Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sheeples! Buy 3 million copies of the next MoH... OR ELSE!

aron searle said:
Health regen doesnt mean it has to be easy.

No, but it does mean it has to be retarded.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Silellak said:
He's just stating the truth - if you want a sequel to a particular series, you should support that series, especially when that series is in financial trouble.
What? The guy asks for 3 mln copies. Even if devs will get 20 bucks from each 60 bucks they sell the game for it's $60 mln. With a real budget of a game that's, knowing EA and other MoH games which are all cheapass, probably $2 or 3 mlns max that's bullshit.

And the reason why nobody buys MoH is, well, because it sucks.

FYI, the guy quoted wasn't a developer, he's an executive producer. Very different job positions with very different roles.
Who cares? He speaks for the studio.

aron searle said:
Admittedly i only managed to grab 10 minutes round a mates house, but fuck it was 1-2 shots = death.

Except the difficulty goes from very easy to retarded. In a game where extremely dumb bots don't miss the only way in which they pump up the difficulty is by making you weaker?

You know in games that are not shit harder difficulty means smarter AI (and less retard helpers)

Dire Roach

Prophet
Silellak said:
He's just stating the truth - if you want a sequel to a particular series, you should support that series, especially when that series is in financial trouble. It's not blackmail; it's business. He could have phrased it better, sure, but he isn't wrong, and I almost appreciate the bluntness.
And by stating it so bluntly, the producer comes off as a whiny bitch. EA is showing colossal amounts of butthurt over CoD outselling MoH and it has driven them to use such desperate marketing tactics.

And once again, how did they determine the exact amount of units the game must sell in order to make a sequel? Three million seems like a pretty arbitrary number. Is two million not enough? Why not demand six? After all, if they can get double the budget to make the next game, it should be twice as good, according to that line of thought.

Anywho, I believe EA's implied statement with this is that they're planning to shut down the MoH series regardless after this next game since it's not worth milking any more. Good riddance.

Luzur

Good Sir
aron searle said:
How many of you have actually played MW2 on hardest setting?

Admittedly i only managed to grab 10 minutes round a mates house, but fuck it was 1-2 shots = death.

me and a friend finished those 2 player sidemissions (the ones with those almost unkillable armored solders.)over at his house and it was just ridiculous that a guy with plated armor could withstand 2 RPG rockets/C4 packs to the face.

it was kinda fun though, fighting 10 of them with only explosive weapons in some mexican shanty town.

chzr

Scholar
aron searle said:

because 'difficult' means when a game is throwing at you unlimited number of stupid bots that have 100% accuracy when you're in their line of sight until you hit a trigger that turns them off, covers it with health regen and calls itself 'immersive'... then yeah, it's difficult but i'd say it's cheap and retarded.

CrimHead

Scholar
Meh. The quality of BLOBERT's satire as of late has become just as shallow as the opinions he has been satirizing.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
CrimHead said:
Meh. The quality of BLOBERT's satire as of late has become just as shallow as the opinions he has been satirizing.

He just needs to get a bit more drunk\, that's all.

Drakron

Arcane
Luzur said:
it was kinda fun though, fighting 10 of them with only explosive weapons in some mexican shanty town.

Rio de Janeiro actually (that is Brazil).

What was fun was having then speak Portuguese and being nice enough to shout in ENGLISH what they are about to do, you know ... so THEIR ENEMY could understand them.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Silellak said:
He's just stating the truth - if you want a sequel to a particular series, you should support that series, especially when that series is in financial trouble.

Hey, it's like that thing i was telling myself when buying Dragon Age. :M

Topher

Cipher
chzr said:
aron searle said:

because 'difficult' means when a game is throwing at you unlimited number of stupid bots that have 100% accuracy when you're in their line of sight until you hit a trigger that turns them off, covers it with health regen and calls itself 'immersive'... then yeah, it's difficult but i'd say it's cheap and retarded.

It can also still be fun and that's what matters.

Drakron said:
Luzur said:

Rio de Janeiro actually (that is Brazil).

What was fun was having then speak Portuguese and being nice enough to shout in ENGLISH what they are about to do, you know ... so THEIR ENEMY could understand them.

Wow, really?

So its like: (random unintelligible gibberish) GRENADE! (more unintelligible gibberish)?

That is quite amusing in a :retarded: way.

aron searle

Arcane
chzr said:
aron searle said:

And the same way it's been done for since evar.

No one has been able to make decent AI, fucking national governments with trillion dollar budgets can't do it.

Drakron

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Wow, really?

So its like: (random unintelligible gibberish) GRENADE! (more unintelligible gibberish)?

That is quite amusing in a :retarded: way.

Kinda, they do speak perfect Brazilian Portuguese and even taunt in perfect Brazilian Portuguese (that is utter lost for the player if he does not know the language), its not gibberish.

waywardOne

Arcane
whatever the under is on 3 mil, they'll make up for by blaming pirates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom