Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Shadowrun Returns Review at RPG Watch

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
75% off sale = where?

Septaryeth

Augur

Do you like User Generated Contents?
I spent more time on playing them than the actual main campaign.
The difficulty is pleasantly higher and some even have open world and missions with goals other than kicking doors and shooting everything in sight.
It makes me wonder what the heck is Harbinger doing...guess we'll find out when they release Berlin DLC.

Gregz

Arcane

The difficulty is pleasantly higher and some even have open world and missions with goals other than kicking doors and shooting everything in sight.
It makes me wonder what the heck is Harbinger doing...guess we'll find out when they release Berlin DLC.

I'd thought it was too early for anything worth playing to be available yet.

Is there a primary forums for user mods/campaigns etc?

Septaryeth

Augur

I'd thought it was too early for anything worth playing to be available yet.

Is there a primary forums for user mods/campaigns etc?

In terms of stories, some of the mods were a bit..meh, but there are some fairly interesting ones as well.
The battles are also more challenging with restricted amount of credits and weapons.
Street Samurai is still the most favored class (and Decker is still weak), but mods are starting to use different stats for different approaches.
The community is a livelier than I expected, I don't think there is any forum other than the official one, http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/categories/game-2
but people are constantly pumping out new mods and new resources for more mods on Steam Workshop.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Installed Steam only to get mods and indeed some of them were fun to play; but aside from helpful suggestion for PC to throw every womyn he/she/it meets down the well to not appear sexist this review is too critical; game is good and lack only saves in game and more non linearity to be pefect; :3/5: is good for games like DAO or Skyrim.

P.S. New Codex smiles are indeed shite.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Recommend any mods yet?

almondblight

Arcane
Recommend any mods yet?

Many of the 4 or 5 star ones on Steam seem pretty decent. I've only played with them a little, but Shadowrun Unlimited, Jacked Up, and Little Town all seemed promising. Shadowrun Unlimited is especially interesting to me because of the open world elements.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like both (Darth's and Ghan's) reviews. :)
Your trolling is really insufferable, I guess that by the standards of this place you can cosider this a compliment.

Not trolling, only positive thinking is my way. Being nice and polite are good things in my book. Both Ghan and Darth did a real good job to analyze the game.

... and I think you are a positive person, too, because your avatar smiles :D and you have ♥♥♥ in your sig.

Septaryeth

Augur
I am just posting ITT so people confuse Septaryeth with me.

No plane is big enough for two broken modrons. :fight:

--

Anyway...

"From the Shadow, Run" is fairly interesting, and is still ongoing, though it's linear as hell.
"The Deep One" has a very good variety of missions including a zombie mode, but the writing is simply insufferable. The difficulty is higher for all non-Street Samurai characters, though it seems the modder has removed the extra weapon resource so that may be changed. They are also trying to implant a faction system but I don't see any real consequence...yet
"Silver Angel, Seattle 2050" is okay. The most memorable part is how one major battle is decided by your decker (either the PC or the hired runner) - decking actually becomes challenging and there will be real penalty for triggering the alarm.
"Antumbra" is a good 30min to 1hr run with an interesting boss fight. Don't know about the second one though.
"Seattle Blue" is good, but I think the Karma points seems to be too generous towards the end, making it less and less challenging.
"Back to Seattle" doesn't really have a story. I like how it's more open and you can transit between three large regions. It also has a larger range of Johnson missions.
I only played "A Stitch in Time" for few hours and I think it's good. It's definitely more challenging than DMS and I actually need to plan out how I should spend the credits.
"Fraggin' Marvellous!" is not bad, but I hate it how the modder is trying to be "gritty" and add "drek", "frag" into every motherfuxxing sentences.
"Lone Star: Double Indemnity" is one of the best mods around. The all out bar fight is fun but it seems the modder has gave up on it so that's a shame.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like both (Darth's and Ghan's) reviews. :)
Your trolling is really insufferable, I guess that by the standards of this place you can cosider this a compliment.

Not trolling, only positive thinking is my way. Being nice and polite are good things in my book. Both Ghan and Darth did a real good job to analyze the game.

... and I think you are a positive person, too, because your avatar smiles :D and you have ♥♥♥ in your sig.
Reported for excessive niceties on the 'dex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom