Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
s6O5ow4.jpg

Went to see the championship. A lot of downtime, boring panel talks, fell asleep a couple of times. Watching HD 60fps stream on youtube in the comfort of yer home is the way to go.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I decided not to go after I saw how retarded the french public was, making waves and "wooooows" just for the sake of doing it, even when there was no action to warrant such things. Super obnoxious. And the were doing it non-stop for the entire duration of the game. No, just no.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
It's the biggest rivalry in all of western E-Sports maybe, considering LoL has the most organized scene. These news are hilarious, actually. DL was the face of CLG, got kicked out and now joins their rival. I hope CLG gets Freeze now, because their fanbase has already taken a hit with this and will completely disappear if they don't perform next split. They also kicked Pobelter, another player who has a massive personal fanbase. All of this after having their most successful split ever, counter logic indeed.

Jozoz

Prophet
This new ranked system is the most retarded thing I have ever seen.

If this goes through it will be what makes me stop playing the game. I just don't see the fucking point.

Erzherzog

Magister
Was so hyped for ranked tb, now I see its turned into some sort of monstrosity.

Probably a good time to make a clean break with league then. College on the way makes league a very poor use of time.

bloodlover

Arcane
Dafuq is with the new masteries? I am so confused. I like how they gave more options to pick the last skill at the bottom of the tree though I am not sure how much diversity it will actually bring in champion pools. Oh and the summoner spell CDR seems OP.

Jozoz

Prophet
Hey look everyone hates the new dynamic queue.

Who would've guessed it???

The new queue is absolute shit, although quite possibly because they haven't tested it at all. I queued up yesterday, spent like 20 mins in the queue, nothing, went on the LoL boards, apparently it was completely broken and everyone was having the same experience.

Ok, tried again today. Managed to connect by selecting support, the champion select screen looks like glorious digital diarrhea. Fucking shiny shit everywhere, all kinds of shit flying around, buttons to press, pointless stuff to choose, it's like a mini-game for retards. Got to the loading screen, client crashed at 90% load. Tried to reconnect as soon as possible, got into the game, the game kicked me for prolonged inactivity as soon as I got in. After going back to the client screen, it told me I left the game and would I like to connect again? I LEFT THE GAME...

:rage:

Why do retards always try to fix something that's not broken, and always miserably fail? Why, oh, why...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Excuse me, but wtf? Isn't the new client, the queue, etc are going to be introduced on February 20? I don't have it yet, and you do? Wtf?

Erzherzog

Magister
Ha, dynamic queue was a colossal fucking trainwreck, thank god. They actually had teams of diamond players that queued solo matched up against no bullshit LCS teams. A fucking joke and done for no reason, no one asked for dynamic queue. Like usual riot refuses to see that it has tremendously fucked up. I love all the apologists though. I've never understood why a lot of fanbases act like they're friends of the developers and not paying customers. (I get lol is technically f2p but are you going to tell me the majority of players have never plunked down any cash?).

I'm sorry, it's just so rich to predict catastrophe and be proven right. I just don't understand though. Why fundamentally change the way the game is played to the detriment of the majority of the players?

Logged in today to see whats changed, discovered they axed normal team builder to boot. I'm livid, because that mode always had the attitude of "it's where people go to learn" a nearly rageless queue with way more helpful players since there's no ranked stress but also no normals retard fuckery. I'm letting that confirm my suspicions that Riot purposeless makes it hard to practice to force people to simply play ranked to learn because that's infinitely more time consuming. Also why they're so insistent on changing core aspects of the game so frequently. Why let people have team builder when they can practice a champion? Why let people practice mechanics in snadbox mode? Let's rework the jungle and vision again! Make people play a fuckton of ranked matches just to figure out how to do any of this shit?

Plenty of games out there that give me the sense of competitive play without needlessly complicating it out of greed for my playtime.

Jozoz

Prophet
My best guess is they saw a large pool of players only ever playing normals with their friends.

They had stats that said the average ranked player spent more money on riot points. Thus trying to drive the normal only casual player into the ranked mode would increase profit due to people getting more dedicated to the game.

It makes sense, but in doing so they're completely fucking people who like to play solo. An entire community of the most dedicated players are getting dicked by Riot in order for them to cater to the casuals.

What pisses me off the most is how bad it is for the competitive integrity of the game. You'll never know if someone solo'd their way to diamond or if they played with their 4 friends who are better than them.

How the everliving fuck are people playing solo's rank and people playing with a team's rank comparable at all? They can't EVER get matched with each other in a game. It's so fucking ridiculous.

Also imagine the case where some random silver 5 player plays with his gold 5 friends. Together they all reach an MMR around Gold 1 after a few months of playing. Now the silver 5 dude is feeling confident because he's been winning so much and he decides to queue alone. He gets put into a game, where he's not good enough to compete and it ruins the game for the other 9 people in that game. It's just not a thought out system.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What pisses me off the most is how bad it is for the competitive integrity of the game. You'll never know if someone solo'd their way to diamond or if they played with their 4 friends who are better than them.
Lol, like elo means anything now? I get matched against players who have no chance of winning against me all the time. I've been playing for 3 years and I'm in Silver 3. And I occasionally get matched vs. people who've only leveled 30 a few days ago and they're in Silver 3. It usually ends with the enemy team saying "report our mid for feeding", but he didn't feed, he even did his best, but the system matched him with me, a much more seasoned player. The system is very broken anyway, couldn't possibly be worse.

Jozoz

Prophet
That's only a problem if you're at the entry level elo though.

The system definitely isn't perfect, but it's only getting worse with what they're doing.

Jozoz

Prophet
Looking at all the apologists on the game's subreddit now makes me want to vomit.

Riot could introduce a new STD to the world and people would find a way to make it seem like Riot made the right decision.

Jozoz

Prophet
To be clear, ranked queues for the 2016 season are:

• Dynamic Ranked
  • A few weeks after season start: Solo Ranked
God bless. They decided to not royally fuck their game this time.

Jozoz

Prophet
It's a bit bullshit how they wait a few weeks before allowing us to solo ranked.

This guy on reddit hit the money:

b6126b72227e70529c159b7f681cca3b.png

So basically they give the solo queue a delay and they make sure it has no ranked rewards either.

It's almost like they're giving us the queue out of pure spite.

Doesn't matter much to me since I don't give a flying fuck about ranked rewards, but I can see why some people are upset.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
i cant believe people still play this game lol(at least people who've been playing it for years) got bored after like 2 years(prolly played like 500-60 games total) and back in s3 i got diamond 4 literally by going jax top every game

if i didn't have rl friends who kept bitching me to play or duo with them i prolly wouldn't of even gotten level 30, really bad game imo and by far the worst/most annoying game community i've ever seen

Jozoz

Prophet
Yeah the game is a lot worse now compared to season 3...

I enjoy MOBAs though and I do like the game, but I'd love it if someone other than Riot took over.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What's dynamic queue? You have to play ranked in teams to get access to the new system?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom