Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

so I bought an ex-bawks thwee fiddy

Sorry.

But damage is done, so I can either auction the 5 bargain bin games and the 360 elite for maybe $200 if I can find someone stupid enough to be ripped off, or I can ask the codex about any good xbox games. PC is still #1 for me so that means I only want games that are exclusive to console. I already have the means to use controllers with driving/flying with PC games so it's all good.

deuxhero

Arcane
Ai, between a PS3 and PC, the only thing you miss are some MS funded JRPGs and console shooters.

Uh, as for games, 360 has Way of the Samurai 3.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Enslaved was alright. Standard modern Action-Adventure fare, but with great voice acting and animations, good music and good visuals. The part where you have to repair a windmill is chill as fuck, hanging from the blades with a clear blue sky in the background and really relaxing music.

Also, the Armored Core series is supposed to be quite good if you're into mechas. Highly customizable and supposedly with a nice difficulty.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well look at it from the other side. You've been playing shitty X360 games on PC anyway and now you are able to play them without antialiasing, anisotropic filtering, high resolutions, good framerates, good controls, dedicated servers and mod support on your X360, getting an authentic console experience.

You should've killed yourself years ago though.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Some fun action games:

Earth Defense Force 2017
One of the recent Armored Core games
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
Look around in XBLA for some gems, Symphony of the Night and Shadow Complex are pretty cool. There's probably more in there I've forgotten about.

Uuuuuuh, let's see...Saints Row 2 is great. I heard Resonance of Fate is good. I liked what I played of Enchanted Arms. Halo 3 has a fun enough singleplayer, and the multiplayer is still very active too.

edit: Oh yeah. seconding Ninja Gaiden 2, Red Dead Redemption. GTA IV + 2 DLCs is nice too, mostly for Ballad of Gay Tony. You could buy a standalone disc with the DLCs only, but you can now get all three cheap so may as well go for it.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
2u6phmp.png

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
I have an XBox360 and a PS3, I rarely play them.

Yep, me too (and a wii :oops:) and they're all mostly dust collectors, though I do occasionally fire them up for their respective decent exclusives. In my defense - they are all modded, so at least I don't have to pay to be bored to death.

On the 360, Ninja Gaiden 2 - not as good as NGB on the XB1 but still totally worthwhile.

Also, one of the best reasons to own a console is the sometimes very good/excellent arcade and indie games released on their respective online services.

EDIT: Ok, should have read the whole thread - my post is totally redundant :(

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Twisted Shadow Planet is a fun arcade metriod like with awesome art. Get the trial and see if you dig it.

Castle Crashers is an awesome homage to Golden Axe and one of the most fun hack and slashers I ever played.

Alien Hominid is rabid little shoot 'em up a la Contra. Only with a little alien that eats faces.

Conan is a severely underrated fighting game. It's good clean gore splattered fun.

Red Dead Redemption is a must have.

Brutal Legend is an over the top nod to heavy metal culture and another fine Tim Schafer game.

Stacking is another great little game by Double Fine.

EA MMA and UFC 2010 are the two MMA games worth playing. EA's more arcadey and UFC's more
technical. Neither are perfect both they are both fun in their own way.

Bayonetta is frankly rather ridiculous. In a good way. Mileage may vary so try the demo.

Fable 2 is an rpg-lite which I greatly enjoyed. If you enjoyed the original you'll like this. Otherwise don't bother.

The Halo games are much better games than I initially gave them credit for. If you like Space Opera and shooters this might be something for you.

Gears of War 2 is actually pretty damn good fun in multiplayer. SP is not too shabby either.

Ace Combat is the xbox title of the long running arcade flight 'sims' series. Which is long running because the games are pretty damn fun.

Are all x-box originals compatible with 360?

Ed123 said:
Between PC and 360 versions of games, I pretty much always go for the 360 version except in special circumstances (modding, originally designed for PC etc.), since there's a much higher risk of shitty performance, glitches, fucked up controls and other assorted faggotry on PC ports.

I assure you that whatever inconveniences the PC version has is worth enduring because I'm required to pay the living in Australia tax which generally puts retail at least a good 40% higher than what the Americans pay for new release console games. Prices are a bit better if I order the UK versions from online stores, but even then they're always at least $10 more expensive because Microsoft are bitches

laclongquan said:
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

:yeah:

It's the only reason I would contemplate an XBOX360.

I've already experienced the superior hands free streaming version of it. Can't run the risk of people seeing it in my possession.

Skyway, do you have any idea how much of a broken record you've become?

hanssolo

Educated
why not just wait another 5 years for an emulator? console multiplayer is shit anyway.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
hanssolo said:
why not just wait another 5 years for an emulator? console multiplayer is shit anyway.
Because 5 years is a loooooooong time.

MapMan

Arcane
Hey man, good choice. Heres a list of exclusives you definately should get:

xemous

Arcane
i have a 360 with 1 game only, red dead redemption. it's worth getting a 360 for i liked it that much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom