Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT - Strange Journey Redux (3DS Remake) coming May 15 to Citra

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
SMT is simply Japanese. They understand that Christians believe in One God, but to them He is simply one of a number of deities. I do agree the "Great Will" is an attempt to acknowledge an overall pseudo-Christian framework to it, but it's basically shinto-esque paganism with jewish/christian concepts.

I doubt that Japanese doesnt understand Christiany.

If anything they do understand and rightfully put it in the myth bin like all religions.

The fact that christiany is a big thing in the west doesn't make it more than simple myth in the eye of non-believer. In eye of non religious person Jesus might as well as significant as Zeus or whatever, ergo putting them in fantasy kitchen sink. Apocalypse has shown that all the gods exist in SMT.

I think Great Will is not the Christian god. If anything Great Will is above that. Something that creates YHVH and all other gods I think? Global creator, yes, but not Christian big G o d. If anything YHVH is the Christian God in SMT.

SMT 4 Apocalypse really show that it is possible to erase the concept of gods/demon alltogether by killing everything and reset the world. On the opposite side the normal neutral ending has YHVH will be coming back in the future so long people still yearn from it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom