Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So.....Purgatorio

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Any news about the game? It looked to promising to be dead. When its coming out?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Well, it's going to be a big big game. As in, the first chapter will be 4 GBs worth. That's almost as much as NWN2 itself. I am hoping the game files could be divided into parts, just to make the whole thing easier. I can't download 4 gigs in a single stretch.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Has there been any word or updates from the developers after that one trailer...?

Starwars

Arcane
A few of the devs come to the NWN2 irc channel and they're still working on it. As I understand it, the team has gotten smaller as most people don't have the time to devote so much time to working on a free mod but they are determined to bring it out.

Last I heard they were still aiming to try and finish it fairly close to SoZ but I'm not sure how any betatests will work though.

So no solid release date but they're working on it.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Wyrmlord said:
Well, it's going to be a big big game. As in, the first chapter will be 4 GBs worth. That's almost as much as NWN2 itself. I am hoping the game files could be divided into parts, just to make the whole thing easier. I can't download 4 gigs in a single stretch.

Hopefully someone will make a torrent out of it, should make things easier for everyone.

I'm looking forward to it. Didn't care much for NWN2, besides the stronghold, liked MotB a lot and have hopes for SoZ so maybe some good will come out of getting a game that my PoS system is actually too shitty to run properly.

Deleted member 7219

Does anyone know of a really good mod that was ever finished?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
For NWN yes, for NWN2... not really.

Bishop's romance currently occupies the highest rank on NWVault, though! That means it must be fantastically, brilliantly good, right?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
For NWN yes, for NWN2... not really.

Bishop's romance currently occupies the highest rank on NWVault, though! That means it must be fantastically, brilliantly good, right?

just like other things that get 10/10 ratings because they are good.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
There's a team still working on it -- progress progresses. I am of limited use to the team since working at Obsidian.

I have faith in the current team, but if they don't get it over the finish line I'll pick it back up with some help from some fellow game devs and we'll make sure it gets done eventually.

NWN2's got plenty of legs left in it.

xantrius

Liturgist
MLMarkland said:
There's a team still working on it -- progress progresses. I am of limited use to the team since working at Obsidian.

I have faith in the current team, but if they don't get it over the finish line I'll pick it back up with some help from some fellow game devs and we'll make sure it gets done eventually.

:HonourBlade:

DarkenRahl

Novice
MLMarkland said:

Absolutly fantastic, gotta love obsidians attitude to games.

Keep on making them :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom