Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

Renegen

Arcane
Maybe they should stagger kickstarter projects over the whole year instead of putting them all in the same month...

this must be how AAA gamers feel
I don't understand. How many people are commenting that they'll forgo eating to fund this game and that game? The kickstarters shouldn't compete for each other's money. On the other hand, having so many of them could legitimize the practice and make it common. But if it is to become a common way of financing games, they need to be staggered.

visions

Arcane
Large numbers of humans "Goblinize" into orks and trolls, while human children begin to be born as elves, dwarves, and even more exotic creatures

The Shadowrun setting seems to be even more derpy than World of Darkness. CYBERPUNK! WITH DWARVES AND ORCS! BORN TO HUMAN PARENTS! ON FUTURE EARTH!

Ugh. Doesn't mean that the pc game will neccesarily be shit though.

Kaol

Educated
I had shadowrun for the genesis, game was pretty awesome.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I carefully collected every source book of every version and every shitty novel ever made for this pnp rpg over the past decade. And now the original creator is making a pc rpg of it? How can I not pledge another ridiculous sum to the biggest nerdgasm I've had in years?

Johannes

Arcane
Large numbers of humans "Goblinize" into orks and trolls, while human children begin to be born as elves, dwarves, and even more exotic creatures

The Shadowrun setting seems to be even more derpy than World of Darkness. CYBERPUNK! WITH DWARVES AND ORCS! BORN TO HUMAN PARENTS! ON FUTURE EARTH!

Ugh. Doesn't mean that the pc game will neccesarily be shit though.
Now what fantasy setting ISN'T derpy? Just needs to be so in a cool way.

visions

Arcane
If you want to have cyberpunk with fantasy races, why make it on Earth? The "people turning into orcs" etc seems very forced, the whole concept seems too "wacky". Could be tolerable in a pc game though, as long as the gameplay/mechanics would be appealing.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
If you want to have cyberpunk with fantasy races, why make it on Earth? The "people turning into orcs" etc seems very forced, the whole concept seems too "wacky".

It's 2012 now. You're VERY late to the party.

Stabwound

Arcane
I can't speak for the PnP or anything but the SNES game, but the "derpness" doesn't really matter. You're just in a cyberpunk world with elves and orcs and shit. It's a great game, anyway. I can't believe there was never a Shadowrun CRPG made.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Seriously, go grab a copy of the PnP rules and give it a read.

If your pants aren't exploding in cum after reading it, then go back something else.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Seriously, go grab a copy of the PnP rules and give it a read.

If your pants aren't exploding in cum after reading it, then go back something else.

Which edition is your favorite. Jaesun?

My books are all in storage in another town so I don't remember off hand :(

I never played any of the video games, just a few PnP sessions with an OK DM and a few really good players that knew the world and setting very well.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
A new video update just went up. They apparently have top men working on answering your questions. Top. Men.

Stabwound

Arcane
Wow, this kickstarter is off to a very fast start. Not quite Wasteland 2 speed, but way faster than I expected.

I don't know if this deserves the same amount of hope that WL2 deserves. A great Shadowrun CRPG would be amazing, but who knows what it will actually be like. At least the fact that they make fun of the FPS Shadowrun is promising.

Has anyone played the Genesis/Megadrive Shadowrun game? How does it compare to the SNES one, which looks to be completely different?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Wow, this kickstarter is off to a very fast start. Not quite Wasteland 2 speed, but way faster than I expected.

I don't know if this deserves the same amount of hope that WL2 deserves. A great Shadowrun CRPG would be amazing, but who knows what it will actually be like. At least the fact that they make fun of the FPS Shadowrun is promising.

Has anyone played the Genesis/Megadrive Shadowrun game? How does it compare to the SNES one, which looks to be completely different?

The Hivemind™ Consensus would indicate the SNES version is best based off the comments in the news section thread.

Kaol

Educated

I havn't played the SNES game but the Genesis version is a very good game. Combat is real time and isnt really the strongpoint, solving the plot is pretty good fun though, although you get pointers its pretty non-linear. You could be hacking some random corporations network to get credits and stumble upon something critical to the plot or be out exploring and find something else. The hacking is done really well and is more than just a mini game really.

Gregz

Arcane
Very exciting, the stuff Jaesun said, but if it's not party based like the SNES/Genesis games, that's a pretty major problem.

I can't tell from the description if you can recruit NPCs or not.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Very exciting, the stuff Jaesun said, but if it's not party based like the SNES/Genesis games, that's a pretty major problem.

I can't tell from the description if you can recruit NPCs or not.
I'm pretty sure that they explicitly state in the video that you will be able to recruit other runners.

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, one of the main points he brings up is that you can recruit other Shadowrunners, probably much like the SNES game. Sounds great to me.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Even Shadowrunners that other players made. Interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom