Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sheeples! Buy 3 million copies of the next MoH... OR ELSE!

Dire Roach

Prophet
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/medal-of-honor-must-sell-3-million-copies-or-no-dice-on-sequel/
Medal of Honor executive producer Greg Goodrich has made it clear that unless the game does well, to the count of 3 million units, the idea of a sequel will be very unlikely.

Silly Jew, he should have asked for 5 million units at least! The game will sell much more than the specified ransom amount, unless it's destined to flop hard no matter what.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is what the industry is reduced to. Another great crash is coming.

Cassidy

Arcane
How do they expect to ressurect the franchise by simply copypasting Jewctivision formula for CoD? Unless they have the guts and conditions to implement real support to player-created multiplatform dedicated servers up to 64 players per match and for trying to add things that have been long overdue in MP for any WW2 game that won't suck. At the very least player-controlled tanks.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLLO.LO.LOLZ AT THE SHEEPLE

BRO YOU ARE SO EDGY THIS TOPOIC IS SUCH A SMART COMMENTARY

LOLLOLL..LO.LOL PUBLISHERS ACTUALLY HAVE TO SELL GFAMES TO MAKE A SEQUESL ALLOLLOOLLLOLL DECLKINE

BACK IUN THE EIGHTIES THEY WOULD ONLY MAKE A SEQUELT IF THE GAME DIDNT SELL

BRIOS IN FACT THE EARLIEST VIDEO GAME COMPANIES WERE NONPORFITS

LOLLOLLOLLOL BROS IF BULLSHIT WAS MONEY THIS FORUM WOULD BE RUICH LOLLOLLOL

Cassidy

Arcane
Alexandros said:
Medal of Honor used to be good :(

The first one was a console shooter, and it, like Goldeneye 64, had neither cover system nor regenerating health, so that "Hurr durr we did it because gamepads are bad for aiming" is pure bullshit. And Goldeneye 64 and Medal of Honor were as mainstream as one can think about(almost all my school friends knew about it), disproving the "Hurr durr if we make it without popamole cover system and regen health nobody will play" argument.

But forget it the facts above are all lies. Only the consoletards and the masses are to blame. Not untalented developers who know a traditional FPS is far more difficult to balance than the new shit and soulless and coward suits who would consider even one inch of innovation "too risky" while being lauded "enterpreneurs".

*edit: Either that or humanity as a whole is declining.

Drakron

Arcane
Cassidy said:
How do they expect to ressurect the franchise by simply copypasting Jewctivision formula for CoD?

By scare tactics it seems.

Medal of Honor used to mean something but as usually EA rested on its laurels and Call of Duty taken the throne.

Also it seems it will have dedicated servers that might steal CoD and MW2 players, depends on how other games will do and what this will offer.

I could not care less, shooters that involve fighting the Russians or the current enemy of the USA simply do not generate any interest from me as I could not care less about multiplayer.

entertainer

Arbiter
25275.jpg

no doubt it will sell

Topher

Cipher
Xor said:
This is what the industry is reduced to. Another great crash is coming.

I'd have to agree with this. It might sound all doom and gloom but to me at least it looks like the writing's on the wall. Eventually they will push budgets past the point were sales can keep up.

Achilles

Arcane
Cassidy said:
But forget it the facts above are all lies. Only the consoletards and the masses are to blame. Not untalented developers who know a traditional FPS is far more difficult to balance than the new shit and soulless and coward suits who would consider even one inch of innovation "too risky" while being lauded "enterpreneurs".

Actually, both the developer/publisher side and the consumer side are to blame. Developers look for the easiest way out, publishers just want to copy the current "big thing" but, in the end, it's the consumers who gobble it up and act like sheeple.

Regarding the gamepad= :retarded: point, it does affect the developers' decisions. However, an even more important factor is the audience demographics. Mainstream in1999 and mainstream in 2010 are two different things. 10 years ago, console gaming was still very much a hobby for kids and teens, who don't mind a challenge and can devote time in mastering the controls of a game.

Nowadays, the game companies need to cater to the wave of retards who started gaming when it became 'cool' (or less nerdy, whichever way you want to see it). These people can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time, much less play a relatively complex game (yes, for them a dumbed down FPS like MW2 is complex), hence the need for extreme 'streamlining'.

Tycn

Savant
This game is really quite shitty, even for a modern popamole shooter. I was privileged enough to try out the beta.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I still laugh when I remember reviewers complaining that MOH: Spearhead was just too short(It was 6hr long about 2 hours longer than all COD games after the first one, despite being just and expansion) and more of the same(no comment)!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Kicking ass and chewing bubblegum at the same time would require a control setup that, try as we might, we just couldn't translate to a comfortable gamepad layout. It's not 1998 anymore.

:lol:

EA hasn’t skimped out on developing the game. The reboot has been given the full treatment to ensure that even the smallest detail is produced in exacting ways. The development team used well over 100 microphones to record weapons fire at Fort Irwin in California. Even more microphones were attached to Apache helicopters, so that sounds of weapons fire, explosions and other sounds of war were recorded. The development team even went as far as to hire actual Special Operational Forces soldiers to consult for the game. These consultants even urged Danger Close Games to “scale back a bit.”

And yet, the division responsible for creating good gameplay is probably still staffed by 1 unpaid intern.

Silellak

Cipher
BLOBERT said:

LOLLOLL..LO.LOL PUBLISHERS ACTUALLY HAVE TO SELL GFAMES TO MAKE A SEQUESL ALLOLLOOLLLOLL DECLKINE

Once again, Brother BLOBERT is the voice of reason. :salute:

:bro-fist:

MetalCraze

Arcane
@Silellak: he is?
The dev is telling right in your face before the first game is even released that you must buy this game OR ELSE so they will milk you further with a sequel. It isn't even a good or creative game, but a CoDMW-clone.

Back in the days devs were much more humble at least.

Also 3 mln copies to make money on a 4 hours long cheapass shooter? They indeed have spent too much of it on all those trashy live action videos.

Luzur

Good Sir
BLOBERT said:

BUT BLOBRO, BACK THEN THERY MADE GAEMS FOR FUN AND HONOR, NOW THEY MAEK IT FOR THE DOUGH

also, let it die i say.

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
@Silellak: he is?
The dev is telling right in your face before the first game is even released that you must buy this game OR ELSE so they will milk you further with a sequel. It isn't even a good or creative game, but a CoDMW-clone..
He's just stating the truth - if you want a sequel to a particular series, you should support that series, especially when that series is in financial trouble. It's not blackmail; it's business. He could have phrased it better, sure, but he isn't wrong, and I almost appreciate the bluntness.

Honestly, I would be glad to see the Metal of Honor series die - one less crappy copypasta FPS series on the market can't possibly be a bad thing. So, it has nothing to do with this particular franchise - I just don't see this statement as something worth raging over.

Back in the days devs were much more humble at least
FYI, the guy quoted wasn't a developer, he's an executive producer. Very different job positions with very different roles.

aron searle

Arcane
How many of you have actually played MW2 on hardest setting?

Admittedly i only managed to grab 10 minutes round a mates house, but fuck it was 1-2 shots = death.

Health regen doesnt mean it has to be easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom