Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim has full-sentence dialogue options.

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
Zed said:
put up a fucking mirror video

happy now, you piece of fucking shit?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Of all the issues I had with Oblivion the dialogs ranked fairly low in terms of factors that made it a poor game. Not like you could get much worse than the influence mini-game, anyway.

- Hail to thee, I'm looking for a dragon, middle aged one. Hast thou seen it?

- Forsooth, I hath seen flying serpent beast thou art looking for fighting a bad fight with he's breath near Faggard.

Shit, can't do any better.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah cool full sentence dialogue sweet.

But what I got from the video: Horse animations are just as shit as Oblivion (there was an IGN article that actually praised it: "...the way the horses animate with a noticeable sense of weight to each hoof step as you ride them up rocky passes into hostile territory") and the inventory and skills UI is blatantly designed for gamepads with its one item at a time listing crap (Twitcher 2 did it too), wish they would have made it based around mouse/keyboard navigation (though to be fair, it's still possible they would have made a different setup for PC version...unlikely though).

Still buy.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Full-sentence dialogue is not incline when we're talking about Bethesda or BioWare.

edit: animations are still shit.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Yeah, I do like me a hiking sim. It looks pretty nice, and if they can fix the levelling, and make levelling up work in a sensible way I'll be happy (Ditching major skills and attribute multipliers is a good move imo).

I hold no hope at all for the dialogue, plot and characters. Bethesda just cannot into writing.

MidgetGrant

Novice
So basically, by the looks of it, this is even less of an RPG than Oblivion, and even more of an action game and strolling simulator.

Well, not really surprising since it fits the overall pattern in the Elder Scrolls series perfectly.
A fine and steady downhill tumble from the PC RPG genre as each title passes.

Bethesda should really do something about that RPG label now.
Yes Todd, I like how I can be "whoever I want in this game."

I can like be this one guy who like, enjoys taking walks around the world and look at the pretty skybox, and I can also be this one dude who likes to fight big monsters!
Shit, the possibilities are endless and so diverse.

Oh wait I also forgot I can kill all these bland NPCs that don't affect the rest of the game at all.
Except the important ones, they just get unconscious, because after all, that action would affect the game.

baronjohn

Cipher
I thought the wiki system in Morrowind was fine tbh.

Also, with Rage and Prey 2, Bethpizda is quickly inclining over its lowest point into a somewhat decent publisher again. Maybe Skyrim won't be so bad.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
F03 was shit and all FNV :incline: was made by Obsidian and moders, so Srajm will be banal shit boring too. But seeing how DA2 and TW2 RPG mechanics are derped down compared to their ascendents the :decline: is not only Bethpizda problem. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom