Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
Holy fuck, Oceania was toxic as fuck about Brazil. All that fucking bragging after taking down the highly favored INTZ squad and mocking the tired conditions they played under. Apparently their coach had them take a nap before the second game. Fuck OCE though. Relentless shit talk and not even in semis.

Really surprised by hard random. CIS looks like soloq so how they did so good I'll never know. Turkey really disappointed but at least they're in the semis.

Haven't played much lately, but considering making another go. How does this sound for champion pool? Top: Nautilus, Liss, Heca. Practicing Darius cause dunks. Jungle: Naut, Voli. Support: Naut, Nami, Vel'koz. Mid: Liss, Vel. ADC: Fuck it, I'll dodge.

That's still a large amount. I stick to three/four so that I can practice all fairly often. Like everyone always says, its all about knowing the matchups.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I didn't see that, but OCE is apparently famous for it's toxicity.

About the champion pool, Azael, I don't think that's a lot if you're already familiar with those champs, but there's no telling for how long will Nautilus support will continue to be a thing (or Hecarim top lane, for that matter - I think a sizeable nerf is inbound soon, he's being picked/banner almost every competitive game and Riot was buffing him to increase his jungle viability, and it never caught on, while producing that monster top lane - Mao Kai v2.0). Other than that, the list seems fine, so long as you're not actively seeking out power picks, 'cause out of all of those only Hecarim would fit the description. But fuck that, just play what's fun.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Nautilus was a day one purchase for me, and unlike most of those I kept playing him since I liked just about everything about him. With the exception of last season, since I found tank junglers to be very outclassed by bruisers. Hecarim is fun as hell, mostly jungled him in the past, but like Maokai 2.0 he is just too strong top right now. Will most likely get nerfed. Realistically, I don't play all of those champions very often. I don't fight for mid and top is often heavily contended as well. Jungle and support is more my thing anyway.

Erzherzog

Magister
Beşiktaş sneaks into semi finals only to 3-0 the team that stomped literally everyone besides the favorites heading into this thing. I suppose BKT is just one of those teams not suited to Bo5s. At least I get the finals I predicted! In fact my prediction is perfect aside from RU. Hard Random indeed.

I'm just way more excited to watch all this than I should have been. Just think it's cool to watch regions that never really get to have any fun outside their region. If the winner can take any games off of the major regions at the MSI I'll be so happy. INTZ is much stronger than Kabum so there's reason to get hyped.

panda

Savant
Great tournament i must say. Even though lower half of teams started to give free wins toward the end and day 3 was rather meh.

INTZ is not only the strongest team but from what i've seen it's also only team with actual jungler.
HR i think was potential №2 but really got unlucky to face brazil in semifinal. For me it was most entertaining team to watch.
BKT: i just don't know wtf happened. I got impression that their wins against other tops were mostly due to unnecessary mistakes from opponents, so even with 5-1 and first nominal place in group BKT was not that scary as e.g. INTZ, but losing 0-3 in semifinal is just overkill.
As for turks, i missed all their games except one, so eager to see what they can do in final.

Edit: Two baron throws in a row. Not bad. :ehue::ehue::ehue:

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
JAyzus, that was hard to watch as a bronzilian. Throws upon throws upon throws, these games were horrible. Entertaining, sure, just like Trick2g's bronze subwars are. Maybe this was for the best, because INTZ was going to get completely smashed in the MSI with that level of play.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
JAyzus, that was hard to watch as a bronzilian. Throws upon throws upon throws, these games were horrible. Entertaining, sure, just like Trick2g's bronze subwars are. Maybe this was for the best, because INTZ was going to get completely smashed in the MSI with that level of play.
Hey, that was pretty much how I felt about the EULCS finals!

Erzherzog

Magister
Dignitas retains their spot thanks to kiwi.

But Winterfox relegated thanks to Team Dragon Knights.

I suppose this means Seraph > Nien

Game 4 is worth a watch. massive wtf moments and Alex seals the deal in spectacular fashion.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
https://www.facebook.com/Krepo.LoL/posts/859546400784260
Hello,

A few months ago I came to you with the statement that it was "Do or die", "put up or shut up". Today i'm here to announce that it'll be the latter. Effective immediately i'll be retiring as a professional player.

it's hard to find the right words to describe the current situation, but i'll try to do my best. League of legends is the best thing that ever happened to me. I've had a pretty awesome career looking back. The only regrets I have is not trying a little harder, putting in a little more effort here & there, mostly season 3, and handling certain situations slightly different. I'm an emotional person, as much as I try not to be, and those emotions sometimes get the best of me. Then again, I've learned a lot in these years and have become a completely different person than I was 3-4 years ago when this was all set in motion. I hope changed for the better.

I've enjoyed being a player on the stage so much. It's the best feeling in the world, going on stage and have the crowd react, even cheer your name. Especially this split after being "out" for a while. To the LCS Berlin crowd, thank you so much, you have no idea how much it meant to me to hear you shout my name one more time. At least now I feel, i've had a chance to say goodbye. Even though I still played my last match without knowing it was the last, but at least somewhere I knew it could've been.

But all good things come to an end. Lately I found myself having a little less fun with the game. Looking back i'm having a hard time finding 3 consecutive days where i've been truely happy in the last few months. Hell, i've been getting salty and even a tad toxic in soloqueue as of late. Most of it stemming from the fact that I care a lot about winning & playing the game correctly, but I think i've gone too far in that mindset sometimes. I've always said the moment playing this game stops being fun and feels like a grind, i'll retire. And i think that moment has finally come.

I've always wanted to be recognized as a great player. I think I truely can be (or could've been), or perhaps even am, in some ways. This year I somehow wanted to prove it to myself & the community. I take solace in the fact that a lot of my peers who i respect a lot (think of Rekkles, tabzz, forgiven, kasing & more) have all told me they thought i was a good player. And that honestly is enough. Looking at my track record it's obvious I will never be able to achieve what I did in season 2 ever again, and that's alright. I'll treasure the memories and work on what's next instead.

Over time i've learned i not only enjoyed playing the game, but also commentating and analyzing it for the viewers. I have a lot to learn to follow in the footsteps of some of the great casters currently present, but it's something I want to pursue.
It's pretty daunting to realize that i'll never play a competitive league of legends match ever again, but i just have to look at it positively, starting another chapter in the story that's my life.

There's a lot of people I owe gratitude to for supporting me along the way, i'm truely grateful for your help/advice/comeradery. I'd make a list but there's too many. You know who you are.
Last i'd like to apologize to all fans that would've wanted me to play in this summer split & to Elements for not riding it out with them or being the change to get the team back on track. I wish them the best of luck and hope they make it to worlds.

Thanks for reading, krepo out.
:(

Sounds like he might become the sorely-needed second colour-caster for the EULCS, so maybe Deficio doesn't have to do everything any longer.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I saw him cast only one game and was tempted to mute the stream for the first time ever. He was trying desperately to show off his knowledge and machine gunned commentary for 40 minutes straight, it was unbearable. Otherwise, he seems to be a cool guy, just hope he tones it down if he does become a full time caster.

bloodlover

Arcane
So... LCK.

SKT stomped 3-0 vs GE with Tom and Easyhoon (that raped mid lane and played the best games of his life) all three games.

I bet the players in every other region are shitting their pants.

Erzherzog

Magister
Easyhoon is no slouch man, dude is absolutely legit.

I thought Tom was supposed to be subpar but so is bengi so that's almost a wash.

Still though, this SKT lineup has a lot of time to gel, lots of international experience, and not so affected by the exodus to China.

SKT should definitely be the favorites to win the MSI but TSM and EDG have legit shots as well. Fnatic are kinda hard to guess. Their aggressive playstyle is reminiscent of a lot of Chinese teams from last year but since Fnatic was not tooooo strong relative to EU I feel like their occasional sloppy plays will do them in on some matches.

TW is lucky, if ahq sucks "omg if Flash Wolves went we would do better" if ahq does well it speaks for itself.

And Beşiktaş? At least they have this...

bloodlover

Arcane
I never said he was a slouch but he's no Faker either. He usually plays really passive and on some champs (like Xerath and Cass) he is even better than Faker but he tends to just farm it out in the lane and wait for the fights. This time he went 1 vs 1 against Kuro multiple times (you almost never see him flash engage with Cass). He played a very different game.

Tom is subpar imo, at least when it comes to Bengi or the expectations from the team overall. Sure he's a godlike Nunu but that's a one trick pony and if he's pressured in jungle he gets fucked. Ambition owned him in the CJ game and they wen 2-0 with him in the jungle. Bengi and Faker saved the game there.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
So Fnatic vs TSM starting.

I like this match-up because no matter who wins, the salt will be glorious and I can claim either that EU > NA or Denmark > everyone else.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fnatic took a game against SKT in a best of five! Glorious victory for Yurop! And most of their games against SKT have been fairly even so far, which is pretty amazing. I still think SKT will win though.

Renegen

Arcane
Onboard the Fnatic bandwaggon, they're fun to listen on the french stream.

However, a long day of soloquing and all I have to show for it is 2-8. Probable smurfs, azir supports, non-adc mains feeding super hard, ugh this game really messes with your mind. Did I play well or not? I really didn't expect to suck in plat 5, the tank meta is quite something and everytime I take a loss as Nocturne it entices me, yesss.. go play Amumu go build Righteous Glory your bleeding will stop!

At least when I win I have this cool item build:
naz4vE1.png

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Everyone is jizzing from Fnatic taking a top Korean team to five matches. Shame they flopped in the last game though.

NA talking big before the tournament and then flopping in groups, news at 11. In hindsight of TSMs performance and amidst all the Dyrus bashing, the end of this TSM:Legends video from March is pretty funny. Their weaknesses have been in plain sight for a long time, just their trash region not being able to take advantage of them properly :troll:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Everyone is jizzing from Fnatic taking a top Korean team to five matches. Shame they flopped in the last game though.
Ermahgurd, spoilers! I'm just watching the games now, was out last night.

Seriously though, Koreans winning doesn't really qualify as spoilers :P

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Faker picking Cass in the last game fucked em over, plus Nunu play from Bengi was insane.

Playing times were a bitch tho, i watched from 22.30 to 3.30am, Florida seems to have the most fucked timezone ever. And had to get up for work at 7.

Everyone is just suprised that Fnatic did that well, everyone expected a roflstomp.

TSM sucked in pick and ban phase and other teams really abused passive jungling by Santorin that didnt give a shit about Dyrus getting towerdived over and over again. Shame tho, looked like they didnt played a game together since they won LCS. Everyone expected more from them.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
You know, it's very telling that the regional power gap closing in comes at the cost of the top teams having two koreans a piece.

New champion has so much stuff in his kit, I'd be surprised if isn't as broken as release Yasuo. Not impressed by the character, but I guess at least his ult seems pretty innovative.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Designed by gypsylord who have us the abomination known as Vi... Didn't expect him to be AP though, guess Riot are giving that type of champ another go, despite Diana and Akali being problematic (in the past).

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
New Ashe seems p. neat, I like that Riot are trying alternatives to the current state of critical strikes. I've never really liked being at the mercy of a RNG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom