Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Solid argument against turn-based combat

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok, he is 15 and started gaming at 3.

12 years are made of 105.120 hours, or 4380 days.

He claims having played "hundreds of thousands" of titles.

Since he says "hundredS" (plural), it is safe to assume it is AT LEAST 2 hundreds. So this guy played 200.000 games in the last 12 years. At an approximative average of 2 games per hours, and that is 24/7/365. Including when he was 3-4-5 years old.

All bow to the god of gaming.

Jools said:
Ok, he is 15 and started gaming at 3.

12 years are made of 105.120 hours, or 4380 days.

He claims having played "hundreds of thousands" of titles.

Since he says "hundredS" (plural), it is safe to assume it is AT LEAST 2 hundreds. So this guy played 200.000 games in the last 12 years. At an approximative average of 2 games per hours, and that is 24/7/365. Including when he was 3-4-5 years old.

All bow to the god of gaming.

2211824628_1d08afd865.jpg

I see no other alternative.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
racofer said:
Jools said:
All disembowel to the god of gaming.

Fixed.

I wish, I wish. I wish I met this ga(y)mer in some dark street in Swansea, one day...

But it won't happen, if he goes out his ratio will drop, and he must keep up the 2-games-per-hour thing!

At least, such a cunt is pretty much guaranteed never to marry or reproduce (no time for getting a gf, getting laid, getting married... the ratio, remember? the ratio is all!), therefore his genes will die with him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom