Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister or Baldur's Gate 3

I would recommend

• BG3

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Solasta

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters
I have bad news for you, OP. Both of these games are shit.

One is so bad, literally the only thing anyone can mention about it is bear sex.

And the other, well, King Crispy likes it. Enough said.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Well excuse me for preferring a D&D-focused, turn-based, classical-style, hand-crafted true computer roleplaying game vs. what you apparently prefer, running around some children's fantasy landscape as Link.

Self-Ejected
maxresdefault.jpg

:prosper:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Honestly, I think Solasta would have been better if they kept the zoomed out camera at all times and allowed custom JPG portraits for characters, some of the close-ups are unnecessarily awful.

Mechanically it's good, though. Flight, Levitation and Spider Climb are implemented in a superior fashion to the way BG3 deals with flight and jumping.

The campaign in both games is pretty threadbare toward the end, but Solasta doesn't shit on any established lore to get there (unlike the way WOTC shat on BG 1 & 2 with their material which BG3 is based upon).

Overall, I enjoyed both games to an extent, BG3 is a Marvel Blockbuster while Solasta is like a guilty pleasure TV series that you know your friends won't want to watch.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Honestly, I think Solasta would have been better if they kept the zoomed out camera at all times and allowed custom JPG portraits for characters, some of the close-ups are unnecessarily awful.
Agreed. I would add that with the mod, custom portraits can be used and there are no cutscenes and close-ups in user made campaigns. So it can be played like that now, minus the voice overs and without the verticality that official campaign maps provide.

jf8350143

Liturgist
If you just want play the campaign made by the devs, unless you only want to play 5e combat(why?), I would recommand BG 3 even though it's overrated as fuck.

But solasta has bunch of fan made content and some of them are actually fairly decent. And if you want you can even create your own campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom