Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... Dragon Age 2...

Am I a terrible judge of games?

• Total voters

AngryKobold

Arcane
Die in fire, everyone. With "haters" like you around, Bioware needs no fans.

Not voting for lack of kingcomrade option.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
FjPLF.gif

Bloody Mess

Novice
Dreaad's a dapper young lad. Keep on fightin' the good fight an' all that, and don't let the naysayers bring you down, champ!

pan

Learned
He's just doing the opposite of what the rest of you do.

Discussion on this forum is imbeciles identifying orthodox outlooks and intimating them in ways pseudo-witty enough to earn esteem amongst idiot peers. Dreaad is about touting the unorthodox instead.

Unfortunately him nor anyone else can hope to transcend these theatrics. You are all doomed to die never knowing the truth of your condition, the human condition. Half of you actually liked DA1 but are too self-deluded to know that you are too stupid to admit it.

The petty justifications say it all. "DA1 is good because it has good environments." as if you've always cared about environments and aren't just saying that to delude yourselves from the fact that you enjoy WoW combat and shitty camera controls. "DA2 is bad because it is not faithful to DA1 lore." what could you possibly say to make me believe that you or anyone else cared about the lore beyond blind fanboyism.

Zeriel

Arcane
DA1 wasn't good, but that doesn't make someone a holy martyr for liking DA2, it's just as bad.

Mortmal

Arcane
Also as a little side note I can't remember where and can't be bothered going back to find it, but someone said that DA2 is shit because the story is all over the place and is more like episodes from Kirkwall rather than a central storyline to follow. Amusingly this is kinda what I like most about the game, I suppose it reminds me of all my favorite tv shows, quite a few which do have some very VERY loose plot. Most go from episode to episode throwing the main protagonists into seemingly random situations just to see how they will react.

Seeing as I am dead tired of the high fantasy quest for mount doom crap.
You know in some ways... oh god I'm almost scared to say it, but the structure of the story is reminiscent of PS:T.... you get a random cast of people (which frankly are far more fleshed out in DA2, PS:T at best has very one sided companions), give them a loose goal in a city, run around doing random shit till you figure out what's going on. Now I must say that PS:T does this better simply because there's actually some mystery and thinking required to progress (also a lot more filler content, love it or hate it), this by itself makes the game far more entertaining. Still I think that people that bash the story too hard are just focusing on the negatives in such a fierce way, they fail to see certain things or just refuse to look.

Too big, the bait is too big, 7 pages was nice already.Why being greedy and wanting more ? Why ruining your troll cover like this ?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I also like Dragon Age 2. It's horrible schlock and that means you can laugh at it. It's a fun bad game, meant to be played through with cheats turned on (for maximum telling the combat to gtfo) and a Final Fantasy VII cocktail. You're going to hate it if you try playing it like a good, competently made game.

DarthBehemoth

Learned
I also like Dragon Age 2. It's horrible schlock and that means you can laugh at it. It's a fun bad game, meant to be played through with cheats turned on (for maximum telling the combat to gtfo) and a Final Fantasy VII cocktail. You're going to hate it if you try playing it like a good, competently made game.

DraQ

Arcane
I liked it how at the beginning after some fights there is this scene where some dude gets infected by the derpspawn or something and gets stabbed right through breastplate by that gal - I fully expected him to explode in a ludicrous geyser of blood like everything else does regardless of weapon used, but he didn't.
:lol:

I've seen some later lulzy bits where fully armoured people drop from the ceiling/sky for no reason as well.
:lol:

Then I switched off the YT.

MasPingon

Arcane
Seeing as I am dead tired of the high fantasy quest for mount doom crap.
You know in some ways... oh god I'm almost scared to say it, but the structure of the story is reminiscent of PS:T.... you get a random cast of people (which frankly are far more fleshed out in DA2, PS:T at best has very one sided companions), give them a loose goal in a city, run around doing random shit till you figure out what's going on.

We need "do not read this post for your own good" tag. What is the use of ignore button if I have already read this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom