Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #72: Dragonfall Released

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Playing a socialite/corporate elf gunslinger woman. Fits pretty well with the rest of the runners in the team.

I like the story so far, although I'm only a couple of missions in. I like the characters and I like the writing. It's descriptive but concise.

I really hope they make a sequel and put some focus on items and gear, and add more world interactivity (even if it's just being able to check empty drawers).

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I thought people already owning the base game would get a discount on this one? Eh, getting it regardless tomorrow.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Great, will be checking this out tonight. :) Good work HBS!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Pretty Princess is happy as long as there is a generic, Biowarian fantasy setting and horribly bland art direction. Proving only that shit poster is still shit."

That's hilarious!

I didn't know Wizardry was a Bioware creation! HOLY FUKKIN SHIT!

The more you know the more you know! :)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
"Pretty Princess is happy as long as there is a generic, Biowarian fantasy setting and horribly bland art direction. Proving only that shit poster is still shit."

That's hilarious!

I didn't know Wizardry was a Bioware creation! HOLY FUKKIN SHIT!

The more you know the more you know! :)

I can't believe you still manage to piss off people here

GG, you are the king

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I wanna dump all my points into Charisma and Intelligence and be dialoguefag, but I dislike spirit summoning and decking. 怎么办 没办法 should I just utterly hamstring myself for combat in the hoeps there are delicious dialogue checks YES I'M GOIN FOR IT

Awakened_Yeti

Arcane
Developer
I wanna dump all my points into Charisma and Intelligence and be dialoguefag, but I dislike spirit summoning and decking. 怎么办 没办法 should I just utterly hamstring myself for combat in the hoeps there are delicious dialogue checks YES I'M GOIN FOR IT

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Did they put any real options in the game or is it still just clicking the next hotspot like in DMS? I have kickstarted but can't be assed to try.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Possibly close to trying this.

Steam prices:
$14.24 for SRR+DMS
$9.99 for Dragonfall
$24.23 for approximately 30 hours gameplay?

76/100 metascore - which usually means I could like it if I like that genre.

Is that about right?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
It's better than DMS so far, but it's still a light CRPG

Perhaps, I'm not very far yet. But at least on "hard" the combat is actually challenging compared to the previous campaign which gave me no real challenge at all. Will be interesting to find out if any of the dialogue or side-quest choices actually have real C&C or is just Biowarian flavor like DMS.

EDIT:
'Course I say that and now remember I drunkenly sold my rifle in order to bribe the guy to get to the upstairs of the hotel. :oops:

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I really hope they make a sequel and put some focus on items and gear, and add more world interactivity (even if it's just being able to check empty drawers).

Yeah, improving the interactivity would be huge. I think I was most disappointed in the way every interaction in DMS had the giant floating magnifying glass over it. Kind of took away from the fun of searching around. I'm assuming that's necessary for tablets though, so I'm not too optimistic.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm assuming that's necessary for tablets though, so I'm not too optimistic.
well, object name on mouseover is out on tablets, but they could do away with the icons and have different somewhat subtler visual clues for interactive objects... though that would require a lot of work.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's better than DMS so far, but it's still a light CRPG

Perhaps, I'm not very far yet. But at least on "hard" the combat is actually challenging compared to the previous campaign which gave me no real challenge at all.
So far on very hard I didn't find it much harder, and I've only played DMS on normal and hard. Mainly because the AI is still braindead.

Will be interesting to find out if any of the dialogue or side-quest choices actually have real C&C or is just Biowarian flavor like DMS.
Looks all biowarean so far, apart from optional mission objectives.

I'm assuming that's necessary for tablets though, so I'm not too optimistic.
well, object name on mouseover is out on tablets, but they could do away with the icons and have different somewhat subtler visual clues for interactive objects... though that would require a lot of work.
And what would be the point?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Yeah, improving the interactivity would be huge. I think I was most disappointed in the way every interaction in DMS had the giant floating magnifying glass over it. Kind of took away from the fun of searching around. I'm assuming that's necessary for tablets though, so I'm not too optimistic.
yeah. take fallout for instance. just checking empty urns and bookshelves were a big part of exploring an area. it sounds like such a trite thing, but it's actually fun and part of the orientation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom