Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, fallout 3

Will you buy fallout 3?

• yes, pc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, console

• torrent

• won't touch

• Total voters

Zlaja

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
56% of the Codex will play Fallout 3.

That's a lot of plane tickets.

quasimodo

Augur
Before I decide I want to read a review written by someone who:

1) Played and liked the original games.

2) Does not write for a console mag.

3) Did not slobber all over Oblivion.

4) Does not have to worry about maintaining a business relationship with Bethesda.

That right....I'm waiting for VD's review.

From what I've seen so far I doubt I'll touch the game with a ten foot pole.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Torrent.

About ten years ago, when I played FO2 for the first time, it was difficult to find and buy games in my country, not to mention I couldn't afford it at the time. I promised myself that if FO3 is ever done, I will buy it to support the developers.

Looks like I won't be keeping that promise...

I might buy it later, on the slim chance that there is something good and memorable to be found in the game... so probably not.

toroid

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
toroid said:
9% of the Codex will buy Fallout 3.

Hey, I said 1%. I refuse to believe the percentage is actually that high, even when taking into consideration the current state of decline. The poll more accurately represents the "opinions" of trolls than it does the Hive Mind.

Xi

Arcane
Anyone who both reads the RPGCodex and also liked the Fallout series should not make a day one purchase! Hell maybe a day zero piracy attempt, but not a day one purchase!

If you do, you're breaking the very reason a website like this exists! -Insert reason here- Ok, I'll take a shot at it! Probably to promote the reasonable assumption that modern video games are lacking in terms of what makes a video game good. So if you purchase this game day one, you're being unreasonable in terms of what the Codex already thinks about the game, and you're promoting the developer's status as generally only the first month or two of sales are ever released to the public. You'd be making them look good! Which again is against the ethos of the site you're frequenting.

Don't be a fucking worthless, spineless hipocrit! Wait for a proper Codex review to decide. *scratch*

Rhett Butler

Scholar
I'm not going to bother with it. I have little enough time for games without wasting it on bad ones.

Xi

Arcane
Rhett Butler said:
I'm not going to bother with it. I have little enough time for games without wasting it on bad ones.

Ahh, perfect! With time as the final resource, which makes even pirating(stealing) a potentially crappy game look bad, wasting time on such games, from which the codex has determined will probably not represent the nostalgia we're all looking for, is being amoral to one's self! Muahahaha!

Ron Obvious

Novice
On the contrary, wouldn't 75% play? The most hyped American RPG of 2008?

PC users don't get mired in past titles because they are without expectation. They are waiting with optimism. They always want to try what is new, be it overtly offensive or merely acceptable. There is a chance something original and lasting will arrive.

That being said, I'm afraid the results are already in. Fallout 3 isn't what they've been waiting for. As much is evident from the streams - one couldn't get closer to a game without a Let's Play. Trying it for themselves at this point is a formality, but it's a try that I think most will attempt. They're that optimistic.

One could also consider the poll - this is a place that acknowledges the existence of bit torrent. A welcome attribute that respects honesty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom