Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Bahamut

Arcane

139936943461.gif

Thank you for reminding me how much i hate "TES fans"

imweasel

VA is as horrendous as in Oblivion and F3.
Are you shitting me? Skyrim's voice acting is just mediocre, Oblivion's cast sound like they took a short bus to the studio, they're no where near on the same level.
Voice acting in both games is total shit, it is just even shittier in Oblivion.

Bethesda's games have the worst voice acting (and animation work) in the entire "AAA" gaming industry.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It doesn't help that they keep hiring the same people again and again.

Delterius

Arcane
Some videos (there are 3, open on youtube to find all) about AI on games that use Skyrim as a case study. I hope it can be an interesting watch for some of the damned who still care:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Since FNV is pretty much a fully realized game mechanics-wise anyone who plays it for multiple playthroughs will come to the conclusion that there really isn't any need for a lot of mods to "fix" the game; the game doesn't need fixing.

The only mods I use nowadays on the (now) very rare occasions I fire up FNV are:

1) 50% slower backpedal speed. This is a very subtle change that affects the core game experience. No more kiting enemies by running backwards and shooting. You need to bob and weave and/or strategise your mobility.

2) Stimpaks (and all AID/CHEMS) are 1.0lbs in weight. No more 80 stimpaks weighing 0 pounds and being "free". When you go out to adventure and take 40 stimpaks with you then that's 40 fucking pounds you need to account for inside your inventory. Should've been like this from the start; besides if I remember correctly FO1 and FO2 Stimpaks weighed something.

3) Very rare probability of ammo, chems and aid items to spawn inside containers. Self-explenatory.

4) Nerfed Barter skill. Self-explenatory. 50% as potent; no more becoming rich by buying and selling back to the same person.

That's it. Those are the only mods I consider "core" or "necessary" to improve the FNV experience. Now for the point of this shitpost:

To all you Skyrim aficionados who've dug through the Skyrim nexus page by page, entry by entry, just like I've done with the FNV nexus: what 5 mods are necessary to improve the core experience?

Think hard about my question. I'm not asking for graphics mods, or texture mods, or colour mods, or starry night sky mods, or cut-content mods...

I'm asking you what mods ENHANCE or "repair" the underlying game mechanics in order to make the playing experience more coherent. Think very hard! Potatoes for anyone who answers :)

fucking quality post

edit: Jaesun you fucker now I look silly

Well, since I'm here might as well post some of my latest adventures.

Decided to see the intro in third-person. Looking good...

9i3uLh.jpg

Err, nevermind. I slide to the block instead of walking, too.

knLtCu.jpg

Okay, here's Riverwood...what's that?

3Hyivv.jpg

C'mon, there aren't so many patrons you can't do one thing at a time.

f6wETG.jpg

What is a RPG, Hjoromir?

k7f3wn.jpg

...and he reveals that he really wants to be an adventurer. I ask him to demonstrate what he knows about swordfighting. I'm surprised when he actually pulls a sword and starts swinging at the air while he speaks. Then a woman walks past us and gets slashed :lol:

bmAo8p.jpg

He quickly gets back to work pretending nothing happened.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Goddamnit I originally posted that independantly of this thread so that it wouldn't get lost in this shitstorm of a thread. Some idiot merged it thereby ensuring my question will never get adequately answered. Now I'll have to make more posts.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I genuinely laughed in disbelief when i played the Dragonborn expansion and went to Solstheim (it sucked) and the first main quest dungeon was... a giant copy-pasted draugr tomb like any you would visit at random in the vanilla game. It's so shameless it's incredible.

I maintain that Skyrim is much better than Oblivion, possibly despite Bethesda's intentions, because with the right mods it can become a pretty fun mindless action sandbox. That's no real credit to Bethesda themselves, though, they just happened to provide a slightly less broken and terrible base game for actually talented people to build on.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I genuinely laughed in disbelief when i played the Dragonborn expansion and went to Solstheim (it sucked) and the first main quest dungeon was... a giant copy-pasted draugr tomb like any you would visit at random in the vanilla game. It's so shameless it's incredible.
I take it you didn't play the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind? :P

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
the place is supposed to be a weird eldritch half-there temple to the godhead that wasn't there in Bloodmoon. Like, that's not some lore background, they outright say that's what it is. Then you go inside and it's a generic Skyrim dungeon. Also it doesn't look like the ones in bloodmoon, it's literally copy-pasted from a random Skyrim dungeon because they couldn't be arsed.

I dropped an item on the ground while I was managing my inventory. A passing imperial patrol took notice and started fighting over it ("That's mine now!", "Not if I get it first!"), they are so busy with their brawl that I can pick it back up unmolested. One person died. Then the captain arrives(he was a little behind them for some reason, probably fighting a wolf or something), checks the body and says "Oh, what happened?". Then one of the soldiers (maybe the murderer himself) says "I'm gonna catch the one who did this". Smooth as fuck :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luzur

Good Sir
the place is supposed to be a weird eldritch half-there temple to the godhead that wasn't there in Bloodmoon. Like, that's not some lore background, they outright say that's what it is. Then you go inside and it's a generic Skyrim dungeon. Also it doesn't look like the ones in bloodmoon, it's literally copy-pasted from a random Skyrim dungeon because they couldn't be arsed.

is it the one you dig up with a work crew?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom