Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I reinstalled ToEE and updated Co8

roll-a-die

Magister
Built a new party and found to my displeasure, my Wizard can now somehow fire FIVE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN(511) MAGIC MISSLES AT LEVEL 1. I do not think this is normal, with my int(20), I think the max is 2 at level 1. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

roll-a-die

Magister
Kay cracked it, built a new Party, still have the same bug.

EXE weighs in at 32 kb's.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
roll-a-die said:
my Wizard can now somehow fire FIVE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN(511) MAGIC MISSLES AT LEVEL 1. I do not think this is normal
:lol:

While we're at it, I also re-installed ToEE and the latest Co8 beta a week ago and almost finished it. I had no problems and it was probably my most stable playthrough yet (not a single CTD :shock: ). The new content is pretty good except the "super hero" slavers fight. The "skip Homlet and still get to level 2" option alone makes it worth a try for ToEE veterans.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
In before Andhaira posting "Don't install Co8, it has Cloud's sword".

Squirly

Educated
I've had the same issue since... forever. I'm not sure which crack I'm using because I also have the looting problem. Which is FUCKING ANNOYING!

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Kosmonaut said:
In before Andhaira posting "Don't install Co8, it has Cloud's sword".
Avoid like the plague.

I didn't even see it this time. I'm not sure it's there anymore, but I don't check each and every weapon for sale so I could be wrong. The weeaboo items sold by that dude in Nulb (who doesn't have a mogwaĂŻ :roll: ) are a bit over the top though.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
especially since there are no weapon focus feats for that shit, but you know what this dude (and also the dude in Hommlet) doesn't have? A masterwork shortbow for my halfling rogue. That's apparently too much to ask for.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
AZN weapons are fine in a trading hub town not in shitholes. But whatever, its a game where evil lurks in a TOWER OF DOOM (tm). I generally approve of adding lots of weapons, even just for flavor (esp polearms, they are so underepresented sadly).

But adding bugs is meh.

Nickless

Educated
1 magic missile at first level plus one for every two levels, up to five missiles. Press space when you reach your limit. I lived with that problem for a while, before reinstalling and starting again.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nickless said:
1 magic missile at first level plus one for every two levels, up to five missiles. Press space when you reach your limit. I lived with that problem for a while, before reinstalling and starting again.

Yeah, well, no one forces anyone to abuse the bugs. But it still would be nice to have them fixed.

Nickless

Educated
It crashed on me when I exceeded the limit. Strange that it works differently for others.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Enjoy the new epoch. New Vegas will be the same if any exe mod comes out.

Nael

Arcane
Jaesun said:
So basically, CO8 only supports cracked versions of ToEE?

It works with the GOG version but I guess that sorta counts as a "cracked version" too, huh?

Melcar

Arcane
Shit man, I need to play this thing again. I have the new Co8 just sitting there but I'm too lazy to go through that shit again. Is the new content so bitching that another playthrough is in order?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Melcar said:
Is the new content so bitching that another playthrough is in order?
I wouldn't go that far. But making Homlet skippable is a big plus since replaying Homlet was what often kept me from starting yet another game. Of course you could already skip it, but you wouldn't get that first level.
Anyway, that's what I liked the most but some of the new content is very enjoyable. "Hickory Branch" is a very nice add : new and quite large area, new ennemies, lots of tough fights. The "moathouse respawn" also adds some good fights and finally Verbobonc is a huge city map (quite empty at the moment) with some interesting quests (the main one, centered on the drows, is rather meh though).
It doesn't add enough content to justify another playthrough by itself, but if you'd like to replay ToEE but are not really decided, it should tip the balance in favour of doing it.

dolio

Scholar
Jaesun said:
So basically, CO8 only supports cracked versions of ToEE?
No, my $10, 2cd jewel case version works fine with it.

VentilatorOfDoom said:
especially since there are no weapon focus feats for that shit, but you know what this dude (and also the dude in Hommlet) doesn't have? A masterwork shortbow for my halfling rogue. That's apparently too much to ask for.
There's a guy who sells masterwork bows after you clear out the deklo grove. The cabinet maker or something.

I'm pretty sure there's masterwork versions of just about everything for sale somewhere in the game.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I got the latest Co8 as well but it doesn't work with my 2-CD version. Complains about "insert PLAY disc" when I try to start the game. Of course, I have it inserted.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
GarfunkeL said:
Complains about "insert PLAY disc" when I try to start the game. Of course, I have it inserted.
Where exactly ?

EDIT : Just finished the game, all went smoothly. I wish someone would mod out these stupid respawning non-hostile dire rats in the moathouse though, they annoy me to no end.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
All the cracks I can find are 33kb and have identical date. Lovely, so now I can choose between "Insert PLAY disc" or Co8.dll not actually working. IT USED TO WORK!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom