Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Hellion

Arcane
Indeed the endgame arrives pretty abruptly. When the world ended in my playthrough I even had 2 questlines unresolved (Nontraya the Taker god story, plus "the song that we all forgot" or something like that), and it didn't even matter in the end. The individual choices you make along the way don't play any real part in the end other than helping your short-term survival, I think you might be able to get a good ending even if you appease the chaos gods or oppose the existence of a tribe under the established line of kings.

But this development is still preferable to the first Six Ages where you had to perform a quest in the exact one and only way in order to finish the game, and even one wrong choice lead to failure. And it is a pretty harrowing experience overall, seeing your food sources gradually run out and all the clans around you disappearing one by one etc.

PS. Has any reviewer used the phrase "SA2 is the DARK SOULS of KoDP games" yet? I'm going to coin the phrase.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
> Son of my ring member lady reaches adulthood and claims he's a woman now.
Oh... oh no...

> Years later the tranny steals an infant from a neighbouring clan and claims he gave a birth to it. Everyone has mixed memories about this because the reality is falling apart.
LMAO! This is bold.

>Conduct a spirit divination with a renowned shaman. It's free, what's the harm.
The owl spirits say the kid is his.

:hmmm:
The lights are truly going out...

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
You Vs. The Guy She Told You Not to Worry About

urox.jpg

Hellion

Arcane
>Conduct a spirit divination with a renowned shaman. It's free, what's the harm.
The owl spirits say the kid is his.

This must be random-generated, in my playthrough the owl spirits said that the tranny should return the kid to its rightful parents.

PS. Humakt must be the most OP god of all, if you have Humakt Ring members with Heroic combat skills you can pretty much send them anywhere and they just hack the problem to pieces.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
I finally bought Ride Like the Wind.
Perfect genre for playing during slow days at work.
Not sure why I didn't start with this one. I guess End of the World setting grabbed my attention more.

Or maybe the thought of playing as Yelm-adjacent stickpickers disgusted me...

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Wait... that's it?
I thought there will be more after the wedding!
Welp. That was fooking short.

Lights Going Out is much better than Ride Like the Wind. The only thing better in Wind is early game management.

Terra

Cipher
Wait... that's it?

Lights Going Out is much better than Ride Like the Wind. The only thing better in Wind is early game management.
Yeah, the only thing I thought was worse in Lights Going Out was I spent a disproportionate amount of time battling against food shortage versus anything else in the game. Obviously, that is a big part of the game plot wise, but there were times where I was spending the overwhelming majority of the year just firefighting on the food front to such an extent that it perhaps hindered my ability to explore some other aspects of the game.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Wait... that's it?

Yeah, the only thing I thought was worse in Lights Going Out was I spent a disproportionate amount of time battling against food shortage versus anything else in the game. Obviously, that is a big part of the game plot wise, but there were times where I was spending the overwhelming majority of the year just firefighting on the food front to such an extent that it perhaps hindered my ability to explore some other aspects of the game.
Cheese is the solution.
I mean the literal cheese, not cheesy tactics.
Steal all the cows you can get.

All my tribe eats is cheese. Cheese soup, roast cheese, steamed cheese, braised cheese in cheese sauce, cheese in the basket with sauted cheese, cheese meringue pie, milk and cheese sorbet...
We seat on cheese, we sleep in cheese, we feed the cat with cheese, we burn cheese, we even wear the bloody thing.

Praise Uralda.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom