Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
More wins in a row, your MMR jumps higher than usual. After a lets say 5-6 game win streak you'll get to play with more decent crowd.

Played 4 games today, 3 losses, 1 win. First game last pick top picks Yasuo, only bad thing is that he never played him before. 2/6 15 minutes in. Stomped. Second game, Teemo picks top, he ended at 1/11 i think vs Ryze. Ryze was so fed he could 1vs5 us. Another stomp.
Both blame the jungler ofcourse.
3rd game, we win this one cause AP Sion top wasnt a noob and wins vs Irelia and our AD carry wasnt retarded. Last game, our Lee top afks, never even buys an item. Our first pick instalocks Udyr, jungles a bit then feeds 2 kills and goes afk. 3vs5, 20 min /ff.
Fucking hate this game so much sometimes.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Yeah, I know about MMR. I'll tell you something, I got 2 games on my placements where teammates carried and the rest of them were complete effing nightmares where I have to carry so hard my back almost breaks in two - Riot cut me no slack this time around. Again, I get that some people are new, but jesus, listen to people who have been playing longer then at least.

Fed akali on their team, I beg our annie support (full ap obviously) to build at least a locket to help us out against her. She builds a needlessly large rod.

We're doing baron and our Jinx is using the rocket launcher for no reason. I politely tell her it's better to switch to the machine gun, and she ignores me.

There are 3 people low on top lane, with me and nasus hugging our turret because we're also low. I ask TF to ult and clean up, he runs to our lane, gets very close to it, meanwhile malphite runs away with 0 HP AND THEN TF ults, baiting us into giving Akali a triple kill (that's how she got fed).

And this is a game I still managed to win by controlling vision, securing objectives and ulting at least 3 people on the enemy team every single teamfight. What scares me is that my teammates probably thought they did an awesome job.

http://matchhistory.br.leagueoflegends.com/pt/#match-details/BR1/317892002/203649903

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
With everyone posting their accomplishments about Gold, Plat, Diamond I thought about posting mine, victories against the Doom bots! Awaiting the brofists.

xXbjytB.png

I had this diamond guy that I never spoke with invite me to the games and even with him doing the best every game we struggled. Then again most of the other people in those games were bronze at best. These bots are so bullshit, Morgana is the worst though.

I can't win a single game against these fuckers, I can't do everything like how you could against regular bots. Pretty much should dodge when somebody picks poppy and starts screaming she doesn't want to be 1v2.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Other than their op powers the only difference between them and intermediate bots is they all TF tp to dragon and one shot it at certain points in the match. They're good at dodging straight line projectiles but terrible against things like gragas barrels or Syndra balls.
I was proxying as Singed and the bots in my lane just sat at tower killing creeps, they're also ridiculously easy to gank. Bots are terrible at sieging turrets and defending their base so basically when the bots all group in a lane you have to splitpush and hope the bots aren't fed enough to destroy the 4 idiots who try to defend. And hope the 4 idiots don't try to engage.

Erzherzog

Magister
As of right now I feel Vel'koz is my best pick for Doombots, max W first for waveclear Q second for poke. Won lane against level 5 pretty hard, multiple kills and almost 2 towers but top and bottom were both hammered back to inhibs. Second try...

I feel like Ziggs would be a good choice but Vel kites easier which is super importante.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm wondering if the best(fastest) setup would be good ranged mid, two Proxy farmers, and two junglers who take buffs from either jungle then gank/push mid.

Erzherzog

Magister
Your top and bottom would have to be masters of waveclear.

This shit is actually stupid easy though. I'm on of the worst of the codex crew and it took me just 2 tries at each level and the only bad game I had was as LeBlanc, and that was because I didn't think they would be able to cast in a .5 second window.

Jozoz

Prophet
The Doom Bots are easy enough, imo.

UNLESS you're against Morgana or Galio. They are hilariously broken compared to the rest.

And don't even get me started about how insane the Swain passive is. They could literally have every other of the passive things except the Swain part and Swain only would still be stronger.

Played in a tournament today!

First two opponents don't show up, third is a team of challengers. While we are missing two of our players who are probably hungover as fuck, and we hadn't practiced anyway.

Lol at least I facilitated some kills as Braun just by his normal walk up fuck you pimp slapping.

Erzherzog

Magister
The Doom Bots are easy enough, imo.

UNLESS you're against Morgana or Galio. They are hilariously broken compared to the rest.

And don't even get me started about how insane the Swain passive is. They could literally have every other of the passive things except the Swain part and Swain only would still be stronger.

Hah, had to lane against Galio WITH Swain ult passive. The sustain bro, it was painful.

Still won that lane though. Vel'Koz actually has great waveclear so I just kept shoving his lane in until the tower was gone. Actually killed him once in lane and did not die in lane. I felt victorious.

Erzherzog

Magister
I find that matches wshere my team is very talkative (in a positive way) in champ select go one of two ways, either we feed horribly or we dominate uncontrollably. This was definitely the latter, I found bot lane's summ. spells selections weird but they won lane just as hard as the rest of us did.

Warwick camped top lane like a douche, at one point he and Elise waited in purple tribush for at least a minute just to gank me and get a kill. I fucking hate how in these low level plays people do shit like that and I'm even madder that I let them succeed in these efforts.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1461055908/44226535

19.9K gold lead at 21 minutes.

Jozoz

Prophet
Yeah, Vel'Koz is one of the best champions for Doom Bots. He has long range and self peel. Also I noticed the bots like to walk in straight lines, which is excellent for Vel'Koz ult.

One of my friends played a ton of Vel'Koz in our games and did really well.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
Is there some gentleman's agreement in LCS to ignore Xerath 90% of the time then one week make him the highest pick priority?

Renegen

Arcane
I bet it's that Nidalee rework. People loved to complain about her and how WAHHH she was unique and you couldn't catch her and her poke had 0 risk high reward, well payback's a bitch, welcome to Xerath.

Jozoz

Prophet
Finally beat my promotion series for Diamond 2 in spite of losing a game to a disconnect!

Erzherzog

Magister
Is there some gentleman's agreement in LCS to ignore Xerath 90% of the time then one week make him the highest pick priority?
I bet it's that Nidalee rework. People loved to complain about her and how WAHHH she was unique and you couldn't catch her and her poke had 0 risk high reward, well payback's a bitch, welcome to Xerath.

And yet here we are now top lane bruiser Nidalee is a thing again. :(

Renegen

Arcane
Meteos just won with an amazing full damage Elise build in a hard game vs Curse. All of the past 2 weeks Elises have been going full/high AP in competitive play, damn I love being ahead of the meta.

Pff who cares about Xerath, Swain is so op he can win 3v1 and not care about jungler being afk.

Catching their Nidalee finally in the last moments of the game was so rewarding though, not like the top lane trollery with Irelia. The moment when she's done spamming Q and tries to close in for a kill... Nope get fucked, you aren't getting away this time.

Xerath is pretty good but he has no mobility and his ult is like 3 high range Karthus Q's. Between Lux, Ziggs and him I actually still prefer the psycho cunt, don't care about LCS or shit I want my abilities to feel powerful, especially the ultimate. Xerath feels like the LARPER who shouts Lightning Ball or something like that while throwing tennis balls.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom