Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim's Huge Epic Fantasy Pushes Your Hardware

Quilty

Magister
LynkS said:
This video is better:
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/the-el ... play-demo/

24mxms9.png

I am sooooooooo EEEEEXCITED!

:smug:

"There's danger around every corner. Like...HUGE FREAKING DRAGONS!"

This show is so blatantly targeted at morons that it surprises me every time its hosts suck Todd's dick.

Radisshu

Prophet
Quilty said:
LynkS said:
This video is better:
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/the-el ... play-demo/

24mxms9.png

I am sooooooooo EEEEEXCITED!

:smug:

"There's danger around every corner. Like...HUGE FREAKING DRAGONS!"

This show is so blatantly targeted at morons that it surprises me every time its hosts suck Todd's dick.

Also I'm really impressed that they've managed to create so human-like replicants but to they have to put them on fucking TV?

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Also...
Have you noticed that the male hyper is replaced by some utterly hyped-up commercial douchebag for making 2 light-critical jokes about oblivion?
Half way trough the video..
Thats enough evidence for me :thumbsup:

:EDIT:

They get replaced both actually..
Ah well that won´t make it less viable :smug:

bishop7

Novice
I love the Elder Scrolls series, i've been playing them since Arena. I don't know what the fuss is about, i'm sure it will be a great game. I particularly enjoy the new inventory system, which reminds me of XBox Media Centre.

Personally i'm honoured to have witnessed the evolution of TES series throughout the years. Especially Oblivion, i'm so glad I have the choice between using a sword, using a mace, or using a battle axe. Wait, aren't the last 2 the same thing?

Anyway, it's all so confusing. I hear they are removing all the crazy numbers and crap they normally include and replacing them with hand signals and pretty icons. One day I hope they remove all of that too so that I can just press one button repeatedly and enjoy the immersion.

:incline:

Melcar

Arcane
I would fuck that chick, though. Kind of funny how she went from this weird geeky gamer girl back in the TechTV days and progressively got sluttier during G4's run. Looking back, TechTV had some pretty fine nerd girls.

circ

Arcane
I'm sorry haters, but listening to all that bullshit video hype and seeing those visuals, just off the bat, it seems like a pretty cool adventure game. They even improved EPICly on the frog faces from Oblivion.

Just not sure why Todd insists on calling it an RPG.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Considering that it will be just as dumbed down as Oblivion (if not even more, Beth gotta do better now than adding enemy radar and 12 y/o level writing y' know) better faces change everything.

In any case I'm eagerly awaiting 'Dexers trying to prove that Oblivion 2 is totally different and is a quality adventure game while still bashing Oblivion when it comes out.

turul

Augur
Black said:
How can it push any hardware if it's a goddamn console port?

It pushes the XBOX 360 hardware limits.

Mot of the folks here still havent' fiigured out, that pushing the XBOX 360 capabilities mean that it's barely better than Oblivion.
Actually the game looks ugly as shit, huge polygons/textures, It looks like a game circa 2007 on PCs, so you are safe with your 60 dollar graphics card i would say.

A few things from a quick notice:

-Shooting the guy in the cave from a stealth made the other not to react (just like in Oblivion)
-The fighting mechanics/animations looks almost exactly same as Oblivion
- The character used the same fucking swords from Oblivon

The only difference I see from Oblivion is the 2 handed magic/sword combo stuff.

Everything else makes the whole game look like a heavily modded Oblivion.

:decline:

I want to see members crying and whining after the first few hours with Skyrim, how they were screwed again.
:love:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I...I read the title as Skyway's Huge Epic Fantasy... :lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
Lord Haw Haw said:
Could the male host have been any more embarrassingly enthusiastic. He must be at least 30.

Gaming industry is meant to attract the idiots and scare away everyone that has enough brians to be embarrassed, duh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom