Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, I got GTA4 actually playable, but...

Suchy

Arcane
commie said:
Luzur said:
why they didnt make GTA 4 like Vice City is beyond me.

we need more 80's in our games.

And 70's. Enough satire and cool/cheese factor material in these decades for many games.
Interstate '76 and the first Driver did it good. A pity it's only these two games.

relootz

Scholar
Suchy what about the fact that you had to sign in to several services when installing, is that all fixed?

Can u just install, apply crack and play?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I don't know shit about cracking, but yeah you have to sign in to Rockstar Social Club and Windows Live when you want to play. Sucks, but at least it's quick and easy enough (at least for me). Fallout 3 also started having this Windows Live thing apparently.

Suchy

Arcane
Apply the crack, block that RSC shit with a firewall and use WL offline account. The launcher will nag you to sign in to RSC, just ignore it. Razor's crack works this way.

But back to topic, does anyone have an idea how to properly emulate a pad with a joystick? Any software worth looking at?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
relootz said:
Suchy what about the fact that you had to sign in to several services when installing, is that all fixed?

Can u just install, apply crack and play?

Well the latest patch stops the requirement for Rockstar Social Club and all that other shit. It even uninstalls the Social Club if you want. The newest crack then works fine. Problem is that you STILL have to go through all that crap at least once to install in the first place.

Multi-headed Cow

DriacKin said:
So... has anyone gotten Saint's Row 2 to a playable level yet?
Somewhat playable. Look on the Saints Row 2 Steam forum. There's a mod that lets you adjust the game speed if you're getting the "Game running too fast" bug. If you're getting the stuttering bug you still will, but it's slightly less annoying if the game's running at proper speed.

Andyman Messiah said:
I don't know shit about cracking, but yeah you have to sign in to Rockstar Social Club and Windows Live when you want to play.

Newer patches remove RSC for single player, it is only required for mp.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Multidirectional said:
Andyman Messiah said:
I don't know shit about cracking, but yeah you have to sign in to Rockstar Social Club and Windows Live when you want to play.

Newer patches remove RSC for single player, it is only required for mp.
The login still shows up though.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
ghostdog said:
Are the hideous shadows fixed with these patches ?

Not that I noticed, although my PC is pretty lame for it, so maybe there is a noticeable difference if you have a super PC. I turn them off for the performance benefit and it's lucky they look like shit so it doesn't matter that they are gone.

commie said:
ghostdog said:
Are the hideous shadows fixed with these patches ?

Not that I noticed, although my PC is pretty lame for it, so maybe there is a noticeable difference if you have a super PC. I turn them off for the performance benefit and it's lucky they look like shit so it doesn't matter that they are gone.

Shadows are improved in latest patches, but I keep them turned off too, they are too heavy on performance.

Some guy here has a journalist's quote on his sig. Something about how the cover system in ME2 "doesn't work" because enemies "ignore it" and rush to your position, killing you while you're crouching.

Pretty much what I did in GTA4. It's only popamole if you want it to. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom