Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shovelware Alert: Realms of Arkania HD Remake released in unplayable state

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hah, wait a moment...
Crafty Studios is an Austrian studio, not a German one! Same country JoWood came from.

The game (...) crashes frequently with messages like this:
Code:
Failed executing javascript(Syntax Error: Mismatched closing token in expression):[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]function hasresponse(which){return(which==1)||getQuestState("schick_call')==2;);) of Magistrat Thorwal[2]
So they used JavaScript as the scripting language, which is definitely advised against wherever you ask. First of all, because JS is just a terrible language as it almost forces you to write bad code, and secondly because it is said to be much more unstable than C# or Unity's "own" language (Boo or something like that).
They didn't even try to get into C#, then. I am stuck somewhere between amazement and shock.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
When are we getting RoA HD portraits? No I don't mean the player portraits, I mean
2QQqnK.png

Downloading a 350mb update now. I wonder what it contains...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/237550/discussions/0/846960481981291570/

IvanErtlov [desenvolvedor(a)]há 9 horas
Apology & next steps
First of all, I am neither a publishers nor a developers spokesman, and my CM times were over a long time ago. I am now speaking as helping hand of the dev team and coordinator of the next patching efforts.

Let me apologize first. It was in no way intended to deliver the game with a load of bugs, glitches and errors, and I fully understand the outrage of every single player who played the game now and stumbled upon problems that shouldn´t be present in ANY released version. There is no time for and no sense in blameshifting, so I can only tell you the truth. We ran during the work on the Day1 patch into unexpected troubles. Severe unexpected troubles that costed many days of otherwise productive bugfixing and optimization work. I know that the release should have been delayed by the lost time (+ an additional security timeframe), but that is not the developers decision.

However, we are tackling the issues fast, and we hit them pretty good. (As former American football champ I like the words "tackling" and "hit" here). This means, we will give you DAILY updates and fixes, and we will adress many of the issues during the next days.

The first patch today will already bring relieve to many of you, and you can look up the plan for the next days here:

http://forum.schicksalsklinge.com/index.php?page=Board&boardID=93

And I will keep you updated on a daily base untill all is done and good.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Cross posting:
Patch 1.04 - July 31st, 2013 (8pm GMT+1)

• Fights: Fix random Crashes
  • Fights: Remember Player Avatar setup
  • Fights: Fix Turn and Zoom buttons
  • Character: All-to-Parry fix for new Characters
  • Character: Fix delete Character despite of Cancel
  • Character: Fix Scrollbar on Load Character after first refresh
  • Character: Remove Levelup positive attribute can fail
  • Lore Talents: Levelup max improve 3 points instead of 2
  • Character: Magician can now increase his schooled skills 3x
  • Character: After Levelup Display Bugs removed
  • Tavern: Fix stealing response text, fix cheating result (latter: german only)
  • Translation: fix half-translated character screen
  • Trader: 999D Bug fixed
  • Character: Fix Editor messing up Character Images - not reproduceable anymore
  • Fights: Fix Camping Fightstart problems
  • Villages: Guards in Thorwal changed
  • Villages: Rovik Harbor update
  • Trader:Fixed choose but don’t pay for Items
  • Fights: Changed Damagetype of Ignifaxius from Magical to Fire

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Hah, wait a moment...
Crafty Studios is an Austrian studio, not a German one! Same country JoWood came from.

The game (...) crashes frequently with messages like this:
Code:
Failed executing javascript(Syntax Error: Mismatched closing token in expression):[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][INDENT=2][INDENT=2]function hasresponse(which){return(which==1)||getQuestState("schick_call')==2;);) of Magistrat Thorwal[2]
So they used JavaScript as the scripting language, which is definitely advised against wherever you ask. First of all, because JS is just a terrible language as it almost forces you to write bad code, and secondly because it is said to be much more unstable than C# or Unity's "own" language (Boo or something like that).
They didn't even try to get into C#, then. I am stuck somewhere between amazement and shock.

The problem is "schick_call'. Can't start that string with " and then end it with '. But that's p. advanced programmer knowledge, therefor it's completely understandable that such errors happen to a new upstart studio of former web-programmers who were mainly doing html and stuff.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well... stuff like that happens (typos, I mean), and I can relate to string-related bugs, many of my errors come from me typing something important wrong within a string.
And I can see that an IDE does not check for mismatched closing tokens around strings (probably only checks for " or ')... though it probably should.
How anyone can seriously claim that such errors did not appear during testing is completely beyond me, though.

Maybe they just tested another game.

pusheax

Novice
First of all, because JS is just a terrible language as it almost forces you to write bad code, and secondly because it is said to be much more unstable than C# or Unity's "own" language (Boo or something like that).
Unity3D is using UnityScript as default language which is based on JavaScript.
Such errors should be caught at compile time(unityScript is compiled in bytecode).
So this makes no sense. Are they using javascript on top of engine developed in Unity3D? Then the language will be dynamic and this error can happen but it's very unlikely.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The music in the video they posted - I can only assume it's in-game - is sounds like someone put it there for parody purposes. :lol:

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The music in the video they posted - I can only assume it's in-game - is sounds like someone put it there for parody purposes. :lol:

Yeah, it sounds like MIDI music from the 90s or something.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Well... stuff like that happens (typos, I mean), and I can relate to string-related bugs, many of my errors come from me typing something important wrong within a string.
And I can see that an IDE does not check for mismatched closing tokens around strings (probably only checks for " or ')... though it probably should.
How anyone can seriously claim that such errors did not appear during testing is completely beyond me, though.

Maybe they just tested another game.

Typos won't happen often if you use CTRL-C / CTRL-V whenever you can.

Gord

Arcane

Yeah, it sounds like MIDI music from the 90s or something.

No, it's just the same music the original RoA trilogy had.
I'm not sure right now if it's really BoD or the ST CD music, however.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is a good thing. They now have all the publicity they wished they had. I know what I have to do when I release my first game :smug:

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Cross post incoming:

Patch 1.05 - August 1st, 2013 (8pm GMT+2)

Character: Robes and Coats moved to “Coat” equipment slot
Fight: Fixed Fastness of Body Spell
Ambient: Footsteps Volume changed
Ambient: Spell Voiceovers activated
Texts: Update english Item descriptions
Camps: Spellcasting activated
Towns: Spellcasting activated
Dungeons: Spellcasting activated
Texts: Talent Descriptions
Placeholder: Map fixed
Questbook: Click closed the Screen - fixed
Questbook: Content Mismatch fixed
Character: Parry updated
Hostels: Rent-Time fixed

Work in progress (planed now for 1.06):
Fight: Implement flee Battles
Fight: Fix irritating weapon display discrepancies
Fight: Improve Action Feedback (Sounds, Texts)

Indranys

Savant
Can we at least have the portraits please.
Almost everything in the game is a mess, but surprisingly the portraits are cool.
So, the best thing in RoA remake is its character portraits?
Something that can be done beautifully in 90s, when 3D textures were still quite primitive and crude.
It's sad, but also kinda amusing at the same time. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom