Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silk Road Online

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
Some of you might know of its existence, but here's the link for the ones who don't:

http://www.silkroadonline.net/

It's free and it should be fun if you're into MMORPGs like WoW.

Section8

Cipher
Has anyone tried and enjoyed this? It seems very much rooted in the asian market, and I can't think of a surer way to kill the social aspects I enjoy than with a daunting language barrier.

Also, I can't seem to find anything to indicate what the actual gameplay is like. The quick guide basically just says "click to move, click to attack", while the screenshots ("Let's Feel Feeling of movement with Screen Shot!") and movies seem more geared to showing off the visuals than any actual gameplay.

merry andrew

Erudite
I played it for a few hours. You go around and kill stuff and sometimes you'll be offered a quest in which you can kill stuff AND get a bonus reward for it (my first quest was to kill 40 of one type of adversary). The PvP aspect seems interesting in that as soon as I walked out of the front gate of the starting area there were high-level people bashing away at each other.

DarkSign

Erudite
Yes. I brought this up in a thread awhile back. People complained about it being full, but they've opened several servers since then.

PvP is decent and worth a try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom