supposedly, yes. Because the mods for STALKER games are not updated very often and the official page is dead.

There is no best STALKER forum. The official one is still pretty active and the biggest one imo: http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums

And if you have some quick question, there is always a long and old thread at 4chan's /v/. For quick lookup, search it here: http://catalog.neet.tv/v/

For SRP + some other starter mods: http://jumbofiles.com/lh6uylrnq5qs

Is ZRP 1.7 the latest? I have no idea. Supposedly, yes. Because the mods for STALKER games are not updated very often and the official page is dead.

There is no best STALKER forum. The official one is still pretty active and the biggest one imo: http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums

And if you have some quick question, there is always a long and old thread at 4chan's /v/. For quick lookup, search it here: http://catalog.neet.tv/v/

Thx man you have been a great help, just one more question. Do you have a link, for PRP or Pripyat Restoration project? Official project site or something like that if it is still not "out" where I can monitor its progress and eventually download it?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. marathon is about to unfold. :salute:

If you want purity definitely go for ZRP. I would still recommend Complete for replays though. It remains quite true to the original and the improvements are almost entirely for the better. As far as altering the art style goes Complete is extremely good at staying true to the source material IMO.

DraQ

Arcane
Well, I for one am quite a purist. I'd actually avoid mods restoring certain outtakes, such as zombies, because the way they were they didn't mesh well with the Zone and didn't help atmosphere so I can see why they were cut. Hell, I wasn't happy with burers getting officially restored in CoP, because while they have cool abilities, the somehow don't look freaky enough and end up as pretty lame monsters all in all (plus their TK shield is cheap and while it makes combat longer, it doesn't make it harder).

OTOH chimeras are really cool and formidable.

pipka

Savant
Thx man you have been a great help, just one more question. Do you have a link, for PRP or Pripyat Restoration project? Official project site or something like that if it is still not "out" where I can monitor its progress and eventually download it?

There is no PRP. Actually there is, but it's unreleased, abandoned since august 2011 and links to beta are dead lol. Look it up at GSC if you want to learn more.

For CoP, I advise you to try starter pack, made in the same vein as other two(posted earlier). Great for first-timers and general public not interested in drastic modifications. Linkus: http://jumbofiles.com/whrkhqqfmo1u

There is no PRP. Actually there is, but it's unreleased, abandoned since august 2011 and links to beta are dead lol. Look it up at GSC if you want to learn more.

For CoP, I advise you to try starter pack, made in the same vein as other two(posted earlier). Great for first-timers and general public not interested in drastic modifications. Linkus: http://jumbofiles.com/whrkhqqfmo1u

Man, thank you, you're a real bro! Can't wait Lost Alpha though... Guess this will entertain me plenty until then! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom