Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Sentinel

Arcane
who the fuck is this? is this a new demon? kinda wacky but I like it
Seems to be based on a modern japanese urban legend

There is even a short film about it

Turbo-Granny (2017)

Didn't even know it existed till this daily demon showcase, but it seems she appeared for the first time in Soul Hacker 2

It's 1AM over here no way I'm watching this creepy pasta before going to bed lol. I'll look in the morning though.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
SMTV Vengeance Complete Guide 15 minutes video, featuring a lot of info, including 50 additions and changes to the game! Two days!

:bounce:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the heck? Cyberdemon whores?

:shredder:

Screenshot 2024-05-07 072537.jpg

d1r

Patron
Next three dailies have been "leaked".

Jack Forst, Nozuchi, and a new one called "Nyami Nyami"

domBsVt.jpeg

:nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters:

Elttharion

Learned
FIVE FUCKING MORE WEEKS!!!!
but how many more keys? would this make a good first SMT title? that's the boat I'm in
Well, so far, I have bought 14 copies. I was going for 20. Atlus better release some new material to get me EXCITED again!
Hey, if they manage to get you excited again I wouldnt mind a key too if, you are feeling generous. Last SMT game I played was Nocturne on the ps2. :love:

d1r

Patron
SMT5V_Shakan_01-scaled.jpg

New infos are out.

Some highlights:
  • Demi-Fiend can be recruited as Guest character after defeating him in his subquest
  • There are timed subquests in Tokyo, and in the Netherworld (moon phases, not main story progression timed)
  • Moral Transcendence essence allows you to level beyond LVL 100
    • Virtual Trainer allows you to challenge enemies above LVL 100 via Challenge Mode (that sadly is the LVL100+ content)
  • Godborne mode is NG+
    • The elements to be taken over are the same as in “reborn,” but the enemy demons that appear are greatly enhanced. Recommended for those seeking a new playing experience through extreme battles.

Japanese Info trailer in 5 hours:

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
hope this is another case of requiring to wait for ng+ save to have any challenge

1715312419732.png

well that sounds like a good challenge if starting from level 1
1715312492856.png

d1r

Patron
This game plans to unlock in approximately 4 weeks

Disappointed though that Guest characters will not appear in the Original route even though Tao for example is traversing with you in the 2nd area of Da'at. Shit would have been so easy to implement. Really a missed opportunity to spice the original campaign a little bit. :/

MakenBro

Literate
Disappointed though that Guest characters will not appear in the Original route even though Tao for example is traversing with you in the 2nd area of Da'at. Shit would have been so easy to implement. Really a missed opportunity to spice the original campaign a little bit. :/
That sucks, I won't bother with the original route again if the guests are exclusive to the new one.

In any case, the new demon.

Suicidal

Arcane
I've played Nocturne and Strange Journey. Should I play this or 4/Apocalypse next when I'm in the mood for more satanic Pokemon? I'm leaning towards this since I prefer to play games natively on PC rather than emulating and if the numbered entries don't have any interconnected stories I might just do that.

d1r

Patron
I've played Nocturne and Strange Journey. Should I play this or 4/Apocalypse next when I'm in the mood for more satanic Pokemon? I'm leaning towards this since I prefer to play games natively on PC rather than emulating and if the numbered entries don't have any interconnected stories I might just do that.
You can NEVER go wrong with SMTIV. Absolute kino game.

Suicidal

Arcane
Is it better than 5? Maybe I should start with 5 then cause it will be harder going from a better game to a worse game. Are there any story connections I might miss if I skip order?

d1r

Patron
Is it better than 5? Maybe I should start with 5 then cause it will be harder going from a better game to a worse game. Are there any story connections I might miss if I skip order?
No story connections. And they are both great games on their own where each game has its own particular weakness. But objectively speaking, most people would argue that SMTIV is the better overall game/experience compared to base SMTV. And I would say so too.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the main difference between SMT and Persona that Persona has the whole social sim thing going on and is (I think) about high school kids doing whatever?

That's only Persona 3 onwards. The main thematic difference of classic SMT vs Persona in general is so post apocalypse fiction with demons while Persona is Urban Fantasy mystery. Demon as party member in SMT vs Demon converted to Persona (in P1 and P2 all party members can change Persona freely like the MCs of 3 onwards).

MakenBro

Literate
Yo wtf, check 00:23. Looks like Nanashi from SMT4A.

it is probably Yoko in her Panagia form

Noticed. I expected to see it in the next PV, not in a random demon showcase.

Cleo's showcase, btw. Next is Gogmagog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom