Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sid Meier:Civ Facebook

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Now, Meier is ready to take to the pages of Facebook with an incarnation of the franchise called "Civilization World." Developers hope to have the game up and running this summer.

"It's been the most dramatic stretch for the game, I'd have to say, so far," he said.

"We really weren't looking to make a quote-unquote 'Facebook game'," he said. "We were looking at what does Facebook bring us that is unique, that we can leverage and take advantage of with 'Civilization'-style game play."

Meier said there were things that a Facebook game can offer Civ players over a traditional PC game. Connections with friends and a world with potentially hundreds of millions of players provided fuel for the development team to re-imagine the classic strategy game.

Et tu, Sid? Kill me now.

Achilles

Arcane
Fuck Facebook and its "games. Fuck social, fuck casual, fuck other people.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jigawatt said:
I hate the gaming industry. Hate it hate it hATE IT HAAATTETEEE

Thank god they can't take the old games away, though I'm quite sure it's been tried

Don't worry. The tv model is coming soon.

LordDenton

Augur
This is a prime example of:

2573l0x.gif

:decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline:

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

MMXI

Arcane
micmu said:
Didn't see this one coming. No, sir. :roll:
re-imagine the classic strategy game.
"re-imagine" has been used, again. FUCKING DIE YOU SCUMMY PIECE OF SHIT
I think you need to re-imagine the word "re-imagine". :M

MetalCraze

Arcane
look guise Imma shouting DECLINE Imma shouting DECLINE!!!

It isn't like Sid Meier doesn't develop Civ games since the first one and Civ5 was a facebook-level dumbed down shit I just want to cry DECLINE!!

racofer

Thread Incliner
Metro said:
Now, Meier is ready to take to the pages of Facebook with an incarnation of the franchise called "Civilization World." Developers hope to have the game up and running this summer.

"It's been the most dramatic stretch for the game, I'd have to say, so far," he said.

"We really weren't looking to make a quote-unquote 'Facebook game'," he said. "We were looking at what does Facebook bring us that is unique, that we can leverage and take advantage of with 'Civilization'-style game play."

Meier said there were things that a Facebook game can offer Civ players over a traditional PC game. Connections with friends and a world with potentially hundreds of millions of players provided fuel for the development team to re-imagine the classic strategy game.

Et tu, Sid? Kill me now.
294pclk.gif

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i don't mind ...it was quite shallow enough already...with 2 gfx it'll work just dandy imo.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
racofer said:
http://i51.tinypic.com/294pclk.gif

I've seen a non-animated one where this happens but once he breaks out of the universe he warps back into time and becomes the sperm that goes through life and grows into an adult and...the wheel turns again.

MMXI said:
I think you need to re-imagine the word "re-imagine". :M

Inno-vention

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So Civ 5 wasnt already a facebook game? Huh, man learns something new every day.

Luzur

Good Sir
Metro said:

2h685mx.jpg

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Sid stopped doing anything! worth noting somewhere back in the early nineties. Who cares now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom