Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim hands on at Eurogamer.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Probably the first time a previewer got to play the game. Guess he really got panicked though since apart from all the praise he's really not telling us a lot. Still, I'm sure some creative souls here can mine this for hilarious quotes. I liked this one.

you will get to take your time playing with the character creator, running your fingers through the long grass and listening to water rushing downriver before you even have to think about following one of those tempting icons that keeps flashing up on your compass.

Holy handholding! No surprises there. I'm pretty sure it will be a pretty little hiking sim though.

Navigating the dungeon is no trouble. Skyrim's overworld map is in 3D and gives you unambiguous top-down 2D layouts for dungeons, but despite its name Bleak Falls is colourful and diverse – caves filled with running water sparkle with iridescence, the spider's lair is warmed by lattices of bright and intricate webbing, while burning torches illuminate the dusty catacombs and send flickering soft shadows cascading over the time-hewn curves of stone stairways.

Nothing on the animations though. Bethesda always sucked at those and from that gameplay vid they showed it still looked as crummy as possible. Especially the animations of people and monsters falling and being tossed around.

Project: Eternity
This just looks like an expansion pack for Oblivion. And yeah, animations do look atrocious once again. I still have "Gamebryo poisoning" from New Vegas, really not sure if I can stomach yet another shot of that "goodness". :?

circ

Arcane
Trash said:
Nothing on the animations though. Bethesda always sucked at those and from that gameplay vid they showed it still looked as crummy as possible. Especially the animations of people and monsters falling and being tossed around.
Didn't pay attention to any of the usual bullshit from the Todd. Because goddamn it just looks like shit and boring to the max extreme. Also, did FP combat look this shitty in MW and Oblivious?

Project: Eternity
Morrowind combat was very weird because it was basically a dice roll to determine if you even hit, even if you see the animation. Oblivion took that away and was always-hit if your weapon connects. This looks exactly like Oblivion combat.

Devil

Scholar
FatCat said:
If AI will be as they promised and we will get at least half-decent writing , game still might turn out p.decent.
What are you? Stupid?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Well, it's not like this one can be worse than DA2...

Anyway, Skyrim will most likely be more enjoyable than Oblivion, if FO3 is any indication. Although it will be whole new level of dumbing down, the game has a slim chance of being salvageable with mods, unlike Bioware's stuff.

Also:

12/12/2010: Skyrim is totally not gamebryo.

11/11/2011: Skyrim is totally gamebryo with BLOOM!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Considering how well Oblivion sold, this is likely to be Oblivion 2 except without some of the stupid bullshit like level-scaled loot. It will likely take the best aspects of Fallout 3 and Oblivion to become some new beast.

MCA
Yep, because OB took the best aspects of MW.

When did we get a lot of retarded underages some of whom think Oblivion was ok and actually have positive expectations from Skyrimjob?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Can't wait to equip my Runeboy and go kill a scale-leveled dragon with my starting dagger.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
luckily for us skyrim will be designed for roleplayers unlike diablo 3 which is just a mindless game about killing things

YourConscience

Scholar
Menckenstein said:
Can't wait to equip my Runeboy and go kill a scale-leveled dragon with my starting dagger.

This.

Also, for comparison, remember the starting dungeon in Daggerfall. Where even the rat in the starting room was dangerous for weak starting mage characters. And where liches were dangerous even to very high-level characters if caught unaware.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Freelance Henchman said:
FatCat said:
at least half-decent writing

Does that seem very likely? Do they have a different team now than the ones that perpetrated Oblivion and Fallout 3?

There was nothing wrong with Oblivion's writing.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
YourConscience said:
Where even the rat in the starting room was dangerous for weak starting mage characters.

Sounds like a great well balanced game we should seek to emulate whenever possible. :smug:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
They announced the Skyrim collector's edition on facebook. Looks like it comes with a statue of a rune wall with a dragon perched on top of it as well as a large book that I assume is full of artwork I'll never actually look at more than once (like every other shitty CE out there).

Twinkle

Liturgist
Surf Solar said:
Mastermind said:
Freelance Henchman said:
FatCat said:
at least half-decent writing

Does that seem very likely? Do they have a different team now than the ones that perpetrated Oblivion and Fallout 3?

There was nothing wrong with Oblivion's writing.

:retarded:

youreadumb.jpg

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom