Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Smaug and Lilura argue about Baldur's Gate, RTwP vs TB, etc

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thought I'd add my 2cents since this is mostly a "Give Smaug some life building advice" thread.

Shaving. Think about how much money you're gonna spend on shaving for the rest of your life - let's say at least 70 years. You use disposable razors, shaving cream & balm at approx £10 a month, or some electric razor that only last 5 min and you need to replace the foil all the time. You're looking at a min of £8000 > £10,000 over the course of your life.

Buy a cut-throat razor like a proper prestigious gent, watch a video on how to sharpen it (I recommend a Japanese waterstone) and a leather strop. Get one made out of proper A2 grade tool steel - where the entire blade has been hardened and tempered (so you can pass it onto your grandkids) and it isn't just a piece of sharpened alloy that gets dull after 5 shaves. And learn the skill of shaving with it.
Don't practice on any sensitive area/vital area of your body
I recommend arms Edit: THE TOP/FOREARM PART NOT THE WRIST AREA > sideburns > go from there.

Admittedly it's cool to use this type of razor, but if it wasn't, and you gave no shits about what people think, and you put the effort in (instead of the using throw-away easy shit) you can apply this concept to most of stuff in life and you will make/save a lot of money.

Swigen

Arbiter
My advice is don’t join the fuckin’ army. Join a good Mixed Martial Arts gym instead. You get the camaraderie, discipline, physical prowess and you get to go home afterwards. Army is gay and fulla retards that put your life at risk. You’ll just end up doing six years then end up at a dairy farm punching baby cows in the face like this guy...

head-punchjpg-c9f2949aa37e88cb_medium.jpg

laclongquan

Arcane
Thought I'd add my 2cents since this is mostly a "Give Smaug some life building advice" thread.

Shaving. Think about how much money you're gonna spend on shaving for the rest of your life - let's say at least 70 years. You use disposable razors, shaving cream & balm at approx £10 a month, or some electric razor that only last 5 min and you need to replace the foil all the time. You're looking at a min of £8000 > £10,000 over the course of your life.

Buy a cut-throat razor like a proper prestigious gent, watch a video on how to sharpen it (I recommend a Japanese waterstone) and a leather strop. Get one made out of proper A2 grade tool steel - where the entire blade has been hardened and tempered (so you can pass it onto your grandkids) and it isn't just a piece of sharpened alloy that gets dull after 5 shaves. And learn the skill of shaving with it.
Don't practice on any sensitive area/vital area of your body
I recommend arms Edit: THE TOP/FOREARM PART NOT THE WRIST AREA > sideburns > go from there.

Admittedly it's cool to use this type of razor, but if it wasn't, and you gave no shits about what people think, and you put the effort in (instead of the using throw-away easy shit) you can apply this concept to most of stuff in life and you will make/save a lot of money.

What kind of wastrels spend money on shaving cream and balm?

When you shower, slap some shower or shampoo on your area and go shaving.

And I am not old school enough to go cutthroat razor. The disposable razors are good enough, and cheap enough to save you the time honing those old style blade. Sure the point of heirloom razor is worth considering IF any of your spawns is cool enough to consider it. Most likely they just sell it to the ironmonger though.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
at least before I got nothing left might as well play some good games, untill I have to go.

Dude, just go and get laid until your balls fall off.
You'll have plenty of time to play cRPG when you come back; from wherever the next oil war brings you; with only 2 or 3 limbs ...

Mustawd you are a dumbass (amazing new discovery /s)

First off, let me say that I love TB and will always prefer it to RTwP because its a "cleaner" system

That being said, every WotC CRPG made in the last 20 years has been RTwP except ToEE (which is pure incline). Like it or not, BG is not Baldur's Gate if it's not RTwP. It's simply a matter of tradition and not which is better. I know this must be a Herculean effort for your quark-sized brain to understand but try to process these things independently.

Finally, there are FAR, far worse things than RTwP. Popamole action combat. Bad writing. Shit design. Shit core systems. You name it. If an RPG is RTwP but is top-tier in everything else, it's not that big of a deal.

My good man, there isn't ANYTHING on this world worse than the pure and utter SHIT that is JRPGs

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
From what I’ve read about BG2 it has awesome spell variety, encounter design, and itemization. However, that doesn’t make RTWP itself good.

You are a dumbass and a bum. Is TB better than RTwP? Yeah. Is RTwP = automatically makes everything else in the game shit?
Yes :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom