Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SHOCKER: Cliffy B leaves Epic

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Did he work on Unreal (the first one). Because THAT was awesome.

In any case, the question will be what he is leaving to do. It's entirely possible he is tired of console shooters and wants to do something else.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Cliff Bleszinski ‏@therealcliffyb
That moment when you realize you can tweet whatever the hell you want now because the PR people can't yell at you any more = gold.

J1M

Arcane
Well he is kind of an impulsive dudebro, it's true, but if you have ever read or seen an interview with him on stuff like game and level design it's clear he knows his stuff.

I agree. I mean, I couldn't disagree more with his design philosophy, but I recall enjoying some of his interviews.
Gears of War was specifically designed to break the AAA stranglehold of FPS games on consoles. And now the 3rd person shooter is the 'platformer' of this generation.

Not bad for something that would have been fine as merely a tech demo.

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That moment when you realize you can tweet whatever the hell you want now because the PR people can't yell at you any more = gold.

If the follow-up to that was "Gears of War is kind of boring" I would brofist the fuck out of it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Of course. Now he can backpedal about POS he made and blame it all on Evil Publisher

Now that Evil Publisher isn't standing behind his back next thing he will be doing is Kickstarter for another Gears of War

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Also UT3 is injustly maligned.
Why?

If the follow-up to that was "Gears of War is kind of boring" I would brofist the fuck out of it.
Just like Molyneux did with Fable? And look at the new game he is making now... Makes Fable look like Fallout

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It would be incredibly Meta if CliffyB was inside the cube. Maybe he is leaving EPIC so that he can go inside the cube.

Marsal

Arcane
Cliff Bleszinski fired, but "with honor" as they say

Well news outlets are finally stating that Bleszinski is done with Epic Games and it of course has nothing to do with his ridiculous behavior and comments hes made recently (sarcasm).

The higher-ups didn't know how well a game would sell with his name anywhere near it so they let him go as part of a "damage control" plan they have.

I think it's good news. As soon as that moron opened his mouth up he should have known the big dogs were going to put him out.

It doesn't matter what the official report says or what he himself says, we all here know the truth about why he was let go: he's a financial mess because of his comments and (lack of) reputation in the gaming community.

Here's to hoping more idiots who run their mouths about Gamer's Rights being taken away get the boot as well.

The next round's on me!

Interesting...

Obviously only Roguey can tell us what really happened.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
:lol: CliffyB fired for being a punchline? Too good to be true.

Bring on TGVGC2k13

Angthoron

Arcane
Cliff Bleszinski fired, but "with honor" as they say

Well news outlets are finally stating that Bleszinski is done with Epic Games and it of course has nothing to do with his ridiculous behavior and comments hes made recently (sarcasm).

The higher-ups didn't know how well a game would sell with his name anywhere near it so they let him go as part of a "damage control" plan they have.

I think it's good news. As soon as that moron opened his mouth up he should have known the big dogs were going to put him out.

It doesn't matter what the official report says or what he himself says, we all here know the truth about why he was let go: he's a financial mess because of his comments and (lack of) reputation in the gaming community.

Here's to hoping more idiots who run their mouths about Gamer's Rights being taken away get the boot as well.

The next round's on me!

Interesting...
Source? And what comments has he been making recently?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I must be missing something here: isn't Jazz Jackrabbit some platform shit like Mario and all the other console shit? Why does the codex fap in unison to platformers? What makes this different to all the other games for 8-10 year olds?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I must be missing something here: isn't Jazz Jackrabbit some platform shit like Mario and all the other console shit? Why does the codex fap in unison to platformers? What makes this different to all the other games for 8-10 year olds?

You're in General Gaming. The normal rules don't apply here.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Anyone who fondly remembers Jizz Junkrabbit never played it when it was current so it's all faux-nostalgia.

Shit game cashing in on the Rat Fink revival / EXTREME COOL DUDE ATTITUDE ANIMALS of the 80's/90's.

edit: I remember thinking it was a shitty Sonic / Biohazard (not RE)/ Duke Nukem ripoff and I got really mad at my friend who said it was good like Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom