Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Siege of Avalon

Texas Red

Whiner
This game went completely unnoticed. We had a thread here a while ago but nobody really had anything to say. If you played it, what's your opinion on it? Can you give a short description of gameplay?

EDIT: I read the Gamespy review and it seems like this is a truly unnoticed gem. The reviewer stresses the importance of dialogs and claims that no other RPG has so much reading.

I call upon the Shit Games Liberation Front and True Codex Patriots to make a let's play thread of this game.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I played it a bit and didnt get that far.

From what I saw, its basically a linear story driven romp with no C&C or open exploration. What I didn't like was you dont have any real choices in what happens or in dialog, you basically click next and do what your told.

I have a hard time playing games that force you on your path.

That being said the story and the artwork was rather good.

Balor

Arcane
Well, it was a good IDEA of a combat - I especially liked multiple damage types done by weapons. But execution was kinda meh and in the end it was BORING.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First chapter was a lot of fun, but I didn't get any further. Probably still have the CDs lying around somewhere in my house, gotta dig them out again.

Beans00

Erudite
I loved it, very fun but very hard in certain area's. There isn't a whole lotof c&c but the quests are pretty good, it isnt that linear, most of the game is optional.

its a 9/10 game imo.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Beans00 said:
I loved it, very fun but very hard in certain area's. There isn't a whole lotof c&c but the quests are pretty good, it isnt that linear, most of the game is optional.

its a 9/10 game imo.

Hmm it felt very linear from what I remember, i think I got to some caves or something north of the castle.

Did I just not play it long enough?

mondblut

Arcane
Saxon1974 said:
Hmm it felt very linear from what I remember, i think I got to some caves or something north of the castle.

It's an "episodic" game, and half of the episodes are optional. From what I remember (only played it midway through episode 2), episodes 3-5 are each geared for particular character class, a fighter, a mage and a thief.

1-2 and 6 are linear.

A user named cat

The game was alright, but overall quite uninteresting. The combat also becomes broken later in from what I remember, the enemy spells were fucking outrageous and you couldn't survive them.

If you really want to play it, Underground-Gamer has it because I'm pretty sure you won't find it available to purchase outside of gay eBay. Could be wrong though.

Texas Red

Whiner
Can someone who played it compare it to other RPGs? Say, is it more enjoyable than game x.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I've played it. It was ok, but boring.

Negative:
It was a story-driven game only the story wasn't very interesting. Subjective, I know, but that's the point most people agree on. Following the linear storyline without any options was boring.

Primitive, uninspiring combat. Click on an enemy until one of you is dead. No special attacks or combat abilities.

Plenty of bugs and glitches.

Positive:
The inventory system was very detailed. Not the Elder Scolls style, but layers of clothes and armor. So you could wear a leather jacket, a metal breastplate on top of it, and a cloak. Nice damage system.

Don't recall the character system (probably nothing memorable), but the game had a lot of detailed traits you could get in-game.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are bored out of your mind.

Beans00

Erudite
Saxon1974 said:
Beans00 said:

its a 9/10 game imo.

Sounds like chapter 2, yeah the first 2 chapters are fairly linear, chapter 3 was a wide open forest to roam around.

chapter 4 was fairly open also.

Chapter 5 is just plain fucked up and chapter six is linear but it is just the end game really so it doesn't matter to much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom