Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

denizsi

Arcane
Mastermind said:
you can have the same spell in both hands for a bonus.

That's actually a pretty good mechanic unless you can raise your skill levels / damage output / etc. to the point of negating any difference between the two with enhanced item bonuses.

denizsi

Arcane
Lyric Suite said:
Mastermind said:
esskyrimscan10.jpg

:incline:

Whoaw, did they finally hire another modeler? I guess Obsidian won't have as many problems with their expansion to Fallout 4.

Nords were the only non-magical race in TES, right? That coupled with the scandinavian allusions, I'd expect lots of white supremacist separatism and magical prejudices for that fine political chaos effect in my Skyrim but noo, dragons and chosen ones are the shit now.

Fucking assholes. How can one single company can be given the power to hurt people so double-fold with two fucking franchises? It should be crime.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I'm still trying to have some hope that I will like Skyrim. I even liked Oblivion with mods to fix level scaling and a few other irritating things...

But after seeing this poll its pretty clear who their new fan base is. It's not that I didn't realize it before but I guess I was just hoping for something for us old time RPG fans to still remain.

I mean I realize to stay in the video game business you have to appeal to the younger crowd because that's where the majority of players are but man when I was a kid games were still a challenge and werent the crappy action games were getting now.

Im 36 and have been playing RPG's since Ultima III came out in 1983 and I have a bad feeling this might be the Elder Scrolls that causes me to move on to something else. I hope Im wrong though. Mostly worried about them removing Attributes and further slide the series into the action category.

Check out the this poll, vast majority of people on the fan forum are under 25

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... -released/

I feel old :x

circ

Arcane
I think you mean you feel retarded. There is no way in fuck you can turn Oblivion into anything resembling an RPG with all the mods in the world. It's a vast adventure game. A vast adventure game, where everone looks like the same frogface and talks alike and where exploring dungeons is pointless.

denizsi

Arcane
circ said:
I think you mean you feel retarded. There is no way in fuck you can turn Oblivion into anything resembling an RPG with all the mods in the world. It's a vast adventure game. A vast adventure game, where everone looks like the same frogface and talks alike and where exploring dungeons is pointless.

There are quest and adventure mods which are enjoyable but they also have the virtue of cutting most if not all association with the vanilla game and TES. Otherwise agreed. You can replace Oblivion but you can't enhance it.

kasmas

Educated
OB was blue balls made into a game, from what i read here and there V will be a shit scaled waste of potential as usual .
I am very interested on how crafted shit will scale to your level tho.

And to hell with dragons , it is time for devs to think of something new Numidium wise .

Imbecile

Arbiter
TES idiot said:
Radiant Story - stuff like this sounds good in theory, but turns into a complete nuisance in actual gameplay. Just make it simple, and give me the option to do all the quests no matter what my race, class, background, in-game decisions, etc. I hate hate HATE being cut off from a quest because of some decision I made in game. Very disappointed by this aspect.

:retarded:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imbecile said:
TES idiot said:
Radiant Story - stuff like this sounds good in theory, but turns into a complete nuisance in actual gameplay. Just make it simple, and give me the option to do all the quests no matter what my race, class, background, in-game decisions, etc. I hate hate HATE being cut off from a quest because of some decision I made in game. Very disappointed by this aspect.

Gentlemen, we have found the anti-codex.

MDH

Novice
I remember back in the day when the Codex would have seen through and chuckled alongside a patently sarcastic post such as that.

Actually no, wait-

Merlutz

Novice
Sleign said:
More action and epic fighting doesn't make it less of an RPG. I'm not sure why people are correlating the old paper and pencil aspects of an RPG (Attributes) to being an RPG. They don't have to have stats that you put points into to be an RPG. An RPG consists of three things, World, Gameplay and Story. Oblivion had the perfect world, which is obviously being transferred over to skyrim, they are revamping the gameplay and it seems like it is going to be epic and brutal (hurray!) and of course story, which Morrowind had the perfect story. Now if they can combine a world like Oblivions, a story like Morrowind's and the gameplay they have described then this game is an RPG and a damn good one at that.

Sleign said:
An RPG consists of three things, World, Gameplay and Story

KalosKagathos

Learned
Mastermind said:
You whisper words of power.
Then Words of Power is how they should've named the system, is all I'm saying. Not as catchy and marketable as DRAGON SHOUTS, but it has more to do with the actual mechanic.
Merlutz said:
Sleign said:
Ouch. It's more difficult to find a game that doesn't fit the definition than one that does.

DraQ

Arcane
Merlutz said:
Sleign said:
More action and epic fighting doesn't make it less of an RPG. I'm not sure why people are correlating the old paper and pencil aspects of an RPG (Attributes) to being an RPG. They don't have to have stats that you put points into to be an RPG. An RPG consists of three things, World, Gameplay and Story. Oblivion had the perfect world, which is obviously being transferred over to skyrim, they are revamping the gameplay and it seems like it is going to be epic and brutal (hurray!) and of course story, which Morrowind had the perfect story. Now if they can combine a world like Oblivions, a story like Morrowind's and the gameplay they have described then this game is an RPG and a damn good one at that.

Sleign said:

Xor said:
Imbecile said:
TES idiot said:

Gentlemen, we have found the anti-codex.

Unleash the skyway.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
Suchy said:
My God, those chairs cast shadows!
Suddenly everybody forgot the OB preview vids with the ribcage casting dynamic shadows and some scripted bestiality scene.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Freelance Henchman said:
esskyrimscan10.jpg

Looks like I'll be buying this after all. :smug:

And it won't take long until the nude mods appear I'd wager. :smug:

Except for the better faces, character models and clothing looks very similar to Oblivion.

Interior decoration, too. And we can't know for sure if those shadows are real or just photoshopped.

Remember Oblivion pre-release screenshots.

denizsi

Arcane
Pre-release Oblivion screenshots were the real deal, before they trimmed the graphics. It's in the videos, too. Everybody knows it.

Mech

Cipher
denizsi said:
Pre-release Oblivion screenshots were the real deal, before they trimmed the graphics. It's in the videos, too. Everybody knows it.

Stop being such a buzzkill. Geez.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom