Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anyone else got the Strife beta key?
I played 2 games, one with a cow and another with a troll. Lack of numbers in this game makes it very confusing to play. And general lack of mana for abilities. Like do 1 combo then retreat till regen. Its like baby LoL with freemium model like in most mobile games that I dont like.

Edit:
Played 2 more games, gotta say that I'm not all that impressed. Even the game lenght is about the same as LoL,but all seems simpler, shallower. Gonna give it a few more plays, but I doubt its gonna be something I'll spend alot of time in.
Sad really, I had high hopes for this one.

Last edited:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Sounds like shit. I doubt we'll see any real "LoL killers" anytime soon. Main threat is LoL getting too bloated and established player base losing interest faster than they can draw new players in. Slowing down the release rate of new champs and focusing more on reworks/VU was probably a smart move in the long run.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, only Heroes of the Storm left. Still waiting for that email.
When it comes to Strife, I think the game lenght is killing it. 40-50 minute games doesn't really play along with the simplified model.
I did like the minion you have with you that gives you extra ability similar to summoner spells in LoL and boots that give you special ability, like one type of boots allow you to leap, jump over walls(on 35 sec cooldown), another ones speeds you up for 3 seconds(on 12 sec cooldown) etc. Oh well, atleast they tried.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
A bit too much green on his spells. Could be bad for readability. Model looks decent. No skellie, so the chinks don't need a separate model.

The Nid changes are interesting I guess, though giving her cougar form from level 1 is kind of boring. No different from Jayce/Elise now.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
P. sure Zilean is on the horizon too, but I think he will get a rework as well, so I doubt any VU will be out before that is drawing closer. Same thing for Sion who definitely looks like shit.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Played horsefucker for the first time in an ARAM game. Bloody hell, why haven't I played horsefucker before. Killer Konjad so good, pity they had a sivir and my chasing was a bit lackluster against her ult+shield.

Also played Kennen, turbohamster is not bad at all. Guess I should buy those two now, pretty fun champs.

Also managed to get two pentrakills today in ARAM, one as TF and one as Gangplank.

Renegen

Arcane
Played horsefucker for the first time in an ARAM game. Bloody hell, why haven't I played horsefucker before. Killer Konjad so good, pity they had a sivir and my chasing was a bit lackluster against her ult+shield.
Played horsefucker in a AI game, I was shocked how hard he was mechanically. I've been wanting to pick him up for a while but the IP gains have been really slow.

I guess Karthus skins have potential to sell while Zilean, Taric etc. also need a mechanical update.

Tried a game with him today because I got excited, and I wanted to see if I can make a sustain build work. Well now I remember exactly why I quit Karthus, it wasn't the meta, wasn't that I got bored of him, no, it's just because games like this where I deal ten times the damage of our ADC and twice the next highest we have. Games like this where I get mad because some fucking pussies run back and forth, too scared that we might win a teamfight when fed Karthus rolls through their lines. It doesn't matter that I can blast through #1:s shield like it was nothing, doesn't matter that WW can't outsustain me, that my Q chunks Lucian for third of his health... Better to shake in your boots at the prospect of actually fighting the enemy and lose by default.

It's like playing Karthus makes everybody else lose their balls.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Ehhh, I follow the competitions but not enough to give a damn oustide my favorite team(s).

Go Team Dignitas. Winners of the ZionSpartan(+ Shiptur) sweepstakes!

And hears to another split of C9 dominating TSM.

In fact this season promises to be a tightly run race for second place.

Renegen

Arcane
My boi QTPie finally on the same team as ZionSpartan and Shiphtur, yeah it promises to be a really good split. I don't care enough about the fantasy league either, you'd have to research players and shit...

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm in one, I did 0 research, The draft suggests picks with how many points it guesstimates the player will get. It'll autopick the highest if you're afk. I got stuck with Diamond :x

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Funny, seems the roles of NA and EU LCS have switched since last year's summer split.
Now the EU scene is boring as fuck and everything is up for grabs in NA.

edit (after 20mins of C9 vs TSM):
or maybe the NA scene will be boring as fuck too. yaaaaaaaaaaay

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Kwantards are still going to be chanting for TSM and CLG. Because learning a third chant is beyond their mental faculties.

Erzherzog

Magister
DIG DEFEATS CLOUD 9! NEARLY FLAWLESS VICTORY!

A shaky match against EG for the first match of the day but manhandled Cloud 9, amazingly Crumbzz clearly outjungled Meteos.

Wow I was so stoked to see Zion and Ship to go to a better team but this is obnoxious. I've never seen an NA team do so well against C9. Took all the barons, all the dragons, and all their lanes are so strong, can't wait for the rest of the season.

Renegen

Arcane
Meteos didn't get 1 gank off, really impressive win by DIG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom