Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should you play ME1 to play ME2?

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I think you can skip to ME2. There is a lot of quest specific stuff from ME1 and they show you more of the consequences of those actions in ME2 but I barely even remember most of the quests they were talking about in 2 since it was so long since I played 1. In essence I dunno.

Drakron

Arcane
Well true, ME2 is a corridor shooter as ME1 at least given SOME different paths ... like Virmine were you could get inside the base in 2 different ways.

Sure its not much but least is something.

Also mechanic-wise ME1 is superior for one reason, AT LEAST you had a reason to check the level up screen as ME2 is so bare-bones you really only going to bother with one thing and could not care about the rest, there is no variance on class play as they are about the same fucking thing, take cover and kill the enemies with your guns.

ME1 at least give us something to visit the level up screen, ME2 does not.

Also there are ... the mini-games, after a while in ME1 you had so much ommi-gel you could not care less and just ignored it, ME2 had no such thing as since you need credits to buy upgrades you have "do or die" mini-games (unless you need to beat them to advance the level, then its "do until you get it right") as you need the credits.

The only thing ME2 have better is a more polished script and some better characters.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLOLOLLO SHOULD WE GET AN XBOX OR A PS3 LOLLOLOLOL OR SHOULD WE JUST SUCK A DIUCK AND GET IT OVER WITH

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
SO TRUE BRO IT IS A NEW GAME IT IS SHITTY AT EVERYTHING HEY BRO WELCOME TO OUR CLUB YOU ARE SO COOL NOW

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Serious_Business said:
Play ME2 if you want to play a shitty shooter, play ME1 if you want to play a shitty rpg
Fixed :smug:

Drakron said:
Also there are ... the mini-games
Ugh. Yeah, the unskippable minigames in ME2 were a pain. The hacking one has got to be the most inane and boring mini-game this side of the action-RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom