Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I've played Crysis...

MapMan

Arcane
I lost all respect to racofer after this review.

BTW: I didn't know there were 3 gears of wars games already. Ithought they're making a second one now.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Crysis is a techdemo literally. Racofer seems surprised.

Vibalist said:
Play on hardest difficulty or shut the hell up.

"hardest difficulty" in Crysis' case means "lesser damage from the player/more damage from enemies". By making a chore longer it will totally make it good.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
It effects some other things. Aside from the Koreans speaking Korean, you can no longer fire a vehicles weapons while driving it -- you have to stop and actually mount the gun to fire -- and the radar works a bit differently, so you have to spot enemies with your binoculars before they'll be tracked on the radar.

Vibalist

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Crysis is a techdemo literally. Racofer seems surprised.

Vibalist said:
Play on hardest difficulty or shut the hell up.

"hardest difficulty" in Crysis' case means "lesser damage from the player/more damage from enemies". By making a chore longer it will totally make it good.

Making enemies do more damage with their weapons forced you to play differently as you couldn't just charge into a camp and take them all out. You had to use your different skills, such as speed and invisibility in order to handle the encounters. So no, the "chore" wasn't simply prolonged, it was changed.

And the AI also improved on harder difficulties, as far as I remember.

MapMan

Arcane
haters-gonna-hate.gif

MetalCraze

Arcane
Vibalist said:
Making enemies do more damage with their weapons forced you to play differently as you couldn't just charge into a camp and take them all out. You had to use your different skills, such as speed and invisibility in order to handle the encounters. So no, the "chore" wasn't simply prolonged, it was changed.
Actually it was prolonged because of that cheap way to increase difficulty - you had to spend more time on Crysis' pretty primitive combat. It was basically "become invisible, headshot first enemy, kill whoever you can afterwards, become invisible again to regen and move a bit, repeat" - you just had to do this more often. All of these legitimate suit cheats and regen made it lack dynamics hard - it wasn't about proceeding carefully (because nobody could see you and you could just autoheal at any time) and it wasn't about running around like you were on fire (because everything's too slow).

And the AI also improved on harder difficulties, as far as I remember.
Well at least AI never gave me an impression that it was suicidal - they were using cover and not just standing in one place getting stuffed by bullets so that's a plus. Doesn't save the gameplay though.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Never played the original, but I torrented Warhead when I got my new computer (mainly to see how it coped). Wouldn't pay anything for it, and it was about three hours long, but it was pretty fun and thankfully didn't have much alien presence. It was at its best in the one or two open maps where you could basically just fuck around with augmentations and play predator. Completely lacked challenge, but it was a fun novelty.

DefJam101

Arcane
Skyway is (semi-)right here. Delta does not "increase the usefulness" of stealth or speed nanosuit modes, it makes them the only viable modes while horribly nerfing strength and armor. In short, it turns the game into a crawl.

Unless you want to snipe everyone in the game; even then you sometimes need to run away from Koreans firing ak47s at you with perfect accuracy at 300 meters while sprinting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom