Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Also I think InXile and Obsidian have a lot more experience AND a lot higher standards to live up to.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Except that people will swallow anything connected to 'PC clussix'.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I hope the editor allows to customize content heavily. Game looks awesome - the only thing i am worried about is how interactive quests will be.

Zeriel

Arcane
This game could be pretty cool, but I still expect (and hope) it will be the worst of 7-digit Kickstarter projects, because I have much higher hopes for W2, PE and TToN.
Well it is also the one with the lowest budget among them.
And development time by far too.
Also the only one with an editor.

Divinity Original Sin! I know, I know, it's not really a Kickstarter project in the proper sense like the other ones are.

almondblight

Arcane
The combat looks like it will be about as deep as in a Jeff Vogel game.

Which would make it deeper than at least half of the Codex's favorite RPGs.

I'm also a bit worried about the difficulty of the combat, but so far most of the videos have pit overpowered players against underpowered enemies. A fair fight is going to require more thought. Though the fact that the reaction in the videos isn't "this module is OK but the combat is too easy" but rather "Awesome, I can take out everyone with one fireball!" isn't terribly reassuring.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I hope the editor allows to customize content heavily. Game looks awesome - the only thing i am worried about is how interactive quests will be.
Most non-combat options appear to be presented via the dialogue system á la Age of Decadence. There used to be stealth in the game but apparently it's removed: http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/27213/stealth
Hmm. There we go. I hope, editor allows some scripting to add events/cheks.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I hope the community will make some great content, because i have a sinking feeling that the campaign will be a train wreck.

Based on what? Or are is it just another slow shit posting day for you.

I pulled it out of my ass, something you should know a thing or 2 about. :roll:

Are you going to answer my question or just continue to shitpost?

Come on, you have to admit that was a funny line.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I don't mind Jaesun, we share an infatuation.

Which would make it deeper than at least half of the Codex's favorite RPGs.

I'm also a bit worried about the difficulty of the combat, but so far most of the videos have pit overpowered players against underpowered enemies. A fair fight is going to require more thought. Though the fact that the reaction in the videos isn't "this module is OK but the combat is too easy" but rather "Awesome, I can take out everyone with one fireball!" isn't terribly reassuring.

Some of my favorite rpg mods are combat balancing mods, so i'm not too worried about the combat difficulty itself, as it will work out in the end if the community continues to show the dedication they have been during the pre-launch.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty sure we are in for big dissappointment.
Depends of what you expect from a game made with so few both money and development time, and with a so low selling price.

This, honestly.

If you expect to launch the exe and instantly be transported back to the days of Torment and Fallout then you're probably going to come here and bitch about all kinds of shit. If you launch it expecting a nice little turn-based RPG set in the Shadowrun setting then you'll likely think it's pretty nice and better than most modern shit.

All about perspectives and expectations.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
RE; newfags. Wait and see but the game could be nothing but turn based combat, 2d backgrounds and the setting, with 80% of features missing. That's shit, no matter what you tell me.

Rake

Arcane
RE; newfags. Wait and see but the game could be nothing but turn based combat, 2d backgrounds and the setting, with 80% of features missing. That's shit, no matter what you tell me.
Still better than any RPG the last 3 years.(New Vegas possible exception, i couldn't play it because of the fucking engine)

Branm

Learned
Hmm doesn't seem like you can have multiple accessible height levels in a scene. That's kind of a bummer. Was hoping you would be able to send people on rooftops etc....

I guess I should drastically lower my expectations for this game :(

Gozma

Arcane
I was expecting something like the Genesis game in scope (i.e. very little). XCOM coverpoint Shadowrun was a surprise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom