Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have a question for you guys more versed in the annals of Riot lore.

Was Riot's policy on their own production of merchandise ever explicitly, or implicitly, mentioned by them? Why is there no official LoL merchandise? Where are the posters, action figures, plushies, pillows, t-shirts?

I know there are people selling stuff with LoL motives, and there is no shortage of Teemo caps, but I could never connect any of it with first-hand Riot channels. Why is it? Am I just wrong? Or does Riot have a particular reason for not exploring this market?

I, for one, would welcome some action figures.

Erzherzog

Magister
Because ffs rito.

But seriously 4 years later and they still say it's because "WE'RE BRAND NEW GUYS, GIVE US TIEM!" for EVERYTHING.

Servers suck. No story elements. Toxic community. Shitty coding. These issues take fucking forever apparently.

Gets old.

profreshinal

Arcane
They used to have a shop at merch.leagueoflegends.com but that doesn't exist anymore. I think this is the closest to an official online shop.

Also there's a merch boot at LCS studios.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
So, Riot completely throws old lore out of the window. No more summoners, Institute of War or, strangely enough, League of Legends. Granted, lore has always been a bit shit (with some exceptions, RIP old Trundle) and completely irrelevant to the actual game, but this still seems like a heavy handed approach even by their standards.

Erzherzog

Magister
From the sounds of things nu-lore is just going to be consumed as you so feel, modern day comic book style.

As in, they're going to just constantly ret-con and not really care so long as the stories sound cool.

But then the stories have to actually sound cool, though I dig actively trying to remove constraints from writers.

But their writers are not so good.

And they don't like writing instead these "events" are considered their great hallmarks.

So basically TL;DR, you can ignore lore now completely because riot doesn't really care and neither should you.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Nu-lore suckage, ouroboros style.

Shit goes from irrelevance back to hype full circle.

Erzherzog

Magister
CLG 1 loss away from being relegated. And people are saying this proves the recent criticism unwarranted? CLG is a fucking laughingstock now. So much for those scrims in Korea.

We nearly witnessed the return of SaintBaldness. Bask in his glory. (ASIDE: Holy shit, put LiftLift on suicide watch, his last comments in his interview sound so depressing. Apparently he feels like a massive disappointment.)
He is.

I've really toned down the ratio of my matches that are ranked. On a 5 game win streak again and my LP gains are large again. A calmer attitude is going a long way, now I can literally carry harder, witness.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1534547573/44226535

More than twice the damage to champs of my next teammate. Most wards placed on team, only positive KDA on team. Only lane to win, and thankfully I won hard.

It blows my mind that match was silver though. 10 wards placed was enough to be the most? I bought 6 stealth wards, the next closest was the enemy Lucian that bought ONE. Everyone else bought NONE. Enemy team had no fucking jungler! Came was too close for comfort, my mechanics are ass but hopefully I can improve.

Actually I'm 37/7/40 in my last 4 matches solo lane so maybe I'm finally improving my reflexes. I'm slightly positive on jungle lately which is primarily as Vi. I'm afraid to do Kha in ranked even though I usually stomp with him in normals. My support play has not netted many wins lately but I'll attribute that to me being bullheaded about bottom lane meta shifts. As such, I'm practicing Nami, Thresh, and Braum like crazy in addition to adding assassins for my mid lane. I love Xerath and I think Ahri is a decent assassin for me to work on, great waveclear for an assassin and waveclear is my big thing because it's so forgotten in my wood league.

And the whole match was me trying to keep my team from raging. I had to promise blowjobs. BLOWJOBS.

So Ascension is actually fun. Wow. No all ranged, just ban Nidalee and Joyce and it's K.

EDIT : Lol the Karma skin, I wonder why they didn't make battlecast karma or something that they could ask more for. Then again I guess almost nobody plays her anyway. Except me, I like it nice and boring.

Renegen

Arcane
wtf is that thing on Karma head?

Fun games, Stvicious losing in 5 games but unfortunately it wasn't his fault and he might still make LCS because the teams are expanding from 8 to 10. I was shocked at how immature Doublelift still sounded, I think Hotshot enables him. I heard Hotshot say "I want to see Doublelift achieve success", k bud, business before friends. I guess Doublelift made the CLG brand back in Season 1/2? hard to say.

I didn't really feel like playing Ascension except there's some icons on the line, hhnnnnnn.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
So Ascension is actually fun. Wow. No all ranged, just ban Nidalee and Joyce and it's K.

EDIT : Lol the Karma skin, I wonder why they didn't make battlecast karma or something that they could ask more for. Then again I guess almost nobody plays her anyway. Except me, I like it nice and boring.

Not exactly true, lolking says she has an almost 6% play rate. Not a lot, but not exactly nobody, and she hadn't received a skin since her relaunch. Seriously, this is the ugliest skin ever though. I'm holding out for a new sejuani skin, but who knows when that's coming.

EDIT: Just watched the last game on CLG and CA. Nobody coments on the hecarim mid? Owned the early game, but what a greedy ass build - 0 MR and only 200 hp from the triforce. Had he built a sunfire cape and a spirit visage after triforce, he might've been able to do something past laning phase. Oh and Doublelift on Tristana... that champion is complete cancer.

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
WTF the new Soraka has a 2 second 230+(0.6AP) heal, oh lawdly Riot doesn't know how to rework champs. I'm actually kinda mad about the Soraka rework, she became just another bruiser peeler like every other support, along with bullshit heal that will probably be used offensively on the (ironic) bruiser. Whichever bruiser can get more help from his support wins!

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Afaik Riot wants her to become a prime target in teamfights since her heals cost her own health now (?). Seems like a very focused (and different) kit, not necessarily a bad thing (provided she can in fact be focused down if the enemy team gets the drop on her)

Btw, Pobelter rocked a Talon mid on the relegation series with infinity edge, was pretty cool to watch.

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just watched the last game on CLG and CA. Nobody coments on the hecarim mid?.
He did very well, but there is no way The Horse can work against Kha'Zix, Tristana, Ziggs, Alistar and Ryze. It's like the ultimate counter to charging times 5. What was he thinking?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Yeah, they might as well call it League of dashes at this point, since there's only a handful of non-support champions who lack one that are still effective at a competitive level. Off the top of my head, I can only think of kog maw, syndra, orianna and xerath seeing regular play lately.

Watching the second complexity vs team 8 game right now and it's just annoying the amount of disengage these teams have. Complexity just can't start a fight because of all the bullshit escapes, it's actually annoying to watch. Riot needs to start making it so champions with no gap closers/escapes have some sort of extra potential, even if it means these champs start dominating solo que.

Renegen

Arcane
Riot has consistently refused to nerf mobility and instead is piling it on, I mean just look at the new Soraka rework, she will have 70% permanent move speed when moving toward injured teammates in a range that's twice the game screen, yeah I'm sure that won't be abused! And then there's champions like Lucian, Kha'Zix or Yasuo who are just so good at everything but Riot does not want them out of the meta, they're flashy so they stay.

To me, the T8 vs CL game wasn't so much about the lack of engage, afterall they had Lee Sin and they did land a couple of good ults to catch Gragas over and over it had more to do with the range advantage that T8 had from Corki/Kha/Trist so they never needed to engage themselves. But they weren't winning either, because they kept having to put Gragas in dangerous positions to make anything happen, it was just a stale mate. I think when T8 won the last teamfight, they actually had baron buff up, it was just really dumb by CL to stick around long enough to be poked down. Better vision control would've given CL the ability to control the neutral objectives better and probably lock down the game.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its cause fuckers cant into picking a dive comp and everyone loves free damage. In first game they had Maokai+Orianna wombo combo, second was just poke trades for 50 minutes. Also Complexitys objective control was bronze league in that game.
3rd game CL got broken champs so it wasnt suprising they won. Also Lee Sin/Kha obsession. There are other junglers in the game, motherfuckers. Freaking fun watching Lee Sin being a fucking useless champ from game to game doing nothing but warding.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Lucian is ADC pre-nerf Kassadin. I feel like they had a clear direction for him with the low range gunspellslinger motiff, but he still seems a bit too strong because of the endless dashes. That second COL T8 game though, the range on kha'zix, tristana and corki's jump is retarded.

Agree on the jungle picks though, I'd really like to see a tanky jungler getting picked at some point, they're so strong in solo que right now, I'm pretty sure they can work with a proper team comp. Sejuani and Amumu seem like they could see some competitive play, both have decent gap closers, great ganks and amazing teamfight potential with ults.

ALSO COMPLEXITY IS STILL ALIVE - BELIEVE

EDIT: NEVERMIND THEY'RE DEAD

EDIT 2: I feel bad for Prolly, obvisously a great midlaner stuck with a mediocre team. Westrice on the other hand...

Last edited:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Today I've become an instant Unicorns Of Love fan. Every time Tresh landed a hook, I jizzed a little inside.

Casters really need to shut up about "Madlife's".

Dat Poppy tho!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom